General Bad news, possible no more Xiaomi.EU when Poco releases Poco UI...

Search This thread

Nemix77

Nov 11, 2011
Toronto
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Xiaomi Poco F3
Poco UI will be like a MIUI based OS for Poco devices like what Joy UI is for Black Shark devices.

Poco will be releasing the Poco UI for Poco devices at the end of 2021:

Source: https://www.gizmochina.com/2021/05/13/poco-ui-confirmed-to-arrive-in-late-2021/

I've asked on Xiaomi.EU forum on the possibility of support for Poco UI and it seems like they will likely not support Poco UI in the future.

Poco devices that do not have Chinese equivalent devices, affected by this change to Poco UI and will NOT receive Xiaomi.EU roms in 2022 and beyond: Poco X3, Poco X3 Pro and Poco M3.

Devices affected by this change, but will still receive Xiaomi.EU rom support in the future since these devices are based on Chinese Redmi devices: Poco F2 Pro (Redmi K20 Pro in China) and Poco F3 (Redmi K40 in China).

The Poco F1 will not be affected by this change since the device is EOL for firmware updates.

Last edited:

BtB

Jun 14, 2008
Xiaomi Mi A2
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
What`s the problem guys? We have so many custom ROMs, GSI`s. Just unlock the bootloader and flash what ever you want.
I agree... to me (but I may be mistaken), xiaomi.eu was mostly usefull to shady vendors who wanted to import phones in markets where they should not be sold... which is often a scam in the end for the buyer since they get a warranty-void device.

So, ok, maybe xiaomi.eu was the first "custom ROM" for Poco X3 Pro, but if you take the step of unlocking and flashing, why would you stay on this? You'd go to a really nice custom ROM....

Maybe I'm missing a point?

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
Some people just like the built-in features. They don't want to download some apps or modules to get features.

Personally have 1 complete stock, 1 Xiaomi.eu, and 1 ArrowOS.

Both MIUI drain battery faster, even if debloat with root.

Put custom kernel in Xiaomi.eu, but still drains faster than ArrowOS with custom kernel.

ChriMo

Oct 13, 2014
Well I use Poco X3 Pro mainly to film short videos and edit them in Apps for Social Media.
Stock Cam Steady Video is very Smooth and Stable and so far no GCam got me that (Hope the Arnova build - still in closed beta - might improve this).
Since AnxCam Dev seems inactive I'm worried if I ever have the chance to get the Steady Video experience on a Custom ROM, for all the rest I would totally like to switch to crDroid and kick MIUI.

ChriMo

Oct 13, 2014
Poco devices that do not have Chinese equivalent devices, affected by this change to Poco UI and will NOT receive Xiaomi.EU roms in 2022 and beyond: Poco X3, Poco X3 Pro and Poco M3.
The Poco F1 will not be affected by this change since the device is EOL for firmware updates.
I'm planning to use xiaomi.eu which should have the Stock Cam experience with a few Extras (Dual Video, AI Watermark, ...). Need to check Steady Video in comparison tough.
Is the official EOL for Poco X3 Pro firmware updates known?

EDIT: ok I found this on mi.com/global "Xiaomi Security Updates"
We release monthly and quarterly security patch updates on Xiaomi devices for at least two years after product listing in the marketplace. Monthly and quarterly security updates will include Android security patches released by Google, as well as patches for Xiaomi-specific issues.
So for Poco X3 Pro this means Updates "at least" until March/April 2023.
I also found this stating that a MIUI 13 update is possible for X3 Pro: devices eligible for the MIUI 13 update.

So let's hope Poco UI does not go official as planned at the end of 2021 or at least is not an immediate replacement for MIUI on Poco so that we will receive MIUI 13 and updates until Q1/Q2 2022 at least and so also xiaomi.eu Updates. That still leaves us with one year of uncertainty regarding MIUI/xiaomi.eu Updates.

Last edited:

Nemix77

Nov 11, 2011
Toronto
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Xiaomi Poco F3
By the end of this year, Poco has already announced it on the Poco Community forum.

However, it's not 100% confirmed that Xiaomi.EU will stop supporting Poco devices with Poco UI.

It depends on how different it is to MIUI, if it's anything like Joy UI then it's Xiaomi.EU is likely to drop support for Poco UI devices in the future.

Momin8454

Oct 22, 2019
Redmi Note 8
I agree... to me (but I may be mistaken), xiaomi.eu was mostly usefull to shady vendors who wanted to import phones in markets where they should not be sold... which is often a scam in the end for the buyer since they get a warranty-void device.

So, ok, maybe xiaomi.eu was the first "custom ROM" for Poco X3 Pro, but if you take the step of unlocking and flashing, why would you stay on this? You'd go to a really nice custom ROM....

You are right though. That was the whole point of EU Rom😂

pinbanman

Jan 17, 2019
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
A few months later, in September, this might really be the case.
The most recent POCO launches for F3 GT and X3 GT are on Mediatek (Dimensity 1200/1100 respectively) and I doubt they can even support Xiaomi EU roms.
In the future, we might see more Poco launches with this Dimensity SoC.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Aosp is what's important anyway
    Well I use Poco X3 Pro mainly to film short videos and edit them in Apps for Social Media.
    Stock Cam Steady Video is very Smooth and Stable and so far no GCam got me that (Hope the Arnova build - still in closed beta - might improve this).
    Since AnxCam Dev seems inactive I'm worried if I ever have the chance to get the Steady Video experience on a Custom ROM, for all the rest I would totally like to switch to crDroid and kick MIUI.
    What`s the problem guys? We have so many custom ROMs, GSI`s. Just unlock the bootloader and flash what ever you want.