Banks app detects root after update v18.0 (with Magisk Hide and hidden Manager)

jsmidev

Sep 27, 2016
The latest version of FedMobile banking app is detecting root on my Redmi 5A, with the latest version of Magisk. Magisk Hide has been enabled and Magisk has been repackaged too. Any solutions?

hackwerk

Jan 7, 2010
Amsterdam
Since Android updates (october 5th?) my phone (Mi A3) doesnt pass CTS (thus SafetyNet) anymore.
Maybe coincidence but my banking apps like NEXT (Krung Thai Bank) shuts down with rooted message.
Other apps with root detection still dont detect it when MagiskHide is on them.

Method could very well be Zimperium (MAPS: zDEFEND/zSHIELD) because if I check the logcat with MatLog I see exact those checks mentioned about Zimperium (at GitHub).
I too can choose a secure operation but within 2 seconds the app shuts down with a message.

MagiskHide and also the Didgeridoohan MagiskHideProps module do not help in any setting.
I tried renaming, rebooting, (un)hiding, canary/beta, etc etc.

How are we going to fix these growing root detection problems?!

Last edited:

_JuSteR_

Aug 26, 2008
Hey chaps!

I installed the latest Revolut update (7.31) this morning and it seems they started blocking rooted phones now.

I tried the Magisk rapackaging trick but it didn't work. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or else 🤔

Any suggestion?
Thanks!

Attachments

damador

Jun 6, 2009
Hey chaps!

I installed the latest Revolut update (7.31) this morning and it seems they started blocking rooted phones now.

I tried the Magisk rapackaging trick but it didn't work. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or else 🤔

Any suggestion?
Thanks!
got the same eror

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
Hey chaps!

Any suggestion?
Thanks!
got the same eror
If you try to detect root with VD Infos app, you can see what exactly is being detected:

Last edited:
Reactions: _JuSteR_

Adrianer

Jun 6, 2008
Hey chaps!

Any suggestion?
Thanks!
WFM with Revolut 7.31, Magisk 21.2, Manager 8.0.5, Magisk Hide and repackaging with renaming from the beginning. You probably need to completely uninstall Revolut and install it again, hide it in Magisk and the configure it again.

Reactions: _JuSteR_

_JuSteR_

Aug 26, 2008
WFM with Revolut 7.31, Magisk 21.2, Manager 8.0.5, Magisk Hide and repackaging with renaming from the beginning. You probably need to completely uninstall Revolut and install it again, hide it in Magisk and the configure it again.
Nope, not working. In the meantime, I also updated to Magisk 21.3 and Manager 8.0.6. Still not working

MaXAiRO

Jul 7, 2010
Mytilene, Lesvos
Same here with the OP3 😒
I'm on a OnePlus 7 Pro using OxygenOS Open Beta 19. SafetyNet is passed and Revolut app is hidden.

Any previous Revolut version is fine. But this last 7.31 is giving me headaches
Did Revolut force you to update to the latest version in order to use it?

Try the following:

1. Hide Magisk Manager
2. Enable Magisk Hide
3. Add Google Play Services, Google Play Store and Revolut in Hide and check all checkboxes
4. Clear Google Play Services cache
5. Clear data for Google Play Store and make sure it shows "Device is certified" in Google Play Store settings.
6. Reboot
7. Make sure you pass SafetyNet
8. Clear Revolut app data and check if it works.

If it still detects root with the above steps the only other thing you can try is the following

1. Install EdXposed Manager, through its settings enable "Applist Mode", "Pass SafetyNet" and add Google Play Store in Black list.
2. Install Riru 23.3 + Edxposed YAHFA or Sandhook 0.5.1.4 magisk modules, reboot and make sure that EdXposed is succesfully installed and running by opening EdXposed Manager.
3. Install RootCloak xposed module, reboot, add Revolut in RootCloak.
4. Make sure you still pass SafetyNet.
5. Reboot
6. Clear Revolut app data and check if it works.

Tinuszka

Jun 24, 2016

rodogg88

Oct 30, 2010
Don't know if this will help anyone but I installed the magisk update and got my phone bricked. had to reflash the os and rebuild my phone from backups. after turning on magisk hide and the app blackist in edexposed, my primary banking app (investors bank) kept detectig root. my other banking apps all didnt detect any root and worked fine.

no matter what i did, investors still detected root until last night i uninstalled the busybox app. investors no longer detects root now and i can log in and use it as usual.

I read somewhere that some apps have busybox built in but if an app requires it for an action, just install, do what you need then uninstall busybox.

LG v20 (h-910) rooted oreo 8

kbeezie

Feb 23, 2010
Grand Rapids, Mi
karlblessing.com
Did Revolut force you to update to the latest version in order to use it?

Try the following:

1. Hide Magisk Manager
2. Enable Magisk Hide
3. Add Google Play Services, Google Play Store and Revolut in Hide and check all checkboxes
4. Clear Google Play Services cache
5. Clear data for Google Play Store and make sure it shows "Device is certified" in Google Play Store settings.
6. Reboot
7. Make sure you pass SafetyNet
8. Clear Revolut app data and check if it works.

If it still detects root with the above steps the only other thing you can try is the following

1. Install EdXposed Manager, through its settings enable "Applist Mode", "Pass SafetyNet" and add Google Play Store in Black list.
2. Install Riru 23.3 + Edxposed YAHFA or Sandhook 0.5.1.4 magisk modules, reboot and make sure that EdXposed is succesfully installed and running by opening EdXposed Manager.
3. Install RootCloak xposed module, reboot, add Revolut in RootCloak.
4. Make sure you still pass SafetyNet.
5. Reboot
6. Clear Revolut app data and check if it works.
The first portion of this worked well for UBS Financial Services btw.

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
If you try to detect root with VD Infos app, you can see what exactly is being detected:
Poeple, don't waste your time.
Using my app VD INFOS you can see every detectable thing. (Root/Magisk/Xposed/Riru/and others.)
And then you can fix what needs to be fixed.

Last edited: