[badmania98] Huawei P40 (Lite, Pro, Plus) Guides, News, Discussion & Support

Search This thread

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
Huawei P40 Pro
MicroG GmsCore v0.2.23.214816 has been released on 2022-01-25.

This is a MAJOR release with significantly improved features and a number of important bug fixes, including specific fixes for Android 12. Also, it brings back the ability to pass Safetynet under the same conditions that would allow this with Gapps instead. Changelog / Release Notes: Exposure Notifications: Add support for validating signatures on key files (only for DE and CH for now). Thanks @cgrigis Add support for more detailed API and use Advertisement version 1.1. Thanks @Elsensee Improve permission checks, especially for Android 12. Thanks @bubu, @fynngodau Cloud Messaging: Improve reconnecting logic. Thanks @grote SafetyNet / DroidGuard: Implement DroidGuard without additional helper. Allow using external DroidGuard via network Easy check for SafetyNet functionality in settings Device profiles: Allow to spoof device identity Import device details from profile file Location: Update UnifiedNlp to v2.0-alpha7 Improved reliability of service Improvements and bug fixes (as always) New features SafetyNet / DroidGuard The updated SafetyNet implementation runs proprietary DroidGuard code privileged in the com.google.android.gms package name. This is required on at least some devices to pass SafetyNet. However this features is disabled by default. If you don't want to run proprietary code by Google on your device do not enabled SafetyNet. As of now, microG SafetyNet implementation, once enabled, should work on all devices and ROMs that would pass SafetyNet attestation with original Google Play Services. This means that ROMs that are rooted (= come with a su binary that allow privilege escalation), with unlocked bootloader, or for some other reason do not pass the CTS or trigger the SafetyNet system will fail SafetyNet attestation. Hiding or spoofing such details from DroidGuard/SafetyNet is out of scope for this project, but techniques to allow passing SafetyNet on custom ROMs should equally work with microG.

Device profiles This features is mostly useful for Huawei devices or other devices that are banned from accessing Google services. Choosing a profile of a non-banned device should allow using the device with Google services. For now, two device profiles are included with microG (Nexus 5X with Android 8.1.0 and Moto G with LineageOS 14.1). If you are a developer, you can easily create a device profiles based on data gathered from a device. See this file for a sample device profile. Once created, you can import device profiles in microG settings (under "Device registration") to test the profile. If you are a custom ROM developer, you can add a custom device profile for your ROM by placing an appropriate device profile in /system/etc/microg_device_profile.xml. This can be useful to spoof the details of the original vendor ROM.

========== END RELEASE NOTES ==========
Closed repository issues likely fixed with this release: #1567, #1606, #1644, and others. Downloads are available via F-Droid microG repo and Github. Native F-Droid packages will arrive a bit later. 3rd-party installer bundles will be updated as per each developer's workflow. (MinMicroG has released a new STABLE build based on this microG version. See the announcement for it here: https://t.me/microG/54913 Github release page for this update: https://github.com/microg/GmsCore/releases/tag/v0.2.23.214816 Here's our summary of the previous update released on 2021-08-23: https://t.me/microG/39598
Great. How can we use this in our phones?

kwstpap_93

Jan 26, 2022
it says

"This features is mostly useful for Huawei devices or other devices that are banned from accessing Google services. Choosing a profile of a non-banned device should allow using the device with Google services. "

Racer_

Jun 18, 2010
Hello, I misclicked and upgraded GPS to 21.48.15 (100400-414534850). Is it possible to downgrade it because now I have the message "This device isn`t Play Protect certfied" when try to open Play Store. Also similar error when I try to open Chrome.

almircuric

Feb 18, 2009
Novi Pazar
A short history of EMUI firmware versions on P40 Pro C432
( on other phones type or region could be different versions but some how similar)
10.1.0.121 = I suggest to use this version to install GMS. It is more compatible to upgrade to the next versions of EMUI . I never updated EMUi to a higher version than 11.0.0.186. In this case, my phone has a working Fast Charge and transfer data through USB cable from/to computer.
This is the version that I use on my P40 Pro and I disabled EMUi/software upgrade.

