• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Banks app detects root after update v18.0 (with Magisk Hide and hidden Manager)

Search This thread

Diagrax

Mar 8, 2009
Xiaomi Poco F3
Facing a similiar issue with another banking app:

Seems like all methods couldn't work except to uninstall Magisk.

seemebreakthis

Jun 6, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 11
Also with new MAgisk App v22 UBS Access still detects root. Android 7, safetynet pass, other banking apps can not detect root since the new update, but this f*****g UBS ACCESS still does.
Finally cracked it.

The module to use is MomoHider. https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ector-beats-magisk-hide.4305217/post-85321649

That post talks about other bank apps, but I tried and it works for UBS Access too (need to enable all configs for MomoHider).

seemebreakthis

Jun 6, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 11
Facing a similiar issue with another banking app:

Seems like all methods couldn't work except to uninstall Magisk.

Not using your app, but for some of my banking apps, I just need to use adb to "pm disable <insert the scrambled name of magisk manager>", then reboot and the banking app is good for use.

Easier than uninstalling Magisk (Manager). As you can re-enable it with relative ease.

(I assume you are talking about Magisk Manager not the entire Magisk?)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Might help someone, my banking app started working after deleting Magisk manager.
    So basically do your normal hide, systemless etc in Magisk then delete the manager program. This will leave the modifications and modules in place but for me my banking app it then couldn't find root... Hope it helps someone! (Lenovo Z6 Pro running revenge ROS4 / A11)
    Hi, thanks for reading.

I've used Magisk 17.3 with all my bank apps perfectly, with Magisk hide and Magisk manager hidden.
    After update to 18.0 and update manager to 6.1, the bank apps start detecting root status, and stop working.

So, I've flashed back to 17.3 and old manager 6.0.1, and everything's back to working normally.

My system:
    Poco F1
    LineageOS 16.0 built 27/11/2018

The apps are from Thai's banks:
    SCB EASY: detected root, still working
    TMB Touch: detected root, stop working
    KTB Next: detected root, working partially

If you'd want any log or anything, please also tell me how to get them.
    Hi, thanks for reading.

I've used Magisk 17.3 with all my bank apps perfectly, with Magisk hide and Magisk manager hidden.
    After update to 18.0 and update manager to 6.1, the bank apps start detecting root status, and stop working.

So, I've flashed back to 17.3 and old manager 6.0.1, and everything's back to working normally.

My system:
    Poco F1
    LineageOS 16.0 built 27/11/2018

The apps are from Thai's banks:
    SCB EASY: detected root, still working
    TMB Touch: detected root, stop working
    KTB Next: detected root, working partially

If you'd want any log or anything, please also tell me how to get them.

1.restore magisk manager with original package.
    2.disable hide app.
    3.reboot.
    4.rehide msgisk manager.
    5.rehide app.
    6.reboot.

it work for nexus 6p.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    @Didgeridoohan have you heard anything more on this Play Services dependency?

There's all kinds of discussions on Google Pay here (but the issue about MagiskHide being unreliable on Magisk v18.0 and v18.1 is probably not related):
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/discussion-google-pay-magisk-discussion-t3906703

There's nothing definitive though, not even about downgrading Play Services.

Suggested methods have included downgrading Play Services, removing Google stuff as device administrator, clearing data, restricting permissions for Play Services, updating or downgrading Magisk, etc, etc.

Noone has been able to show anything that is completely reproducible and reliable, yet...
    Might help someone, my banking app started working after deleting Magisk manager.
    So basically do your normal hide, systemless etc in Magisk then delete the manager program. This will leave the modifications and modules in place but for me my banking app it then couldn't find root... Hope it helps someone! (Lenovo Z6 Pro running revenge ROS4 / A11)
    Thanks, it works for HSBC Singapore app.