Bada 2.0 Brick

Search This thread

secretwhite

Jun 26, 2011
Sadly, 4 of my friend birck their phone when they are flashing the new Bada 2.0. Do you have any solution to bring their phone back

mylove90

Feb 27, 2011
Cairo
WTH !!!!!
How did they brick them???
Is the flashing was killed in the bootloader step or any other step
if in the bootloader then it is full brick and the will need a fix with JTAG
If in any other step just reflash the files again

Best Regards

secretwhite

Jun 26, 2011
One of them forgot to check Full download, other didn't load the usb driver. Others can't understand what they did wrong. But they cant switch to Download mode now.

O

ortega1

Sometimes, pulling the battery out for a few minutes, works. Otherwise, service is needed.

toxicdust

Jul 17, 2009
Centurion
Sadly, 4 of my friend birck their phone when they are flashing the new Bada 2.0. Do you have any solution to bring their phone back

The obvious 1st question to ask is to what did they try and flash it to?

The current Bada 2.0 is ONLY for the S8530 Wave II and NOT the S8500 Wave I

If they tried to flash it on the Wave I then "Theres your problem!!" Like Jamie Hinaman from Mythbusters would say

secretwhite

Jun 26, 2011
The obvious 1st question to ask is to what did they try and flash it to?

The current Bada 2.0 is ONLY for the S8530 Wave II and NOT the S8500 Wave I

If they tried to flash it on the Wave I then "Theres your problem!!" Like Jamie Hinaman from Mythbusters would say

Like I said in my second post, one of them dorgot to check Full download, other forgot to load new usb driver. And they all have Wave II

toxicdust

Jul 17, 2009
Centurion
Like I said in my second post, one of them dorgot to check Full download, other forgot to load new usb driver. And they all have Wave II

Than I retract my statement :)

Usually once the bootloader has been loaded you can just reload it without doing to bootfiles again and it should work. But if their bootloader is screwed they will have to take it in to my knowledge.

Just a thought though... Were some of theirs branded? Because i know the bootloaders for branded phones are a bit different?

toxicdust

Jul 17, 2009
Centurion
Their bootfiles screwed probably. I2m still searching for any solution

I'll google some for you as well but seeing as we dont know much from the new bootfiles i doubt there will be anything.

As a suggestion to them let them open up Kies and then plug in the phone in whatever state it may be.

There is a emergency recover mode that it should enter if it cant boot and Kies will then just revert to the latest "available" firmware.

Hope this helps but I will see if i can find something else that might help as well

secretwhite

Jun 26, 2011
They have one problem with Kies. It asks some kind of password but they cant find that password. This is their last solution unless someone tell different solution.

toxicdust

Jul 17, 2009
Centurion
They have one problem with Kies. It asks some kind of password but they cant find that password. This is their last solution unless someone tell different solution.

Ye i dont know the password either. It should provide it on the phone itself from what i could understand when it goes into recovery mode.

If its not displayed on the phone you wont have a code to put in there :(

adfree

Jun 14, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Samsung Galaxy S22
I have no idea for S8530... but for chinese S8500 few Bootloader combinations were different. Some structure differences.

If you or your friends all from China... maybe chinese Firmware not allow this bada 2.0 Firmware... :eek:

Best Regards

larioteo

May 19, 2011
vea.dyndns.biz
@kadavil i have yesterday synced my contacts, kies is no showing firmware version but it worked for me on 2.0. It is like hidden, the version dont shows up, have you installed the new drivers in the folder before?

secretwhite

Jun 26, 2011
I2m from Turkey so my friends. We couldn't repair their phone and they will send their phone to service tomorrow. Thanks for your solution but complete kernel change ruin our repaie attempt.

adfree

Jun 14, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Samsung Galaxy S22
@ secretwhite

Sorry, my fault. i'm sometimes blind and very tired...

Anyway. Their are some Operator/Branding related differences ... example chinese FW from S8500:
ZN...
ZC...

Or for instance adress changes S8500/S8530...

From S8530 seems more Bootloader Versions...

Maybe you should post your prior FW Version, before dead.
So maybe other users from turkey prevent "damage" their Wave II...

Best Regards

dewage

Apr 5, 2011
colombo
I also got same problem, my SW ver. is middle east but i tried to flash an Europe vers. of bada 2.0. it was stacked at flash starting point and i can still able to put to download mode, can i re flash it back to bada 1.2 or should try again 2.0 or any other method pls, help.

WTH !!!!!
How did they brick them???
Is the flashing was killed in the bootloader step or any other step
if in the bootloader then it is full brick and the will need a fix with JTAG
If in any other step just reflash the files again

Best Regards

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ... i have brick my phone ... solved with this procedure: remove the battery ... press and hold the power button for 5 seconds ... plug the USB cable or battery charger ... insert the battery ... you have indication of charge? ... ok you have resuscitated your device ... by psycoy
    If you can switch Download Mode, you can still rescue your phone. Just reflash your firmware. If you can switch to Download Mode, you can always rescue your phone.