[badmania98] Huawei P40 (Lite, Pro, Plus) Guides, News, Discussion & Support

Search This thread

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
Huawei P40 Pro
and don't take it bad from me just 2 days of research and stress and I'm very sorry if was rude or anything
and thank you very much for all your posts and efforts god bless you
Think twice before buy something. If you count on the phone+GMS for the work, it is better to buy another phone with GMS out the box. It is possible to have many problems with GMS installed on P40 Pro: no notifications, play protect errors, apps that can not work, etc.

Reactions: addx972

Brateuu

Apr 14, 2016
Think twice before buy something. If you count on the phone+GMS for the work, it is better to buy another phone with GMS out the box. It is possible to have many problems with GMS installed on P40 Pro: no notifications, play protect errors, apps that can not work, etc.
Here are my steps by which I successfully installed google services with several days of hard work!

1. CHANGE IP ADRRESS TO JAPAN WITH PROTON VPN
  2. DOWNGRADE 12.0.0.218 TO 11.0.0.260 WITH HISUITE 11.0.0.590 (newest HiSuite) WITHOUT PROXY
  3. DOWNLOAD WITH DLOAD TO USB (LINK) AND DOWNGRADE TO 11.0.0.230
  4. FROM VERSION 11.0.0.230 TO 10.1.0.121 WITH HISUIT PROXY AND HiSuite 11.0.0.510.
  5. FOR HISUIT PROXY USE FILES FROM (LINK) FOR YOUR HUAWEI VERSION
  6. FOLLOW TUTORIAL FOR INSTALL GOOGLE SERVICE: (Tutorial HIER)
  7. FIX - "This Device Isn't Play Protect Certified" Error By Google Play Services For Huawei! (Tutorial hier)
  8. UPDATE AGAIN TO NEWEST VERSION (FROM 10.1.0.121 TO 12.0.0.218) WITH OTA

(!!!DON'T DO FACTORY RESET NEVER!!!)

If you want to thank me for your financial support, you can do so HERE.

Reactions: Evil4eveR

Evil4eveR

Feb 22, 2022
HOW TO flash dload FW guide (downgrade or upgrade EMUI)

„USING OTG ADAPTER or OTG CABLE + USB MEMORY STICK

1. Extract dload folder from downloaded archive and copy it to the root of your memory stick / drive >=8gb (formatted as NTFS) that will be used to upgrade.

DLOAD folder contains:
- a zip file ( Example: update_sd_base.zip)
- a folder (example ELS-N29_hw_eu) with 2 zip files inside (example: update_sd_cust_ELS-N29_hw_eu.zip and update_sd_preload_ELS-N29_hw_eu_R5.zip)

2. BACKUP your stuffs if you haven't done yet

3. Factory Reset your phone (optional) and POWER it OFF

4. Insert your OTG + memory stick / drive with the correct firmware on it (dload folder with all 3 zips inside)

5. Press Power button AND VOLUME + and as it vibrates and shows Huawei + Android logo WAIT FOR 5-6 seconds and release buttons, and the phone will enter in eRecovery mode. When in menu, select Update mode, then select Memory card/OTG update mode and it should start the update.

USING Huawei NM Card

1. Extract dload folder from downloaded archive above (dload folder with all 3 zips inside) and copy to your Huawei NM Card

2. BACKUP your stuffs if you haven't done yet

3. Factory Reset your phone (optional) and POWER it OFF

4. Press Power button AND vOLUME + and as it vibrates and shows Huawei + Android logo WAIT FOR 5-6 seconds and release buttons, and the phone will enter in eRecovery mode. When in menu, select Update mode, then select Memory card/OTG update mode and it should start the update.

OR

If you want to do it from sistem after you've made your backup and had an factory reset (optional), insert OTG + memory stick / drive OR copy dload folder with all 3 zips inside to your Huawei NM Card and dial this on dialer *#*#2846579#*#* and select 4.Software Update then 1.Memory card Upgrade . If your inserted card / memory stick or USB drive or Huawei NM Card it's recognised and contains the right files, phone will restart and start flashing the firmware. At the end when it's restarting after succesfully flashed firmware, you can remove the OTG (if you used one).

