Bad call/microphone quality on modified ROM's.

Search This thread

marbalon

Dec 21, 2007
Hi all,
I have a problem with custom ROMs runing on my Magic (32B). When I tried many ROMs I have a problem with microphone when make a call. The sound transmited from my phone to another is really quiet, and effect is similar to VoIP calls. When I don't speak other person hear just silance without noice from background. I know thak gsm modules have some options to enable echo cancelation and tune audio quality. Whan I come back to my orginal rom sound is good again.
Does anyone have the same problem?

Device info:
RADIO-22.22.19.26I
PVT 32B ENG S-OFF G
CPLD-10
HBOOT-1.33.2004 (SAPP10000)

spyz88

Oct 28, 2008
I ran into the same issue. The problem is with 3 files from the /system/etc folder. AudioPreProcess.csv, AudioPara4.csv, and AudioFilter.csv.

I uploaded the files I pulled from a stock Rogers build. They sound perfect and work on any ROM.

The link is:

http://www.mediafire.com/?nwxomlgymfy

To install:
adb remount
adb push AudioPreProcess.csv /system/etc
adb push AudioPara4.csv /system/etc
adb push AudioFilter.csv /system/etc
adb shell reboot

After that you will be all good to go.

Last edited:

bhav007

Mar 21, 2007
Am using Cyanogen 4.0.1 and the sound quality on call is clear, had a few issues with some hero roms, but i think the non-hero roms are not that bad with voice call clarity.

marbalon

Dec 21, 2007
I ran into the same issue. The problem is with 3 files from the /system/etc folder. AudioPreProcess.csv, AudioPara4.csv, and AudioFilter.csv.

I uploaded the files I pulled from a stock Rogers build. They sound perfect and work on any ROM.

The link is:

http://rapidshare.com/files/269834943/Audio_Filters_Rogers.zip.html

To install:
adb remount
adb shell reboot

I was thinking about the same think but have no time to test it. These files you extracted form original rom ?

spyz88

Oct 28, 2008
I was thinking about the same think but have no time to test it. These files you extracted form original rom ?
Yes I extracted them from an absolutely stock Rogers Magic. Also, its not a matter of testing. I used these files on 2 different magics. Works perfectly.

Last edited:

briggs81

Dec 27, 2007
Ontario, Canada

The link is:

http://rapidshare.com/files/269834943/Audio_Filters_Rogers.zip.html

To install:
adb remount
adb shell reboot

Are you using a 32b device?

A

ankn

Just to be clear: these files are already present in all the recent Cyanogen roms (I don't know on the others). This fix is just OLD!

amarkovits

Sep 7, 2009
Just to be clear: these files are already present in all the recent Cyanogen roms (I don't know on the others). This fix is just OLD!

I had the microphone problem using the Cyanogen 4.04 rom. The file AudioPara4.csv was wrong. I replaced it with the one from the zip and it works for me now.

Andrei

rainabba

Mar 16, 2008

Wow, that was a completely useless, unnecessary, and rude comment. Someone here is trying to help people that need it. If you aren't one of them, and you don't have a contribution, get lost.

kino13

Aug 12, 2009
I can confirm this

I confirm this problem, not with one but with several roms, new ones as well.

My phone is a magic 32B from spanish vodafone, and I have had to do the patch myself EVERY TIME.

I have not tried Hero roms, so I can not talk about those. And yes, the cyanogen are also affected by the problem.

Now, someone correctme but I thought that the sound patch V7 was a package for getting louder OUTPUT volume on the speaker, not to correct the microphone.

macacomachec

Sep 23, 2008
The audio hack is based on dreamn audio files,just like cyanogen and the other dream ported to sapphire/magic.and the mic level is alwais so low.
So we can only fix manually the audio files every time....Cheers