• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

bang bang racing in Tegra market today for $7.99!

Search This thread

MRCANNADY

Mar 13, 2009
Hey Xoomers, Bang Bang racing is now in the Tegra zone market....enjoy!!! They originally told me it'll be out next week, better now than later!!

UPDATE: The developer has listened to our comments an will add new control options in a future update to the game, resembling the controls like Reckless Racing! The current controls are not bad once you get used to them...love the graphics though

Last edited:

poisike

Jun 6, 2009
Is it good?
This will probably be my first purchase from Market. Yesterday Google finally enabled paid apps for 99 more countries, including the country where I live.

amelch05

Oct 27, 2008
I bought the game about an hour ago. I am not a fan of the control system. I was hoping it would grow on me but after an hour it still isn't great. I hope they incorporate something better in an update.

chiefmcbeef

Apr 1, 2010
I bought the game about an hour ago. I am not a fan of the control system. I was hoping it would grow on me but after an hour it still isn't great. I hope they incorporate something better in an update.

What are the controls like? Tilt/Sensor or touchscreen?

[edit] decided to give it a go, dissapointing for £4.90, refunded it :( The control system is odd, dragging my finger in front of the car to dictate where it should go, at the same time obscuring my own view, isn't fun :/

Last edited:

mug2k

Jul 11, 2010
What are the controls like? Tilt/Sensor or touchscreen?

[edit] decided to give it a go, dissapointing for £4.90, refunded it :( The control system is odd, dragging my finger in front of the car to dictate where it should go, at the same time obscuring my own view, isn't fun :/

They should of made it like reckless racing which has many different methods of control.

gerbick

Aug 7, 2010
Got this... doesn't really disappoint. The control scheme as-is (luckily there's a more traditional one coming) isn't half bad, but takes a lot to get used to.

There's no practice mode though. I ended up using Time Trial as my practice. Not a bad start.

Dyyryath

Feb 8, 2009
I bought it, played for 5 minutes and gave up in disgust at the controls. But, I figured that I'd let them keep the eight bucks rather than take the refund since I want to support people that make games for the Xoom.

Played it again later for about 20 minutes and started to get the hang of the controls. At this point I was having fun even though the controls were still frustrating, so I decided to run down to Best Buy and spend $20 on a stylus. The controls are WAY better with the stylus keeping my big hands out of the way and preventing my hands from getting sweaty so that they stick to the screen.

Love the game now. As an added benefit, the stylus is pretty cool in its own right and now I'm awesome at Fruit Ninja, too. :D

p2flol

Sep 8, 2010
I bought it, played for 5 minutes and gave up in disgust at the controls. But, I figured that I'd let them keep the eight bucks rather than take the refund since I want to support people that make games for the Xoom.

Played it again later for about 20 minutes and started to get the hang of the controls. At this point I was having fun even though the controls were still frustrating, so I decided to run down to Best Buy and spend $20 on a stylus. The controls are WAY better with the stylus keeping my big hands out of the way and preventing my hands from getting sweaty so that they stick to the screen.

Love the game now. As an added benefit, the stylus is pretty cool in its own right and now I'm awesome at Fruit Ninja, too. :D

Perhaps I will get a stylus too then. Which one did you buy?

SnapCount

Apr 16, 2009

Agreed, need to support the people who develop software for Honeycomb. Bought it - played it - like it :)

Another game to show off to iPad lovers!!:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's a silver one carried by Best Buy under the Rocketfish name.