How to check for update using eRecovery:

In order to acces eRecovery (using this method in order to update WON'T wipe your phone data, it's acting like an normal OTA), follow these steps:
1. Power OFF your device
2. Press Power button AND vOLUME + and as it vibrates and shows Huawei + Android logo WAIT FOR 5-6 seconds and release buttons, and the phone will enter in eRecovery mode. When in menu, select Update mode, then select Memory card/OTG update mode and it should start the update.
3. When in menu, select Update mode, then select eRecovery mode then Update and recover system then Download update and recover. Connect it to Wi-Fi and it should start the update. If it's still the version you're atm, you can hit Cancel and then Restart. If it's a newer version than the one installed, let it download and update. At the end, it will restart to system.„

Thanks to @SilviuO

where is the Dload files ?
you mean those put them in pendrive ?
1645655543661.png

Evil4eveR

Feb 22, 2022

badmania98 did solve the connection probleme, using china dns in my network card ipv4 propreties​

114.114.114.119​

114.114.115.119​

For some odd reason, hisuit blocks the google dns 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8​

i downgrade my device i got google working finally
thanks god i wanted to ask if i upgrade my phone to emui 12 what will happen or i shouldn't upgrade ?

theimpulson

Forum Moderator / Recognized Dev / Dev Relations
Staff member
Dropping here to clean the thread. Guys remember to read and follow the XDA Forum Rules. Specifically:

2.3 Flaming / Lack of respect: XDA is about sharing and this does not involve virtual yelling (flaming) or rudeness. Flaming or posting with a lack of respect is unacceptable. Treat new members in the manner in which you would like to have been treated when you were a new member. When dealing with any member, provide them with guidance, advice and instructions when you can, showing them respect and courtesy. Never post in a demanding, argumentative, disrespectful or self-righteous manner.

4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ or https://www.babelfish.com/ or use one of your choice.

Continuous violations will lead to warnings and a ban in the future.

Regards,
theimpulson,
Forum Moderator / Dev Relations / Recognized Developer

Podri

Aug 21, 2021
Hello i have Huawei P40 Lite, sending info about my version region etc...
I have chosen those versions in hisuite proxy (also sending you which i have chosen) tried downgrade with hisuite 10.1.0.550_OVE but got "software installation failed" could you help me figure out what i did bad? did i used right firmware? is there any difference between hisuite 10 and hisuite 11?
274385089_292317036166771_1464719734110228537_n.jpg

Attachments

• 274169772_476731120761225_4341970686948370464_n.jpg
    274169772_476731120761225_4341970686948370464_n.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 21
  • cust2.PNG
    cust2.PNG
    18.3 KB · Views: 21
  • jny.PNG
    jny.PNG
    26.2 KB · Views: 18
  • preload.PNG
    preload.PNG
    21.4 KB · Views: 19

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
Huawei P40 Pro
Hello i have Huawei P40 Lite, sending info about my version region etc...
I have chosen those versions in hisuite proxy (also sending you which i have chosen) tried downgrade with hisuite 10.1.0.550_OVE but got "software installation failed" could you help me figure out what i did bad? did i used right firmware? is there any difference between hisuite 10 and hisuite 11?View attachment 5545897
I think your firmware can not be downgraded with HiSuite proxy from this version. This is the newest version for your phone? If yes, maybe a dload downgrade method is necessary first.

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
Huawei P40 Pro
for dload i need usb stick right? i will try to use method 5 am i right?
Yes. It is described at ”method 5”.
You need:
- dload firmware for your phone/region
ex: Huawei P40 lite (Nova 7i) JNY-LX1 JNY-L21 hw eu Jenny-L21A 10.1.0.353(C432E1R6P1) OR
Huawei P40 lite (Nova 7i) JNY-LX1 JNY-L21 hw eu Jenny-L21A 10.1.0.364(C432E1R6P1)
- USB stick + OTG adaptor or NM card. It shoud work also with Memory card+ Card Reader+ OTG adaptor

After that you can go to a lower firmware (10.0.1.136) with HiSuite Proxy to install GMS.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zootopia

supermotard

May 14, 2007
Huawei P30 Pro
Huawei Mate 30 Pro
Alright, I followed badmania98's guide and I succesfully downgraded my Mate 30 Pro from 12.0.0.226 to 10.0.0.154!!
I then installed GMS with Googlefier and I have no Play protect errors or Google Play Services error.
How to install latest google play services AND disable from auto updating?
Also if the Play services get updated how can we revert to working version?
I am sorry but inspite of badmania98 and the other guys' work, the thing is a mess and it's really confusing...!

edn_maua

Jun 29, 2014
Tudo bem, eu segui o guia da Badmania98 e eu rebaixei com sucesso meu Mate 30 Pro de 12.0.0.226 para 10.0.0.154!!
Então instalei o GMS com o Googlefier e não tenho erros de proteção do Play ou erro do Google Play Services.
Como instalar os serviços mais recentes do Google Play e desativar a partir da atualização automática?
Além disso, se os serviços Play forem atualizados, como podemos reverter para a versão de trabalho?
Sinto muito, mas inspite de badmania98 e o trabalho dos outros caras, a coisa é uma bagunça e é realmente confuso...!

hello friend, I have the same firmware as your 12.0.0.226, you went straight to 10.... via Hsuite or Dload? Thanks

supermotard

May 14, 2007
Huawei P30 Pro
Huawei Mate 30 Pro
hello friend, I have the same firmware as your 12.0.0.226, you went straight to 10.... via Hsuite or Dload? Thanks
Not straight through..
1. Downgrade with latest HiSuite (590) with vpn Japan server to 11.0.0.230
2. Then you downgrade with DLOAD method through USB-OTG to 11.0.0.220 (badmania98 has made a mention about where to get the files)
3. Downgrade to 10.0.0.154 with old HiSuite (510) and HiSuite Proxy as described in first posts
Done...!

edn_maua

Jun 29, 2014
@badmania98
I think I have a problem, sorry for the English but I'm from BRAZIL.
P40 PRO, it's Region C605, From Latina, I read every post, and the files from America at all and I didn't find it for Downgrade in this version, can I use it for this version and come back later? Or do I have any possible solution?

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
Huawei P40 Pro
@badmania98
I think I have a problem, sorry for the English but I'm from BRAZIL.
P40 PRO, it's Region C605, From Latina, I read every post, and the files from America at all and I didn't find it for Downgrade in this version, can I use it for this version and come back later? Or do I have any possible solution?
Post a screenshot of About Phone Menu here.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It is not important to me. After that, I use my (paid) procedure to fix any errors. For you...I dont know.

LE: I never installed GMS with googlefier.
    Successfully installed GMS and upgraded EMUI to latest version and fixed some issues mentioned in previous comments. For now it works without any problems, updated also GMS to 21.24.56. Also Android Auto works now after requested app update.
    Thank you @badmania98 for your help and clear instructions for every issue.
    Hi badmania98,
    Thanks for your thread - a lot of great info here. Currently I'm on 12.0.0.246(C432E3R4P5) and I'm thinkg about downgrade to the oldest firmware that was ever released (I guess it's ELS-LGRP4-OVS 10.1.0.114), install GMS and update through OTA.

I can use Chimera Mobile Phone Utility or SigmaKey (have you heard about them?) to allow downgrade by the "Disable FW version and compatibility check (enable downgrade) function under "Modify Oeminfo" tab. Didn't try that yet but I'm desprate to install Google Services on my P40 PRO.

I read many of your posts but still have some questions:
    1. Which is the best method to install GMS on 10.1.0.114?
    2. Can I update through OTA to the newest EMUI12 build or should I stop at some point?
    yes, i find only in this payed sites. but i dont trust them...
    OK. I did. It was no problem.
    Google search for ”Google Play store apk” or go to www.apkmirror.com and search for Google Play Store.
    Hello!

Because I answered to the same questions on different threads, I decided to create this thread, where I will provide my experience to you, in one place.

The followings messages (2-7) contain all major info and tutorials links from this thread.

All solutions/tutorials are related to the EMUI version that is installed on your phone. Before you start using this phone and upgrade/downgrade the firmware, I suggest you to read this message and after that you can continue reading the thread.

I am waiting for your questions. I hope that I can help. I will not answer again if I already answered and you haven't read first 7 messages of this thread. I don't like people who are more lazy than I am. :devilish:

My Phone: P40 Pro C432 EMUI12, push notification fix installed.

Best regards,
    Daniel

LE: My support on XDA is free of charge. I will provide/mention free solutions. If you find something interesting on my messages you can provide a Like.
    On PM/Telegram I could provide different solutions that could be not free of charge.
    Downgrade

IF YOU HAVE GMS ERRORS
    DO NOT RESET THE PHONE TO FACTORY SETTINGS AND DO NOT MAKE EMUI DOWNGRADE

0. 20220315: Downgrade from EMUI12 is working with HiSuite 11.0.0.610.

For P40 Pro C432, to downgrade:

a. from stable EMUI12 12.0.0.218/228 to EMUI11 11.0.0.260 ( P40Pro C432), use the newest original version of HiSuite. At this moment is HiSuite_11.0.0.610_OVE. No proxy has been used.

Captură de ecran 2022-01-30 163716.jpgphoto_2022-01-21_20-02-18.jpgphoto_2022-01-21_20-03-20.jpg

b. from ELS-LGRP4-OVS 11.0.0.260 to EMUI11 11.0.0.230 ( P40Pro C432) you can downgrade using the solution described here.

1. How to solve wrong downgrade+fix USB connection to computer (P40Pro+ firmware on P40 Pro / N39 on N29)
    Here is my guide: - here.

2. EMUI downgrade procedure chart - here.

3. from EMUI version
    <11.0.0.260 to EMUI10.1.121( P40Pro C432) EMUI downgrade tutorial - one step : here The procedure is the same for all Huawei phones and regions. You have to use the specific files for every region and phone type. Ask on thread if you dont know what files you need.

4. Firmware Downgrade with HiSuite proxy and Offline Packages: here (AVOID IT).

5. HOW TO flash DLOAD FW guide: here

6. The transfer files between Computer and phone is available on the downgraded firmware (10.1.x.x) when you use a certain USB-c to USB-c cable. In this case a UGREEN, US355, USB-C To USB-C, 3.1, Gen.2, PD, 5A, 100W, 4K, 10 Gbps cable has been used. In the same time, using the original USB cable or other ordinary USB-c to USB-C cable have not activated the file transfer.
    Harmony TP cable works also, in case your computer/laptop doesn't have USB-C port. You can build/make one (search the procedure on YouTube).

7.In case you get internet connection issue see here.

8. HiSuite Proxy v3.xx Virus Alert : here.

Note: 2022.01.01 Where is mentioned https://www.firmfinder.ml/ use https://professorjtj.github.io/
    Hello everyone,

I want to share my experience here.

I posted earlier a problem on xda "Can't downgrade P40 Pro ELS-N29 C432 from 11.0.0.260 to 10.1.0.131"

I tired many solution for several days and nothing worked!
    Then I contacted badmania98 and he gave me the right and only solution to downgrade my P40 Pro from 11.0.0.260 to EMUI 10.
    He provided me with the corresponding links and gave me a step by step procedure, shown in pictures that are highlighted by numbers..
    " 1. Press this 2. insert that 3. etc... " and then he doubled check my work before I proceeded in Hisuite Proxy to make sure that the filled info about base, Cust, Preload and the software are 100% accurate.
    I was able to downgrade my P40 Pro to EMUI 10 😁

Now here's the best part: He gave a private service and installed GSM on my phone using TeamViewer. He used his own files to install GSM on my phone... This service allowed me to have Google Push notifications working on my phone without disabling the Google Play Store 😁
    Google service is working, maps, push notifications, everything related to Google is working now as if this phone originally had Google Pre-Installed in it 😁

It was a great service!

Thank you so much
    Google Suite Install/Errors etc. ( Play store, Google Play Services, Google Account, etc.)

IF YOU HAVE GMS ERRORS
    DO NOT RESET THE PHONE TO FACTORY SETTINGS AND DO NOT MAKE EMUI DOWNGRADE

1. Play store error
    a. It can be opened but cannot be used

If you receive just this message try Clear Cache of Google Play Store + Force stop, then start Store again. Do not clear data.

Screenshot_20211013_113641_com.android.vending.jpg

b. 20211113 Errors: If the previous doesn't work try this (read below first).
    1. V1 - EloYGomeZTv
    2. V2 - Renz Dagz TV ,
    3. V3 -System Hacks
    4. V4 - GSM Fix/ ictfix

Many phones with GMS installed have now ( since 20211113) that error message when you open Google Apps. Many of you think that a downgrade of EMUI and a reinstall of GMS is needed. No EMUI downgrade is needed. In previous links (V1-V4) you will find 4 solutions to have a GMS working. Unfortunately they use old versions of Google Play Services. The newest version is used in V1. Some apps (Android Auto, etc.) will need a newer versions of Google Play Services than those presented in tutorials. I tried different solutions and files and I have to say that the last version of working Play Services is:
    - for MateXS: 21.15.13
    - other phones: 21.24.56
    Using a newer version will get the error.
    Also a simple clear data/force stop/update or other changes made on Google Play Services file could get future errors.

c. The fix A.3 from here solves all this problems and solves also many incompatibilities.
    My phone has not been affected: Demo

2. Change/add Google account/password after GMS install - files in description: Tutorial - EloYGomeZTv

3. Googlefier on 2022 - solve step 1 error : here.

4. I used this method to install GMS: here.
    You can use any other method. YouTube is full of them. One of them is Googlefier.

5. A new alternative to install GMS here.. In video it is used on HarmonyOS 2.0 phone, but I think it might work on EMUI10 (that allows GMS install) too. It seems to be more simple than Googlefier and it has fixed also te year 2022 bug of Googlefier.
    I have to mention that on the @MiszczOszczy44 I have installed the most advanced push notification fix (paid version). This procedure will fix push notifications and other/many incompatibilities.