• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Bad sensitivity spot issue

Search This thread

lethall1

Jan 21, 2013
Hello,
I need some help from the xda community.
Just recently bought S21 Ultra, but I have an issue while using S pen with any application that has push sensitivity recognition just in one spot.
For example 'Infinite painter' or 'art flow' with sensitivity brush like 6B pencil.
I'm not completely sure that it is hardware (display) issue of this phone or all S21 Ultra have this issue.
I want to ask someone to try it either to confirm or deny. If it is the issue of this particular phone, I still have some time to change the device.
Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• photo5774151816995518531.jpg
    photo5774151816995518531.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 29

patensas

Jun 24, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Forgot to mention. No, no case, nothing magnetic, no screen protector. The photo was taken while the phone was on my lap.
Okay well in that case I would say a faulty digitizer, I guess you should get it replaced ( under warranty )

I've seen many users having a similar issue which was triggered by a magnetic case thats why I asked about it ;-)

lethall1

Jan 21, 2013
Okay well in that case I would say a faulty digitizer, I guess you should get it replaced ( under warranty )

I've seen many users having a similar issue which was triggered by a magnetic case thats why I asked about it ;-)
yeah, I've googled this issue, I know about magnets. But it looks like there is something underneath the screen that produces some magnetic interference. And it works with very big pressure... I was just wondering if everybody has this issue and just don't care\know, or it is just me. That's why I've asked somebody to test it.

patensas

Jun 24, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
yeah, I've googled this issue, I know about magnets. But it looks like there is something underneath the screen that produces some magnetic interference. And it works with very big pressure... I was just wondering if everybody has this issue and just don't care\know, or it is just me. That's why I've asked somebody to test it.
Well mine works flawless and I would contact Samsung to get it fixed if I would have the issue

lethall1

Jan 21, 2013
Well mine works flawless and I would contact Samsung to get it fixed if I would have the issue
So, as I understand - you did try S-pen with any application that support sensitivity recognition in this area and it works? The general notepad or any other application that is just for writing works in this area of the screen. The problem is only with push-level recognition.

KingFatty

Feb 4, 2009
How do I enable the pressure sensitivity?

Here is what I achieved on my S21 Ultra (snapdragon, USA t-mobile variant) using an older s-pen taken from an older note. But when I used different pressure, the Infinite Painter app acted like the pen was either on or off, but no gradients in between. Like I dragged the pen across the screen and pushed harder and softer, but the result was just no ink when too soft, and pure black when hard enough or harder. Nothing in between. Is this because my s-pen is too old, or did I need to turn on a setting in the phone or the app? I selected the 6B pencil in the app.

Screenshot_20210803-092415_Painter.jpg

Reactions: lethall1

lethall1

Jan 21, 2013

Here is what I achieved on my S21 Ultra (snapdragon, USA t-mobile variant) using an older s-pen taken from an older note. But when I used different pressure, the Infinite Painter app acted like the pen was either on or off, but no gradients in between. Like I dragged the pen across the screen and pushed harder and softer, but the result was just no ink when too soft, and pure black when hard enough or harder. Nothing in between. Is this because my s-pen is too old, or did I need to turn on a setting in the phone or the app? I selected the 6B pencil in the app.

View attachment 5377021
Thank you very much! yeah, I didn't realize this. I bought S-pen with the phone and I guess it's a different one from old Note S-Pen

Attachments

• photo5210818237095326723.png
    photo5210818237095326723.png
    53.5 KB · Views: 1
Hello,
Just recently bought S21 Ultra, but I have an issue while using S pen with any application that has push sensitivity recognition just in one spot.
For example 'Infinite painter' or 'art flow' with sensitivity brush like 6B pencil.
I'm not completely sure that it is hardware (display) issue of this phone or all S21 Ultra have this issue.
I want to ask someone to try it either to confirm or deny. If it is the issue of this particular phone, I still have some time to change the device.
Thanks for your help!
I don't have infinite painter or any other painting app, but I tried my S pen on Samsung notes and there doesn't seem to be any irregular spots on the screen. Both tracing and pressure work on all parts of the screen as far as I can tell. I used my Tab S7's included S-Pen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210803-192918_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20210803-192918_Samsung Notes.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
Reactions: lethall1

lethall1

Jan 21, 2013
I don't have infinite painter or any other painting app, but I tried my S pen on Samsung notes and there doesn't seem to be any irregular spots on the screen. Both tracing and pressure work on all parts of the screen as far as I can tell. I used my Tab S7's included S-Pen.
Thank you! Now I'm wondering if it is S-pen issue. Just noticed that if I hold the pen almost completely 90 degree to the screen, it just works fine on this spot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Screenshot_20210803-092415_Painter.jpg
    Hello,
    Thanks for your help!