Bad news ahead for us...

Search This thread

Dany21000

May 5, 2016
Dijon
It's a confirmation to not rebuy any other phone from Huawei... That all for those who want a full control of the device.

For the major part of users, there no problem. The phone will survive to 1 - 3 years of daily use and that all...

otonieru

May 7, 2011
Djakarta
Its an old news, just different writing.

well, this is my last huawei phone after all.

i will never buy phone which cant be unlocked/rooted

so xiaomi, nokia or oneplus it is

Jake.S

Oct 9, 2017
Stockholm
The patch01 was not intended to bork Magisk, just an accidental side effect.

It's really simple to make it work again - Just make sure AVB 2.0/DM-Verity is ticked before flashing.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/ap...systemless-t3432382/post77560239#post77560239

like krs360 said, the patch wasn't to break magisk at all, what patch did was it accidentaly patched something magisk sems to have used or when patch was applied it could of writen over a file that magisk edited. Which then made phone unbootable with magisk.

It's like rooting phone and then run a update can also make the root vanish, since it writes over files that rooting has edited to enable the root access.

sToRm//

Jun 24, 2017
Munich
Come oooon.... This can't be real dudes...

I bought a Sony Xperia, rooted it and ****ed up my camera because of the DRM key problem. So I invested my time and ****ed the Sony security functionality, hacked their bootloader checks and patched it to get a working DRM fix. Result was: XperiFIX was born and Sony hates me.

Now I bought a P20 Pro and Huawei ****s me up with their change related to unlock codes. Damn... Seriously... This must be a sign. Hahahaha...

What about the name "HuFIX"? Hahaha...

Shiiiiiit... I think I have to spend some time on Huawei now.

Jake.S

Oct 9, 2017
Stockholm

I bought a Sony Xperia, rooted it and ****ed up my camera because of the DRM key problem. So I invested my time and ****ed the Sony security functionality, hacked their bootloader checks and patched it to get a working DRM fix. Result was: XperiFIX was born and Sony hates me.

Now I bought a P20 Pro and Huawei ****s me up with their change related to unlock codes. Damn... Seriously... This must be a sign. Hahahaha...

I wonder if sony warned other manufactures about you xD, so huawei decided to stop providing bootloader unlock codes, because they knew you where coming lol

Reactions: HaboMan and sToRm//

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I wonder if sony warned other manufactures about you xD, so huawei decided to stop providing bootloader unlock codes, because they knew you where coming lol
    This was my first and last Huawei device. F*ck em!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone