• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Bang Bang Racing-please support developer with comments!

Search This thread

MRCANNADY

Mar 13, 2009
Hey Xoomers! Just spoke with the developer of Bang Bang Racing, the game has recently been updated again to fix the control looseness as we requested, and they are really spot on now, I have no issues at all now! They have also lowered the asking price to $3.98..which some people seem to be complaining over if you read the comments in the marketplace. The Developer has been really helpful in making the game work as we requested, and all developers drop prices on their games to attract new buyers etc so I dont know why some people are crying over a price drop. The developer has asked that members of XDA show our support by helping with some positive feedback in the marketplace, so please take two minutes just to acknowledge the fact that they have really been listening to all of our requests. We need to keep developers like these working on android...please pass the word and thank you guys!!

Also, if you have any suggestions, post them on the marketplace...they are open to all ideas to really make this game enjoyable for us all!

Last edited:

crackmulah

Apr 11, 2011
i am very happy to hear this.
i love the graphics and style of the game, the controls are the only thing holding it back.
im glad the company realizes this.
i am not expert on gaming and development but maybe just a simple left and rigth button at the bottom of the screen will do. maybe even throw in automatic acceleration to make it simpler?

thats what ive been thinking.
id love to hear about what the developers are throwing around in terms of new controlls. anyword?

MRCANNADY

Mar 13, 2009
i am very happy to hear this.
i love the graphics and style of the game, the controls are the only thing holding it back.
im glad the company realizes this.
i am not expert on gaming and development but maybe just a simple left and rigth button at the bottom of the screen will do. maybe even throw in automatic acceleration to make it simpler?

thats what ive been thinking.
id love to hear about what the developers are throwing around in terms of new controlls. anyword?

hey there..nothing solid yet, but from our chat we may have more than one additional control option, one option may be the tank-like control option in reckless racing or something very similar. This game would be a blast to play and look at once the controls are fixed and our fingers are not blocking the screen. I will pass our info to the developer with your screen name

Dyyryath

Feb 8, 2009
You can tell them that I love it. It's the first game besides Fruit Ninja that I've found entertaining enough to actually play.

The current controls are a little odd, but I've started using a stylus and that works pretty good. :)

gerbick

Aug 7, 2010
Offering a different control scheme would take a great looking game with just okay controls to a downright awesome game. Bring it!

erzhik

Mar 4, 2011
"Graphics look cartoonish, but at the same time an absolute eye-candy." - erzhik

Controls do take time getting used to, and I would also love to have a mini map displayed in the corner to see when the corner is coming.

mug2k

Jul 11, 2010
Tell them to take a look at Reckless Racing for how to do the controls. If they can match the level of customization in RR I'd be hugely impressed.

Also maybe ask them if they would like us to beta test their future games because if they had done that I'm pretty sure BBR wouldn't of hit the market with the glaring problem we've all recognised straight away. It's surely better to be proactive rather than reactive.

MRCANNADY

Mar 13, 2009
Tell them to take a look at Reckless Racing for how to do the controls. If they can match the level of customization in RR I'd be hugely impressed.

Also maybe ask them if they would like us to beta test their future games because if they had done that I'm pretty sure BBR wouldn't of hit the market with the glaring problem we've all recognised straight away. It's surely better to be proactive rather than reactive.

I had informed the developer when the game was released to implement Reckless Racing controls. He stated that been though he personally hate RR's controls, he would look into adding that as an option. Good try on the beta testing though, but they have people doing that already :)

Once we have additional control options, I could not recommend this game enough! Looking forward to more tracks being added and maybe multiplayer support!!

mug2k

Jul 11, 2010
I had informed the developer when the game was released to implement Reckless Racing controls. He stated that been though he personally hate RR's controls, he would look into adding that as an option. Good try on the beta testing though, but they have people doing that already :)

Once we have additional control options, I could not recommend this game enough! Looking forward to more tracks being added and maybe multiplayer support!!

2 points

1. If this game was produced for monetary gain (obviously it was) the developer was a little silly putting what he preferred into the game, it should be what the mass market would expect/prefer if their going for sales.

2. The beta testers failed big time if they never noticed how poor the game played with the current control scheme and/or weren't able to convince the developer his course of action was wrong.

The oversight has caused the game to be a 3-star game on release when imo it would easily been 4.5 stars but hats off to them for trying to fix it.

keitht

Dec 21, 2005
Delray Beach, FL
2 points

1. If this game was produced for monetary gain (obviously it was) the developer was a little silly putting what he preferred into the game, it should be what the mass market would expect/prefer if their going for sales.

2. The beta testers failed big time if they never noticed how poor the game played with the current control scheme and/or weren't able to convince the developer his course of action was wrong.

The oversight has caused the game to be a 3-star game on release when imo it would easily been 4.5 stars but hats off to them for trying to fix it.

I couldn't agree more. I bought this game, played it for 5 minutes (or tried to) and couldn't control the car at all. Refunded. The game looks great but the controls are not intuitive at all. I would not recommend this game to anyone unless the controls are completely changed.

gerbick

Aug 7, 2010
Just got the update... there's four control schemes now.

From right to left:
Full Control - acceleration, brake on the right side, turn left/right on the left side
Auto Acceleration Control - brake on the right, turn left/right on the left side
Split Screen Control - left/right on opposite sides of the tablet, not grouped as above
Point Control - the old method of controlling​

Won't lie, so far I'm falling into the Auto Acceleration Control, only braking when I have to, but Full Control does well too. The Split Screen mode is fine, but no braking kills me in the curves. But it's evenly spaced out, unlike the full control layout - the staggered layout of left/right is a bit unintuitive at first, but makes perfect sense a bit later.

Definite improvement. Have had a couple of FC's, but not sure why. This is a 4.5 out of 5.0 now in my eyes.

Last edited:

MRCANNADY

Mar 13, 2009
Just got the update... there's four control schemes now.

From right to left:
Full Control - acceleration, brake on the right side, turn left/right on the left side
Auto Acceleration Control - brake on the right, turn left/right on the left side
Split Screen Control - left/right on opposite sides of the tablet, not grouped as above
Point Control - the old method of controlling​

Won't lie, so far I'm falling into the Auto Acceleration Control, only braking when I have to, but Full Control does well too. The Split Screen mode is fine, but no braking kills me in the curves. But it's evenly spaced out, unlike the full control layout - the staggered layout of left/right is a bit unintuitive at first, but makes perfect sense a bit later.

Definite improvement. Have had a couple of FC's, but not sure why. This is a 4.5 out of 5.0 now in my eyes.

Glad you like the new controls. The force close seems to happen when you try to start the game from the android market after downloading. Please post all recommendations/feedback as the developer really wants to hear from us. I appreciate the fact that they actually listened to their customers, unlike some developers who make you wait months before updating, these guys got right to work on an update this monday! They will now have my full support as they are going to continue to support Android and Tegra!!

gerbick

Aug 7, 2010
Addendum: The Split Screen method is my favorite. Hands down.

You get to control the car with the turns on either side - like I tend to hold my Xoom - and if you want to brake, slide your thumbs down. 4.75 out of 5.0 now. Having fun and actually getting into the top 5 now easier.