• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Bad battery

Search This thread

Stickola

Sep 11, 2021
Been using the phone for like 11-12 days and the battery drain is just insanely high, i cant hit more than 4:30 hours SoT ...
Android System is taking up to 30% in battery. I Debloated the device but no luck, using the latest 12.5.5 MIUI version, dont know what else to do...

zaqm

Apr 8, 2017
Been using the phone for like 11-12 days and the battery drain is just insanely high, i cant hit more than 4:30 hours SoT ...
Android System is taking up to 30% in battery. I Debloated the device but no luck, using the latest 12.5.5 MIUI version, dont know what else to do...
Hi, did you try to Factory reset your phone.

zaqm

Apr 8, 2017
I prefer not to because i have a bunch of important stuff in my device and it's pain in the arse to back all that up but, i got the phone with 12.5.5 installed already.
If you move to any custom rom you'll at least have to Wipe Data if even not Format data and you'll loose all your apps so I can't understand what's the hassle not to Factory reset miui.

Stickola

Sep 11, 2021
If you move to any custom rom you'll at least have to Wipe Data if even not Format data and you'll loose all your apps so I can't understand what's the hassle not to Factory reset miui.
Cause when i am moving to the custom rom and i at least know it that the time i wasted will be worth, with MIUI i can never know, been using xiaomi devices since 2016 and its interesenting how it's always something new to disappoint me with this " system ".

Reactions: jazzh

jazzh

Oct 2, 2011
Huawei MediaPad T5
Yes, correct. When I bought mine it was on 12.0.2.0, immediatelly it found an OTA update and I did the upgrade to 12.5.5.0. Then I did a factory reset and made all the installations. Now I'm dissapointed with the battery and I read GSM arena review from April with rom 12.0.2.0 with more than 7h sot. That's why I'd rather go back to taht version, but you have to be rooted for downgrade :(

Stickola

Sep 11, 2021
Yes, correct. When I bought mine it was on 12.0.2.0, immediatelly it found an OTA update and I did the upgrade to 12.5.5.0. Then I did a factory reset and made all the installations. Now I'm dissapointed with the battery and I read GSM arena review from April with rom 12.0.2.0 with more than 7h sot. That's why I'd rather go back to taht version, but you have to be rooted for downgrade :(
Same here, thinking about downgrading but yeah, root is required i guess... I am genuinely getting pissed with the phone like this, i mean 4 hrs of sot is pretty bad...

Stickola

Sep 11, 2021
BTW, how do you downgrade?

zaqm

Apr 8, 2017
Same here, thinking about downgrading but yeah, root is required i guess... I am genuinely getting pissed with the phone like this, i mean 4 hrs of sot is pretty bad...
It doesn't require root but you'll need to unlock bootloader. Also if ARB is present you'll get error in MiFlash. Don't attempt to do it with twrp before MiFlash as if Arb is active you'll likely brick your phone.

Top Liked Posts