• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[badmania98] Huawei P40 (Lite, Pro, Plus) Guides, News, Discussion & Support

Search This thread

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
Huawei P40 Pro
Hi! So I'm new here and followed the instructions via
.. Everything worked out fine until I started updating EMUI above 11.
I'm feeling all the files, what were made for lower version wont work at newer update like was guessed at the end of the video. I'm guessing its already been solved, but I cant find answers from anywhere - could you nudge me kindly into right direction? :)
I went to 10... like in the video, got google to work and then back to 11. Play Protect error now...
Thanks in advance!
You can find all info and links on the first page.

spider550

Nov 16, 2011
It is up to the firmware version that is installed on your phone.
If a downgrade is necessary you have all you need here:

Provide more details about your phone to receive specific guidance.
build 10.1.0.109 (c432e7)

laivituvaheoo

Nov 16, 2021
You can find all info and links on the first page.
Thanks. I managed to get everything working, but notifications arent working. I see there are couple of solutions, but I'm not sure are they relevant to me (its shown, there is still problem with google protect, but I dont have atm). Which one would you recommend to do? - All working 100%, Store, apps, etc, except no notifications are coming through tho...

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
Huawei P40 Pro
Thanks. I managed to get everything working, but notifications arent working. I see there are couple of solutions, but I'm not sure are they relevant to me (its shown, there is still problem with google protect, but I dont have atm). Which one would you recommend to do? - All working 100%, Store, apps, etc, except no notifications are coming through tho...
I wrote what I use: The last one, with my settings.

[.::MDT::.]

May 20, 2012
Huawei P40
Hi,
today my phone crashed and I found it stuck, trying to boot, on the "huawei" logo.

I long-pressed the power button and rebooted it, entered the pin for the SIM, then it asked me as usual for the device pin (6 digits).
My code - I am 100% sure of it, never changed it! - did not work, I got the "wrong pin inserted" message.

Reading on the internet, this could be caused by some (automatic?) update that changed or broke my pin.

Any idea how to solve that, apart from trying factory reset? :(
Has this happened to anyone? Could it be related to the installation of google apps?

Thanks a lot.

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
Huawei P40 Pro
Hi,
today my phone crashed and I found it stuck, trying to boot, on the "huawei" logo.

I long-pressed the power button and rebooted it, entered the pin for the SIM, then it asked me as usual for the device pin (6 digits).
My code - I am 100% sure of it, never changed it! - did not work, I got the "wrong pin inserted" message.

Reading on the internet, this could be caused by some (automatic?) update that changed or broke my pin.

Any idea how to solve that, apart from trying factory reset? :(
Has this happened to anyone? Could it be related to the installation of google apps?

Thanks a lot.
I never heard about this before. I dont think is related to GMS.

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
Huawei P40 Pro
Thank you very much for your reply.

I factory reset my Huawei P40 Lite.
It appears it (automagically? :( ) updated to the latest EMUI version, now running
10.1.0.364 (C432E1R2P1)

Do you think this could be the cause?
Can I try Googlifier now or do I have to downgrade?

Tx a lot.
I deleted all I wrote. Now I can see you have Lite.
Post here a screenshot of About Phone.

May 20, 2012
Huawei P40
You have to downgrade to 10.0.1.136.
This is what I did, but it worked only for a few weeks until now (until it automatically updated to10.1.0.364 apparently)...

Do you think I can downgrade again, do the Googlifer, then update to 10.1.0.364?
Or is there any other method working on 10.1.0.364?

I am scared the device will try to update again from 10.0.1.136 to 10.1.0.364 and break the pin again.
(Please note: my mum is using the device and she is not tech-savvy, maybe she did the OS update and I don't want this to happen again...)

Tx a lot.

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
Huawei P40 Pro
This is what I did, but it worked only for a few weeks until now (until it automatically updated to10.1.0.364 apparently)...

Do you think I can downgrade again, do the Googlier, then update to 10.1.0.364?
Or is there any other method working on 10.1.0.364?

I am scared the device will try to update again from 10.0.1.136 to 10.1.0.364 and break the pin again.
(Please note: my mum is using the device and she is not tech-savvy, maybe she did the OS update and I don't want this to happen again...)

Tx a lot.
1. Downgrade (dont set a PIN)
2.Install GMS
3.Upgrade OTA
4. Install Push notification fix (PM me)
5. Set the PIN if it is needed.
6.Block EMUI Updates ( let me know if you want this)

or

2.Install GMS
3.Block EMUI Updates ( let me know if you want this)
4. Set the PIN if it is needed.

Last edited:

May 20, 2012
Huawei P40
2.Install GMS
3.Upgrade OTA
4. Install Push notification fix (PM me)
5. Set the PIN if it is needed.
6.Block EMUI Updates ( let me know if you want this)

or

2.Install GMS
3.Block EMUI Updates ( let me know if you want this)
4. Set the PIN if it is needed.