10.1.0.131= The last version that can be used to install GMS.

10.1.0.176 = This is the minimum version that you can reach when downgrade from a EMUI11 no higher than 11.0.0.186, using original HiSuite, if you never upgraded to a higher version than EMUI11.0.0.186. Downgrade from this version to a lower version (10.1.0121 or 131) will be done using ”pen-drive+USBC OTG” or ”NM card”.

11.0.0.186 = The last EMUI11 version that allows downgrade to a lower version (no lower than 10.1.0.176) using original HiSuite, if you never upgraded to a higher version than EMUI11.0.0.186. If you upgrade to higher EMUi version than 11.0.0.186, next time when you downgrade it, the phone will loose Fast Charge and transfer data through USB cable from/to computer. To fix this issues you have to upgrade back till the newest version of EMUI11. I suggest you to not upgrade to a newer version than 11.0.0186 and to disable software updates (EMUI), if you never upgraded to a higher version than EMUI11.0.0.186.

11.0.0.193 = It can NOT be downgraded to a lower version with original HiSuite. You can use HiSuite proxy or other method to downgrade to a lower version. After downgrade the phone will loose Fast Charge and transfer data through USB cable from/to computer. To fix this issues you have to upgrade back till the newest version of EMUI11, using OTA (frrom phone menu) or eRecovery (wifi). I sugest you to upgrade to 11.0.0.202 (no higher than 11.0.0.230) and disable software upgrade (EMUI).

11.0.0.202 = First EMUI11 that gets back Fast Charge and the transfer data through USB cable from/to computer after downgrade to EMUI10.1 and upgrade (several times) through OTA or eRecovery.

11.0.0.230 = Last firmware version that can be used to downgrade with HiSuite Proxy. It can NOT be downgraded to a lower version with original HiSuite. You can use HiSuite proxy or other method to downgrade to a lower version. After downgrade to EMUI10.1 the phone will loose Fast Charge and the transfer data through USB cable from/to computer. To fix this issues you have to upgrade back till the newest version of EMUI11, using OTA (frrom phone menu) or eRecovery (wifi). I sugest you to upgrade to 11.0.0.202 (no higher than 11.0.0.230) and disable software upgrade (EMUI).

11.0.0.260 = First firmware that will not allow downgrade to the previous firmwares with HiSuite Proxy. You have to dowgrade first to EMUI11.0.0.230 (or other, no lower than 11.0.0.202) that have USB connection to computer. This first downgrade will be done using ”pen-drive+USBC OTG” or ”NM card”. After that you can use HiSuite proxy or other method to downgrade to EMUI10.1 in one step. After downgrade to EMUI10.1 the phone will loose Fast Charge and the transfer data through USB cable from/to computer. To fix this issues you have to upgrade back till the newest version of EMUI11, using OTA (frrom phone menu) or eRecovery (wifi). I sugest you to upgrade to 11.0.0.202 (no higher than 11.0.0.230) and disable software upgrade (EMUI).

12.0.0.218 = First stable EMUi12 firmware. It can be downgrade to 11.0.0.260 using the last version of original HiSuite. If you already installed GMS, on previous EMUI version, before upgrade to EMUI12, it will work.

Now you can return on first message of the thread and read next ones.

Very very useful infos i this post. Congratulations ! This is expert's way👌. All precise and clear and certain. Thanks a lot in the name of all Huawei lovers. Bravo

Reactions: badmania98

korppi12ww

Sep 12, 2020
Hello,

i just bought cheap second hand 130€ p40 pro

everything works, but i cannot connect to pc, usb stick etc.

i have done all the basic tricks to get it working. (mtp, debugging etc.)

Just OTA updated to 11.0.0.230

charging works

it has damage backside just where the usb c connects to the mainboard. The back glass has shattered and bent inwards just where the connector is.

So should i have usb back with 11.0.0.230 or the connector inside broken? (havent opened it yet)

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
Huawei P40 Pro
Hello,

i just bought cheap second hand 130€ p40 pro

everything works, but i cannot connect to pc, usb stick etc.

i have done all the basic tricks to get it working. (mtp, debugging etc.)

Just OTA updated to 11.0.0.230

charging works

it has damage backside just where the usb c connects to the mainboard. The back glass has shattered and bent inwards just where the connector is.

So should i have usb back with 11.0.0.230 or the connector inside broken? (havent opened it yet)
Install HiSuite on computer. Run it and follow the guide to connect the phone. On 11.0.0.230 is no issue regarding USB connection.
About USB stick: should be NTFS or FatEx format.

korppi12ww

Sep 12, 2020
Install HiSuite on computer. Run it and follow the guide to connect the phone. On 11.0.0.230 is no issue regarding USB connection.
About USB stick: should be NTFS or FatEx format.
I tried hisuite now, nothing happens. Phone starts only charging when i connect it to pc. I get no option to choose between transfer files or charging only.

Usb stick has been ntfs, exfat, fat32, no connection. Stick works on my girlfriends samsung immediately.

Deveploper setting is mtp

I guess usb problems should be gone by 11.0.0.230

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
Huawei P40 Pro
I tried hisuite now, nothing happens. Phone starts only charging when i connect it to pc. I get no option to choose between transfer files or charging only.

Usb stick has been ntfs, exfat, fat32, no connection. Stick works on my girlfriends samsung immediately.

Deveploper setting is mtp

I guess usb problems should be gone by 11.0.0.230
See here no. 6. Set it on HiSuite Mode.

photo_2022-01-29_13-47-05.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everybody!
    I'm here to thank @badmania98 for helping with installing notifications for GMS services for a Huawei P40 pro.
    I downgraded from EMUI 12 following the steps described on this thred. I also had a weird problem (maybe others had it) - downgrade to EMUI 10 via OTG connection from a 64gb Kingston stick didn't work - the stick was formatted correctly. It was solved by using another older 8gb stick.
    After installing the GMS services, I contacted @badmania98 who was willing to help me the same evening - the process took an hour or so, during which time thousands of steps were taken - I consider the price for the service more than fair.
    Very good communication and the best result!
    Guys, I am not available till May 6. Then I will try to answer to all of you.
    So I need to downgrade first then find an even earlier version using firmware finder? Because currently the app just keeps giving me those messages that firmware was removed from server
    Then you can try hisuite proxy ( tutorial + apps here) but you will choose this files:
    Base.jpgCUST + R2.jpg
    On any EMUi downgrade you will lose all data. Make a backup first.
    I read that. I understand that for dload R version doesnt matter. But i thought for HiSuite R-Version matters. Therefore i am confused. And since we are changing from 10.1.0.xxx to 10.0.1.xxx we need preload and cust right? Maybe i am missing something anyways thanks for your time!
    You are right. In HiSuite proxy you will select the original R.

I got your point.
    You can select this ( the web page was changed in https://professorjtj.github.io/ ):
    JNY-1-LX1-C432.jpg
    Hello!

Because I answered to the same questions on different threads, I decided to create this thread, where I will provide my experience to you, in one place.

The followings messages (2-7) contain all major info and tutorials links from this thread.

All solutions/tutorials are related to the EMUI version that is installed on your phone. Before you start using this phone and upgrade/downgrade the firmware, I suggest you to read this message and after that you can continue reading the thread.

I am waiting for your questions. I hope that I can help. I will not answer again if I already answered and you haven't read first 7 messages of this thread. I don't like people who are more lazy than I am. :devilish:

My Phone: P40 Pro C432 EMUI12, push notification fix installed.

Best regards,
    Daniel

LE: My support on XDA is free of charge. I will provide/mention free solutions. If you find something interesting on my messages you can provide a Like.
    On PM/Telegram I could provide different solutions that could be not free of charge.
    Downgrade

0. 20220315: Downgrade from EMUI12 is working with HiSuite 11.0.0.610.

For P40 Pro C432, to downgrade:

a. from stable EMUI12 12.0.0.218/228 to EMUI11 11.0.0.260 ( P40Pro C432), use the newest original version of HiSuite. At this moment is HiSuite_11.0.0.610_OVE. No proxy has been used.

Captură de ecran 2022-01-30 163716.jpgphoto_2022-01-21_20-02-18.jpgphoto_2022-01-21_20-03-20.jpg

b. from ELS-LGRP4-OVS 11.0.0.260 to EMUI11 11.0.0.230 ( P40Pro C432) you can downgrade using the solution described here.

1. How to solve wrong downgrade+fix USB connection to computer (P40Pro+ firmware on P40 Pro / N39 on N29)
    Here is my guide: - here.

2. EMUI downgrade procedure chart - here.

3. from EMUI version
    <11.0.0.260 to EMUI10.1.121( P40Pro C432) EMUI downgrade tutorial - one step : here The procedure is the same for all Huawei phones and regions. You have to use the specific files for every region and phone type. Ask on thread if you dont know what files you need.

4. Firmware Downgrade with HiSuite proxy and Offline Packages: here (AVOID IT).

5. HOW TO flash DLOAD FW guide: here

6. The transfer files between Computer and phone is available on the downgraded firmware (10.1.x.x) when you use a certain USB-c to USB-c cable. In this case a UGREEN, US355, USB-C To USB-C, 3.1, Gen.2, PD, 5A, 100W, 4K, 10 Gbps cable has been used. In the same time, using the original USB cable or other ordinary USB-c to USB-C cable have not activated the file transfer.
    Harmony TP cable works also, in case your computer/laptop doesn't have USB-C port. You can build/make one (search the procedure on YouTube).

7.In case you get internet connection issue see here.

8. HiSuite Proxy v3.xx Virus Alert : here.

Note: 2022.01.01 Where is mentioned https://www.firmfinder.ml/ use https://professorjtj.github.io/
    Hello everyone,

I want to share my experience here.

I posted earlier a problem on xda "Can't downgrade P40 Pro ELS-N29 C432 from 11.0.0.260 to 10.1.0.131"

I tired many solution for several days and nothing worked!
    Then I contacted badmania98 and he gave me the right and only solution to downgrade my P40 Pro from 11.0.0.260 to EMUI 10.
    He provided me with the corresponding links and gave me a step by step procedure, shown in pictures that are highlighted by numbers..
    " 1. Press this 2. insert that 3. etc... " and then he doubled check my work before I proceeded in Hisuite Proxy to make sure that the filled info about base, Cust, Preload and the software are 100% accurate.
    I was able to downgrade my P40 Pro to EMUI 10 😁

Now here's the best part: He gave a private service and installed GSM on my phone using TeamViewer. He used his own files to install GSM on my phone... This service allowed me to have Google Push notifications working on my phone without disabling the Google Play Store 😁
    Google service is working, maps, push notifications, everything related to Google is working now as if this phone originally had Google Pre-Installed in it 😁

It was a great service!

Thank you so much
    Upgrade

1. Upgrade procedure chart procedures
    : here. Try with/without sim inserted.

2. HOW TO flash dload FW guide: here

3. MyHuawei (former Assistant) app method
    - Searching for EMUI upgrade with MyHuawei (former Assistant) app here.

4. OTA method- Huawei -
    Searching for EMUI upgrade OTA (Over-the-Air) method here.

5. eRecovery wifi method -
    Searching for EMUI upgrade with eRecovery here.
    I have to mention that on the @MiszczOszczy44 I have installed the most advanced push notification fix (paid version). This procedure will fix push notifications and other/many incompatibilities.