MagiskHide (proper root hiding) will be better than Denylist anyway, but Shamiko is usually better still... You'll need MagiskHide for step 5 of course...As it happens I think I've found a way around the root check - whether it's permanent or not, only time can tell...
1. Open Magisk (Canary 26.1.02)
2. Configure the Denylist
3. Install/enable the (Displax) USNF and (HuskyDG) MagiskHide modules
4. Disable Zygisk and the Denylist (and reboot)
5. Open Starling - this should start without failing
(I had cleared the Starling data, so needed this)
7. Go through the device registration process
(I also needed Google Wallet to work, so)
8. Enable Zygisk but NOT the Denylist (and reboot)
(Both Starling and Wallet now work)
I'm still confused by step 6 though.
... Might be in 1 or 2 week grace period after detection?... PW