• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Bada 2.0 Unveiled

Search This thread

lasentenza

Aug 3, 2010
I confirm, all informations given by larioteo are visible on SDK simulator.
Great things are coming guys!! :D

Last edited:

MiAmRA

Feb 2, 2011
livewallpapers i dont know, different homescreen modes yes. A voice dial icon is on the dial keypad, but deactivated i cannot press it.

Samsung will introduce 'Smart homescreens' which give you the possibilities to have more options to customize your home screens for example with shortcuts but also with animated wallpapers (not sure if those are interactive like on droid)
About voice dial, not 100% sure but the chance is pretty big.

larioteo

May 19, 2011
vea.dyndns.biz
If bada 2.0 will get all this features than an android port of 2.2 doesn't make any sense in my eyes. Happy that samsung has heared to us (sometimes)

Yes voice command will be available through motions (double tab the phone) it is described in the emu.

The thing you have posted is called Live Panel (normal homescreen yet know is Idle Screen) you can choose one of the two, in emu it doesn't effekt yet anything.

Jun 8, 2011
Does anyone know will it be new navigation included in bada 2.0 update instead of Route 66, and also I saw on google many people asking about SKYPE??

larioteo

May 19, 2011
vea.dyndns.biz
yes and the double tapping for voice commands ;)

No navigations arent includet in the emulator, sorry, but the default card offerer for devs are still decarta if this helps you, but google maps is also available.

larioteo

May 19, 2011
vea.dyndns.biz
i am testing the waveHVGA emu and it is running better (maybe they concentrating making bada on low end devices settable and then the power devices will explose.

The animations (new one) are realy cool when you opening an app and so on, flash controls gets multitouch and a lot of things, so games based on flash should be realy cool on bada 2.0. The Flash control seems to be fully integrated and working like hell.

Also the menu icons are all colorfull, i dont know maybe i have catched the WVGA emu, but this one is running very good (better than 1.2) and this in an emulator.

Reactions: vivekforbes

larioteo

May 19, 2011
vea.dyndns.biz
I have managed it to get the new Dolfin shown.

DolfinX

- New UI like Android Dolphin (Address bar is always on sites Top)
- Text wrapping (?=Text reflow)
- 3D Switching Tab Effects
- Startage of about::blank with the most visited sites
- Automatic URL correction
- Pass through to google search

Very nice!

Attachments

• DolfinX.1.jpg
    DolfinX.1.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 1,038
  • DolfinX.2.jpg
    DolfinX.2.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 962
  • DolfinX.3.jpg
    DolfinX.3.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 842
  • DolfinX.4.jpg
    DolfinX.4.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 800
  • DolfinX.5.jpg
    DolfinX.5.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 756
  • DolfinX.6.jpg
    DolfinX.6.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 740
Last edited:
Jun 8, 2011
Flash lite 4 support...what does maximizing compatibility with Flash 10 mean , will it be possible watch streaming content trough wifi connection??

Last edited:

Anaarchy13

Jun 8, 2011
awesomeeee!!! yo should share the 2.0 =P, also hello to everyone im new in this forum and great work porting android to bada!!

vivekforbes

Dec 27, 2010

DolfinX

Very nice!

This is the one thing i really need in bada is good browser..can you confirm whether opera native app available in bada 2.0?

Thanks for sharing..waiting for leaked rom..

larioteo

May 19, 2011
vea.dyndns.biz
Developers can also be happy, easy to make a fantastic gui, everything providet in there:

- Layouts (alignment of elements settable, fix elements after rotation)
- Every Element supports more settings for the GUI, like colors transparency and so on.
- The animation while starting or closing an app is fantastic.
- I dont even know what to write, my hands are glowing, it is realy very much new things, that seems never seen bevore.

And the one and only:
- AdControl (Add your ads to your app simply in a control) there is a site linked where you can choose your advertisement. I must say very very cool, Thank you samsung.

The guys has nearly everything changed, the GUI looks more professional and offers everything for an easy developement.

It also looks more to be in direction iOS with a little bit more functions, you can make everything that we wished before, the footer and header providing nearly everything.

Man i like this damn sdk, it is a little bit disappointing to develop on the older version. I will also prepare voluntas2 for bada 2 with the new functions, Maybe i will be the first with a real bada 2.0 app :D

Jun 8, 2011
Flash lite 4 support...what does maximizing compatibility with Flash 10 mean , will it be possible watch streaming content trough wifi connection??

ace_leo

Feb 12, 2010
@larioteo hey man thanks for all that info, if could tell us how did you get hold of sdk, will be very grateful.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    so i got today the sdk2b1 and i must say it is like on the pictures of this guy they are surely not manipulated, if someone (who i knows) wants more infos, he can ask me. I have showed the new gui only one guy, and we don't want to post them on public, hat what you have seen is enough from know.

