• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Banks app detects root after update v18.0 (with Magisk Hide and hidden Manager)

Search This thread

jhobc

May 26, 2012
Heaven and Hell
Issue still happening with latest versions of Magisk and C6 Bank, which is available at:

No procedures detailed on this thread works. Are Magisk devs aware of this? What we can do to to help/solve it?

Magisk Canary + Riru Core (From Magisk Repo) + Riru Unshare Module and the C6 app will work perfectly

david.lynch

Apr 14, 2013
tested, not working even with Island, which works succesfully with other apps.

C6 Bank app version is March 12, 2021.

Edit: worked after changing Magisk channel to Canary on settings, removed C6 Bank app, restarted, reinstalled app.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: jhobc

dnick88

Jul 19, 2019
Might help someone, my banking app started working after deleting Magisk manager.
So basically do your normal hide, systemless etc in Magisk then delete the manager program. This will leave the modifications and modules in place but for me my banking app it then couldn't find root... Hope it helps someone! (Lenovo Z6 Pro running revenge ROS4 / A11)

Last edited:

jhobc

May 26, 2012
Heaven and Hell
Might help someone, my banking app started working after deleting Magisk manager.
So basically do your normal hide, systemless etc in Magisk then delete the manager program. This will leave the modifications and modules in place but for me my banking app it then couldn't find root... Hope it helps someone! (Lenovo Z6 Pro running revenge PS4)

Why don't you use the repack option at MM settings?

frdan

Apr 11, 2012
So basically do your normal hide, systemless etc in Magisk then delete the manager program. This will leave the modifications and modules in place but for me my banking app it then couldn't find root... Hope it helps someone! (Lenovo Z6 Pro running revenge ROS4 / A11)
Really helped .
I tried everything before none work .

johnyu2003

Nov 14, 2012
Thanks, its helped

cescman

Nov 5, 2013
Will the modifications be kept intact when you reboot the phone?
And does the app recognize the original settings when you reinstall the app? Like when I wish to toggle a module off later, will the settings be removed and the app doesn't show previously installed modules?

Didgeridoohan

Senior Moderator / Dev Committee / Dev Relations
Staff member
May 31, 2012
Gothenburg
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
Will the modifications be kept intact when you reboot the phone?
And does the app recognize the original settings when you reinstall the app? Like when I wish to toggle a module off later, will the settings be removed and the app doesn't show previously installed modules?
Uninstalling the Magisk app will only reset app settings (theme, download location, etc). Module and root settings will remain untouched.

tiptel170

Jul 29, 2009
Felnatix
Hello,
I have the same problem, I 'm using Sabadell, and I will use the Sabadell Walled. I made an upgarde the Magisk Manager to the version 23. I 'll hide the application and change to the random name. After them I 'll selected the APP for hidding the root.

I 'll start the the walled-app, and says, no use on this rooted devices.

And now?

thexile

Jan 9, 2012
Thanks, it works for HSBC Singapore app.

Last edited:

-SKYLINE-

May 25, 2007
Also confirmed working running Magisk 23

bricca

Jun 16, 2015
Hi, I have magisk 23 and the safetynet check passes but my Bancagenerali bank app also checks that the phone's bootloader is unlocked and therefore does not let me log in. How can I hide the unlocking of the bootloader so that the app works again? The bank app is already selected on magisk hide.

dohanin

Yes, it works! After spending a lot of time trying out different Magisk modules and finally it can be done simply by disabling Magisk app before running the banking app. (don't have to uninstall it actually, just disable it).

One thing I don't understand... how could the banking app detects Magisk when it's already hidden itself using another package name?

Reactions: thexile

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    face same problem here,i tried different way such as: lsposed, thanox, hide app list, but hsbc app still detect root
    Hi, thanks for reading.

I've used Magisk 17.3 with all my bank apps perfectly, with Magisk hide and Magisk manager hidden.
    After update to 18.0 and update manager to 6.1, the bank apps start detecting root status, and stop working.

So, I've flashed back to 17.3 and old manager 6.0.1, and everything's back to working normally.

My system:
    Poco F1
    LineageOS 16.0 built 27/11/2018

The apps are from Thai's banks:
    SCB EASY: detected root, still working
    TMB Touch: detected root, stop working
    KTB Next: detected root, working partially

If you'd want any log or anything, please also tell me how to get them.
    Hi, thanks for reading.

I've used Magisk 17.3 with all my bank apps perfectly, with Magisk hide and Magisk manager hidden.
    After update to 18.0 and update manager to 6.1, the bank apps start detecting root status, and stop working.

So, I've flashed back to 17.3 and old manager 6.0.1, and everything's back to working normally.

My system:
    Poco F1
    LineageOS 16.0 built 27/11/2018

The apps are from Thai's banks:
    SCB EASY: detected root, still working
    TMB Touch: detected root, stop working
    KTB Next: detected root, working partially

If you'd want any log or anything, please also tell me how to get them.

1.restore magisk manager with original package.
    2.disable hide app.
    3.reboot.
    4.rehide msgisk manager.
    5.rehide app.
    6.reboot.

it work for nexus 6p.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    @Didgeridoohan have you heard anything more on this Play Services dependency?

There's all kinds of discussions on Google Pay here (but the issue about MagiskHide being unreliable on Magisk v18.0 and v18.1 is probably not related):
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/discussion-google-pay-magisk-discussion-t3906703

There's nothing definitive though, not even about downgrading Play Services.

Suggested methods have included downgrading Play Services, removing Google stuff as device administrator, clearing data, restricting permissions for Play Services, updating or downgrading Magisk, etc, etc.

Noone has been able to show anything that is completely reproducible and reliable, yet...