• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Banking App stopped working with MagiskHide help (with logcat)

Search This thread

abuyamizan

Nov 16, 2020
thank you for info

thanks for info..
@abuyamizan ,@jatzio thank you very much

I did All.. I install hardware off, get passed safety net, add magisk hide to google play & services beside bank app, hide magisk app.. I install too Riru, Lsposed & XprivacyLua.. restrict some option in bank app.. and voila it work again..

thank you all for helping me.. may happiness being with you all..
Alhamdulillah, i'm happy too

jatzio

Nov 27, 2016
hi jatzio, in my phone Oppo reno 2, android 9, I use Magisk, Riru, Lsposed and Xprivacylua, but still not work.. may you give us clue /screen shot.. or guide to setting it ? I really Appreciate it
In my case:
1. Reinstall (uninstall then install again) the banking app.
2. Make sure your device is passed SafetyNet. There are magisk module that can help with it.
3. Enable magiskhide, rename that magisk app with some funny name.
4. Install riru on magisk repository, reboot to activate.
5. Install Lsposed from magisk repository, reboot to activate. Then enable 'Yahfa Hook'.
6. Download xprivacylua (from GitHub, format zip). Flash on magisk. Reboot and activate the module from Lsposed app. Reboot again.
7. Check the banking app on Lsposed. Then check the banking app on xprivacylua, tick to restrict the apps for "get application" and "use tracking"
8. Open the banking app, there will be error popup. Just click the back button, don't force close it. And open again.

Ramshu97

Dec 15, 2013
Kerala
In my case:
2. Make sure your device is passed SafetyNet. There are magisk module that can help with it.
5. Install Lsposed from magisk repository, reboot to activate. Then enable 'Yahfa Hook'.
6. Download xprivacylua (from GitHub, format zip). Flash on magisk. Reboot and activate the module from Lsposed app. Reboot again.
7. Check the banking app on Lsposed. Then check the banking app on xprivacylua, tick to restrict the apps for "get application" and "use tracking"
8. Open the banking app, there will be error popup. Just click the back button, don't force close it. And open again.
Thank you very much for your kind help.
It was bit difficult to do these steps it worth the time and efforts perfectly worked on my redmi note 7 pro with fedmobile banking app. Once again thank you very much

diegori466

May 9, 2018
In my case:
Hi, I have two questions.
1. How can I Check the banking app on Lsposed?
2. I try flash xprivacylua, but magisk said "error" format file, however install the apk.
Can you take screenshots, please?. I need use my bank app.

Thanks

loshabih

Jul 2, 2012
I've strange thing here with app root detection , below steps i followed :
1- TWRP factory reset
2- wipe data and storage in twrp (where you type yes)
3- install this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ae.damanhealth.daman&hl=en&gl=US
4- app works fine
5- install magisk app
6- app detect root despite i didn't flash magisk.zip
7- remove magisk app and the app started to work again.
8- i flashed magisk.zip
9- app didn't work and it detect root
10- I tried to hide it from magisk hide, change magisk app name

still this app detect root, i don't know if the app detect root from boot partition or from where

Spartacus500

Nov 6, 2014
I've strange thing here with app root detection , below steps i followed :
1- TWRP factory reset
2- wipe data and storage in twrp (where you type yes)
3- install this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ae.damanhealth.daman&hl=en&gl=US
4- app works fine
5- install magisk app
6- app detect root despite i didn't flash magisk.zip
7- remove magisk app and the app started to work again.
8- i flashed magisk.zip
9- app didn't work and it detect root
10- I tried to hide it from magisk hide, change magisk app name

still this app detect root, i don't know if the app detect root from boot partition or from where
This application detects the "TWRP" folder, just hide by inserting a dot like this ".TWRP" or delete the TWRP folder, then the application will work, if not, then additionally clear the data and cache of this application 👍

Reactions: jatzio
maybe u can try whichone

- hide magisk
- hide app needed from magisk
- install package from magisk store
1. Riru Core
2. Riru Momohider This Tutorial
- install ISLAND app from Playstore
- open ISLAND, rebuid app and install bank app from ISLAND in (Work Profile)
- No need LSPoded, I used only for gravitybox
- hide bank app from magisk hide
- reboot
Done

Screenshot_20210423-054834.png
IMG_20210423_055610.jpg
Screenshot_20210423-054955.png

Screenshot_20210423-055052.png

Last edited:

jatzio

Nov 27, 2016
Hi, I have two questions.
1. How can I Check the banking app on Lsposed?
2. I try flash xprivacylua, but magisk said "error" format file, however install the apk.
Can you take screenshots, please?. I need use my bank app.

Thanks
1. Open Lsposed, tap modules, tap Xprivacylua, check the banking app
2. If you can install via all, so be it. Don't forget to enable the module first, then reboot your phone.

homemdasneves

Dec 2, 2008
In Portugal, with ActivoBank, I managed to work using all the hints given here.

Don't forget in Magisk to click in "Check SafetyNet", download the stuff needed and make a reboot.

I hide magisk manager, and I use the funtion in Magisk to hide the root from some apps like "ActivoBank", "Google Play Services" e "Google Play".

Then I rebooted phone, cleared data form my bank app and it worked.

Hey

I'm struggling with ActivoBank here. I'm happy to know someone got it working!
What android installation are you using? I'm running a custom ROM (Lineage 17) and I'm afraid the app detects that it's a custom ROM and not the stock Samsung android.

Thanks

c9801120

Feb 14, 2008
Hey

I'm struggling with ActivoBank here. I'm happy to know someone got it working!
What android installation are you using? I'm running a custom ROM (Lineage 17) and I'm afraid the app detects that it's a custom ROM and not the stock Samsung android.

Thanks

I used to use a Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 with Lineage 14.1 - Android 7.1.2 and Magisk, with the receipt said in the previous posts.

I've read that the developer of Magisk have got a work in the Android enterprise and had to make Magisk not hidding any more the root from the applications.

My suggestion is to downgrade the Magisk version for one that works. I think the version 22 works fine, because they are from march and april of this year, and version 23 is from july (the time when I've read the information about the new employment of the developer).

I cannot assure, because I don't use that Xiaomi phone anymore.

I link the version files of Magisk in the following link.

Hope It works for you.

c9801120

Feb 14, 2008
And now the new updates still detect root with everything we got
Well guess we have to downgrade again untill we found the culprit

I've read that the developer of Magisk have got a work in the Android enterprise and had to make Magisk not hidding any more the root from the applications.

My suggestion is to downgrade the Magisk version for one that works. I think the version 22 works fine, because they are from march and april of this year, and version 23 is from july (the time when I've read the information about the new employment of the developer).

Hope It works for you.

c9801120

Feb 14, 2008
Newest version Livin by mandiri still detected root :(

Hope It works for you.

blakejakke

Dec 13, 2011
Newest version Livin by mandiri still detected root :(
And now the new updates still detect root with everything we got
Well guess we have to downgrade again untill we found the culprit

for 4.2.x version I watched youtube, app can run with clone app
you can search "Cara Buka Livin' by Mandiri (versi 4.2.4 / Terbaru) di HP Root",
for me, it's work thanks for tutor aiz..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I use Redmi 3 Pro, with custom rom Mokee Android 10 and it's work
    maybe the problem is with Android 9 or with ROM ?
    IDK but now it work with this advice
    I can confirm one way to work around Livin' app is to uninstall the latest version, downgrade to version 4.2.1 (dont install from playstore). Also dont install on weekend, only weekday (Monday-Friday). and use the same method with magiskhide, lsposed & xprivacylua. Works for me
    Thanks bro
    hi jatzio, in my phone Oppo reno 2, android 9, I use Magisk, Riru, Lsposed and Xprivacylua, but still not work.. may you give us clue /screen shot.. or guide to setting it ? I really Appreciate it
    In my case:
    On Asus Zenfone max pro m2, stock Android 9 latest version. Using magisk, riru, lsposed and xprivacylua. Now l1v1n m4nd1r1 works again.
    I have a private build of Magisk that does not leak /sbin/.magisk and passes Santander UK's root detection, Epic Seven etc. Please send me a PM if you would like to try it.
    Alternatively, if that doesn't work, here's a fun workaround I discovered. Basically you just press the back button once to close UOB and then double tap the recents app button to relaunch it and viola.

could you tell us the step ?

my kernel linux kernel 3.10.108, thanks for the file, I'll try

In Portugal, with ActivoBank, I managed to work using all the hints given here.

Don't forget in Magisk to click in "Check SafetyNet", download the stuff needed and make a reboot.

I hide magisk manager, and I use the funtion in Magisk to hide the root from some apps like "ActivoBank", "Google Play Services" e "Google Play".

Then I rebooted phone, cleared data form my bank app and it worked.