Hi,
I like the second solution.
How can "3.Block EMUI Updates ( let me know if you want this)" be done? Can it be reactived afterwards or is it a final decision?

Tx a lot!

Anders2020

Nov 11, 2014
My device
Device name: HUAWEI P40 lite
Model JNY-LX1

Initially
Build number: 10.1.0.364 (C432E2R5P1) GPU Turbo
EMUI version: 10.1.0
Android Version 10
Security patch level: October 1,2021

I successfully downgraded via sd card to
Build number: 10.0.1.136 (C432E2R2P1) GPU Turbo
EMUI version: 10.0.1
Android Version 10
Security patch level: February 1,2020

I started with installing Googlefier and the install went ok but play store never opened
Apparently the uninstall of microG in the Googlefier steps kept deleting my google account.
I then tried RDTVGMS method which does not uninstall microG but still playstore crashes on start
In addition in sync settings I dont see the slider to enable contacts sync even though "Auto-sync data" is checked.
I tried contact sync 4.4.4-1227136 without success
Ross files dont seem to help as well

At present Playstore just show blank white screen for a few seconds before crashing out without any error messages.
I have enabled all permission for all gms app withouts any changes

Any help will be most appreciated.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone,

I want to share my experience here.

I posted earlier a problem on xda "Can't downgrade P40 Pro ELS-N29 C432 from 11.0.0.260 to 10.1.0.131"

I tired many solution for several days and nothing worked!
    Then I contacted badmania98 and he gave me the right and only solution to downgrade my P40 Pro from 11.0.0.260 to EMUI 10.
    He provided me with the corresponding links and gave me a step by step procedure, shown in pictures that are highlighted by numbers..
    " 1. Press this 2. insert that 3. etc... " and then he doubled check my work before I proceeded in Hisuite Proxy to make sure that the filled info about base, Cust, Preload and the software are 100% accurate.
    I was able to downgrade my P40 Pro to EMUI 10 😁

Now here's the best part: He gave a private service and installed GSM on my phone using TeamViewer. He used his own files to install GSM on my phone... This service allowed me to have Google Push notifications working on my phone without disabling the Google Play Store 😁
    Google service is working, maps, push notifications, everything related to Google is working now as if this phone originally had Google Pre-Installed in it 😁

It was a great service!

Thank you so much
    Hello. Google services were installed, but I lost the USB interface and the 40W connection and charging, and I didn't see the OTG cable. Resetting to factory settings did not help. I tried to use the instructions of this topic (https://forum .xda-developers.com/t/guide-how-to-solve-wrong-downgrade-fix-usb-connection-to-computer-p40pro-firmware-on-p40-pro-n39-on-n29.4333225 / ) the result is partial. Bottom line: The PC does not see the P40 pro; 40 watts is missing; OTG works.
    I will consider that it is P40 Pro C432 region.

You downgrade from EMUI11: From which version of EMUI11?

a. lower than 11.0.0.193 = that means phone has Fast Charge and transfer data between it and computer available => it is better to keep it on 10.1.0.131 but you can upgrade till maximum EMUI11.0.0.186 to avoid situation described at b.).

b. 11.0.0.193 or higher=that means it has no Fast Charge and transfer data between it and computer is not available => you have to upgrade till EMUI11.0.0.202 to gain back those 2 functions. Upgrade will be made from the phone menu (OTA) or from eRecovery (online). Do not upgrade to a higher version than EMUI11.0.0.230.

In both cases it is better to disable EMUi upgrades.

In all cases the functionality of GMS will be 50-50.
    a. Could be errors => no downgrade to reinstall is needed. You will fix them on that firmware version (if you can).
    b. Could not be errors.
    Christmas gift: How to downgrade from the last version of EMUI11
    (ex: P40 Pro C432 EMUI11.0.0.260)

If you are on the last version of EMUI11 and cannot downgrade to EMUI10 with HiSuite Proxy you have to follow this very easy tutorial:

A. If you have dload firmware version for your phone type and region

1. Find and download the previous EMUI11 firmware (DLOAD format) that provides:
    a. transfer data through USB cable to computer
    b. HiSuite Proxy Downgrade.

It doesn't matter the R version on this step. The firmware must be for your phone type and region!!!

2. Downgrade to that firmware using DLOAD method (eRecovery or ProjectMenu).

3. Downgrade to EMUI10 using HiSuite-Proxy to the firmware that allows GMS install.

B. If you do not have dload firmware version for your phone type and region

( That worked for a Mate 30 Pro C636 using C432 firmware at point 1. It is not my responsibility if it is not working on your phone)

For some region you can not find DLOAD firmware version to download. In this case I used another region DLOAD firmware but for same device.

