• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[badmania98] Huawei P40 (Lite, Pro, Plus) Guides, News, Discussion & Support

Search This thread

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
Huawei P40 Pro
try to use Blue Mail or Outlook, or Huawei email. I know you want GMail. At least you have an alternative. What version of Google Play services is installed now? Post a screenshot.

JazzyStahh

Mar 6, 2010
try to use Blue Mail or Outlook, or Huawei email. I know you want GMail. At least you have an alternative. What version of Google Play services is installed now? Post a screenshot.
Gotcha. See that's not the bit I'm too worried about. I use Microsoft authenticator for work and if notifications don't work, I can't use it.

Do you know of any way to get notifications working? Any alternative solution would be helpful. At this point I'm even willing to completely downgrade again and restart the process, so long notifications work :( it's so difficult without that

JazzyStahh

Mar 6, 2010
Absolute legend!!! Used the paid method and it only took 30 minutes for him to resolve all my issues. Well worth it, I'd suggest everyone do it. Very very helpful. Offers full support.

Reactions: badmania98

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
Huawei P40 Pro
Notifications are received:

photo_2021-10-16_12-38-46.jpgphoto_2021-10-16_13-53-06.jpgphoto_2021-10-16_13-56-22.jpg

Last edited:

Aalesund

Jul 22, 2014
On my P40 Lite I got an error message "This Device Isn't Play Protect Certified". I've fixed it using "Fix GSM Play Protect Certified.7z" by ictfix.net.
Here is the fix if someone needs: http://www.mediafire.com/file/c04ajfq6j0mvwmy/Fix_GSM_Play_Protect_Certified.7z/file
I did only the last step:
1. Go to settings -> Google Play Services -> Clear Data
2. Uninstall Google Play Services
3. Install "3-GSM Play Protect certified Fix.apk"
That's it. Then I've closed Google Play Store and opened again and it works.

tomi_ya

Oct 19, 2021
@badmania98 can you please help me with android auto on my p40 pro and gmail notification ? what i mus install ?

I tried AA install on my p40 pro but after settings came error with play protection certificate and dont work.

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
Huawei P40 Pro
@badmania98 can you please help me with android auto on my p40 pro and gmail notification ? what i mus install ?

I tried AA install on my p40 pro but after settings came error with play protection certificate and dont work.
You can try to fix google errors with Google. play Services 21.15.13. Then try AA and Gmail.

As I wrote l already, I use other method. See my last posts.

adamg2021

Oct 19, 2021
Huawei P40 Pro
Hi there @badmania98,

Signed up to XDA as having similar issues to most P40 Pro users. Would it be possible to share the notification fix please? I've messaged the Youtube Video owner (v3) but he hasn't replied yet and I need Authenticator for work purposes. Understand there's a cost.

Thanks so much for all your hard work and effort sharing knowledge here!!

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
Huawei P40 Pro
Hi there @badmania98,

Signed up to XDA as having similar issues to most P40 Pro users. Would it be possible to share the notification fix please? I've messaged the Youtube Video owner (v3) but he hasn't replied yet and I need Authenticator for work purposes. Understand there's a cost.

Thanks so much for all your hard work and effort sharing knowledge here!!
Solved. I hope it is OK.

brioblu84

Jan 16, 2013
HI, i used the paid method and him help me to resolve all my issues, first to downgrade and upgrade to have usb working and after to install paid method to have notification work. Well worth it, I'd suggest everyone do it.

Really thanks to @badmania98

luisvalino

Feb 11, 2011
Ok @badmania98
Thank you for posting this thread.
At the present day I received Play Portect Errors once a week or later.
I checked last Eloy Gomez tutorial.
But currently I'm using the method of delete cache & data of GSF and rebooting phone.
Wait for a few minutes and always runs good.
Currently I have got Play Services v21.39.15
And my Mate 30 Pro 5G is running with the lastest Harmony OS.

luisvalino

Feb 11, 2011
Ok @badmania98
Thank you for posting this thread.
At the present day I received Play Portect Errors once a week or later.
I checked last Eloy Gomez tutorial.
But currently I'm using the method of delete cache & data of GSF and rebooting phone.
Wait for a few minutes and always runs good.
Currently I have got Play Services v21.39.15
And my Mate 30 Pro 5G is running with the lastest Harmony OS.
@badmania98 -> Is what I am doing right?

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
Huawei P40 Pro
Your procedure is temporary. Is out of discussion this procedure from my point of view. I tried it long time ago and it didn't convince me at all. At 2a.m. I had Play Protect errors . No,thanks.

Hi i got my device work with Ilham meta but I have problem with some apps like whatsapp it has delayed messages. (I don't receive any messages till i open it tried everything related to battery settings ) if you don't mind how i fix it

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All recommendations for badmania... Now my notifications works as they should :D
    Only good words to say about @badmania98 .
    My P40 pro is working as never did before, responsive, all the apps that I use working with no problem, notifications in real time, location, rebooting without turning airplane mode on/off, etc.
    He prontly give is availability to help installing the Ilham solution and in one hour everything was done.
    And he is always available to help with any question, great support.
    I can surely recommend is service!
    Small price to donate for something that actually works and no more time waisted on foruns where everybody helps, but no definitive solution like this.
    Hi @badmania98
    My Mate 30 Pro runs with a Chinese firmware.
    Does Ilham method work at the present day to avoid Play Protect Errors and get push notifications ??
    Yes
    After do the Ilham method, can I update Google Play Services ??
    I think you can update to the last version. On Ilham phone (C301) it works. But at least you can upgrade to the 21.24.56. The procedure: hard to say. You can ask Ilham if you work with him. He has also few tutorials on YT.
    i want to say big thanks to @badmania98 for helping me get google services on my p40 pro. i was very confused by the process and all the different guides out there and they made this painful process quite easy for me, thanks.
    Hello!

Because I answered to the same questions on different threads, I intend to create this thread where I will provide my experience to you, in one place. The followings messages (2-7) will be completed according to your request.
    I am waiting for your questions. I hope that I can help.

My Phone: P40 Pro C432 EMUI10.1.0 ( 10.1.0.121) , push notification fix installed.

Best regards,
    Daniel
    Downgrade

1. How to solve wrong downgrade+fix USB connection to computer (P40Pro+ firmware on P40 Pro / N39 on N29)
    Here is my guide: - Link

2. EMUI downgrade procedure chart - Link

3. EMUI downgrade tutorial - one step : here The procedure is the same for all Huawei phones and regions. You have to use the specific files for every region and phone type. Ask on thread if you dont know what files you need.
    I have to mention that on the @MiszczOszczy44 I have installed the most advanced push notification fix (paid version). This procedure will fix push notifications and other/many incompatibilities.
    First try clear cache of Google Play Store + Force stop. Then start Store again. Do not clear data.
    This method worked for me after I started getting the error today.
    Okay, thanks to @badmania98 he helped me with his fixes on TeamViewer. Really recommend this user :)