New Cool Features (seen in emulator):
    - AutoRotation will be also in the Status-Bar(4 icons) --> Also in cool green style
    - The Settings Slider like on iOS seen in a nice silver
    - Gallery with nice animations
    - New UI looks more finished, everything seems to be perfekt placed
    - Flash on Voluntas 2 is working
    - Main colors of the gui are blue and green
    - Tilt Sensor Zoom in like we saw it on the galaxy s2
    - Shake Unlock (like we i think never seen before)
    - Every List Control is replaced with cool looking newer controls with more animations
    - SDK is very fast at starting
    - The new emulator is amazing instead of the old simulator
    - Apps needs only to be compiled for arm architectures for testing
    - The emulator uses the same exe as on target device (much better debugging)

My old apps already starts on bada 2.0 the compability mode seems to be perfect to older apps.

The emulator have not near a 1/100 of all features that will be integrated, i have only seen things that are important for develoers to set, also themes (2 in emu) was available which shows the new bada gui, we all have saw them the guy have already posted them.

Thank you.
    Ok now samfirmware has said when they are allowed to release the bada 2.0 beta firmwares for public, yes you read right, when they are allowed.

It stays on twitter, two weeks will it be, but i can only say one thing, ...

will be later refilled when i do my job.

SWV: S8530XPKF5
    CSCV: S8530OXAKF5
    Thanx for reply. I needed firmware only to see RAM management.. But if you can tell me following details i will have no need of that firmware.
    1. Total RAM available after boot for apps(all, java & native)
    2. RAM allocated per native app or max heap size(i read somewhere as 73mb but not confirmed)
    3. Part of RAM used for bada os..

Thanx in advance!

1. ~104MB All (java & native i don't know)
    2. One App can maximum allocate 73 MB, Network based Widgets eating the rest
    3. Bada uses the rest, the guy on samsungwaveforum said (samsung worker) that the architecture of bada is currently like this:

The Amount of RAM 512 or 364 (he said 512, others that has readed it with jtag 364).

On this point i will call the OS SHP not more bada (according to arun.sd samsung bada evangelist) bada is only the Framework (API) that is running over the kernal.

So SHP uses the half of the amount for itself and bada(the Framework) than you must add, all apps that running out of ROM(all witout splashscreens) at least there are 100MB left.

------------------------------------

As i think also the wave has 512MB, cause:

The badaSDK simulator has on his "filesystem" a big IMG that is 384MB huge, this is the bada image, and 512 -384 = 128, the internal apps are not in the simulator that is why i think the missing 24MB not used, in the simulator you have more ram and the crashes cause of memory usage occures later.

I am only thinking about it, that such a huge image which contains all the API stuff must be loadet somewhere, when a app is calling a api function it must be loadet in RAM.

But many don't believe that the Wave could have more than 128 or even 256, i say that the PS 2 had also 256MB and it runs like hell, but it doesn't supported any other features like calling, and so on.

The best thing on this point, the galaxy s had the same thing with android 2.1 wich had the same layour half/half, with the update on 2.2 the RAM was stuck to 364 free without changing the hardware.

Everybody can think at his own what could be, i saw that a normal app which uses little icons(badaSI) eats 8MB RAM and it only show values from the internal API. You can i think now imagine that 256MB for bada not even would be enough to play such stuff like Half-HD videos or record and store them on time, it is a fact that this wouldn't be possible.

Near by the and, bada itself do many things with flash, flash needs a huge amount of ram, the menu is flash based, the homescreen is flash based, the lockscreen is flash based, the calling frame is flash based and and and, adfree does some interesting findings in the last months, thank you man.

But i think i should better end here now, before the discussion gets heated.

DolfinX

Very nice!
    I don't get it, the bada development kit offers so many options and no body should be interested? You can code now apps in JavaScript Web based, no need for c++ or in ActionScript,

Can Android SDK do this? Or iOS SDK? I have tried the Android SDK there are examples that even dont work this is terrible only Phone7 has a perfect SDK, badas SDK offers now so many things.

I am sure that some Web Developers and Flash Developers will find the way to bada, cause it is very easy and no much time is needet to port a flash game to bada, why not?

Sure Android and iOS are bigger now, but the things will change a SDK that offers for everyone an interface to code apps for the System is the feature and not one that only offers one thing for itself.

I have waited for such a SDK and bada is the first one with examples for beginners that also works only copy and paste, this is like a dream instead of others, but what i am talking about, here are not enough developers that can do more than java.

Also the WAC extensions are amazing.

The bada kernel is open when we decompress the apps bin why nobody hacks this? instead a not good working android? Why not showing apple and google that they arent the best, we could do so many things, if there out would be enough developers that can handle more than java or objective c