1. Find and download the EMUI11 firmware (DLOAD format) that provides:
    a. transfer data through USB cable to computer
    b. HiSuite Proxy Downgrade.

It doesn't matter the R version on this step. The firmware will be for your phone type and other region ( I suggest C432)!!!

2. Downgrade to that firmware using DLOAD method (eRecovery or ProjectMenu). Your region will be changed to the new one. ( EMUI11 C636 to EMUI11 C432)

3. Downgrade to EMUI10 using HiSuite-Proxy to the firmware for
    previous/original region that allows GMS install. After downgrade a reset to factory setting could be requested or "low-level format" message could appear. They must be done. (EMUI11 C432 to EMUI10 C636)

Notes:
    1. For P40 Pro C432, at step no. A1 use this firmware: here and for step no.A3 downgrade to 10.1.0.121.
    2. DLOAD method is described: here.
    3. Downgrade method A have been tried successfully on MATE 30 Pro C432 and P40 Pro C432 .
    4. Downgrade method B have been tried successfully on MATE 30 Pro C636.
    5. After downgrade to EMUI10 and GMS install, you have to upgrade several times till you get the first EMUI11 that provides you data transfer from computer to phone using USB cable, and after upgrade disable EMUI upgrade ( disable EMUI upgrade tutorial: here). On P40 Pro C432 will be first available firmware of 200 series.
    I have to say thanks to @bt10 He was the first that tried my tutorial.
    I forgot to thank you enormously for the help you offer to the community, in my case when I downgrade with what you give me what and the best solution to install the gms service at the moment? thank you.
    You are welcome. A like to the message is welcome too.
    The best solution for GMS? Any solution (googlefier, ross, etc) + 1c from here.
    Hello!

Because I answered to the same questions on different threads, I decided to create this thread, where I will provide my experience to you, in one place.

The followings messages (2-7) contain all major info and tutorial links from this thread.

All solutions/tutorials are related to the EMUI version that is installed on your phone. Before you start using this phone and upgrade the firmware, I suggest you to read this message and after that you can continue reading the thread.

I am waiting for your questions. I hope that I can help. I will not answer again if I already answered and you haven't read first 7 messages of this thread. I don't like people who are more lazy than I am. :devilish:

My Phone: P40 Pro C432 EMUI10.1.0 ( 10.1.0.121) , push notification fix installed.

Best regards,
    Daniel

LE: My support on XDA is free of charge. I will provide/mention free solutions. If you find something interesting on my messages you can provide a Like.
    On PM/Telegram I could provide different solutions that could be not free of charge.
    Downgrade

0. 20211221: Do not upgrade to the last version of EMUI. For P40 Pro C432 is ELS-LGRP4-OVS 11.0.0.260. You will not have the possibility to downgrade anymore to EMUI10, even with HiSuite Proxy.
    L.E. My solution to this issue: here

1. How to solve wrong downgrade+fix USB connection to computer (P40Pro+ firmware on P40 Pro / N39 on N29)
    Here is my guide: - here.

2. EMUI downgrade procedure chart - here.

3. EMUI downgrade tutorial - one step : here The procedure is the same for all Huawei phones and regions. You have to use the specific files for every region and phone type. Ask on thread if you dont know what files you need.

4. Firmware Downgrade with HiSuite proxy and Offline Packages: here

5. HOW TO flash dload FW guide: here

Note: 2022.01.01 Where is mentioned https://www.firmfinder.ml/ use https://professorjtj.github.io/
    Hello everyone,

I want to share my experience here.

I posted earlier a problem on xda "Can't downgrade P40 Pro ELS-N29 C432 from 11.0.0.260 to 10.1.0.131"

I tired many solution for several days and nothing worked!
    Then I contacted badmania98 and he gave me the right and only solution to downgrade my P40 Pro from 11.0.0.260 to EMUI 10.
    He provided me with the corresponding links and gave me a step by step procedure, shown in pictures that are highlighted by numbers..
    " 1. Press this 2. insert that 3. etc... " and then he doubled check my work before I proceeded in Hisuite Proxy to make sure that the filled info about base, Cust, Preload and the software are 100% accurate.
    I was able to downgrade my P40 Pro to EMUI 10 😁

Now here's the best part: He gave a private service and installed GSM on my phone using TeamViewer. He used his own files to install GSM on my phone... This service allowed me to have Google Push notifications working on my phone without disabling the Google Play Store 😁
    Google service is working, maps, push notifications, everything related to Google is working now as if this phone originally had Google Pre-Installed in it 😁

It was a great service!

Thank you so much
    I have to mention that on the @MiszczOszczy44 I have installed the most advanced push notification fix (paid version). This procedure will fix push notifications and other/many incompatibilities.
    First try clear cache of Google Play Store + Force stop. Then start Store again. Do not clear data.
    This method worked for me after I started getting the error today.