Barcode to pc scanner app for android

Search This thread

silent001

Apr 17, 2016
Good day. I don't know if I'm posting in the right place but here goes. I need some help. I am new to app development and I honestly have no idea where to start. I have an app idea and haven't found one like it. It is a app that I really need for myself and would make my life so much easier if it was developed so I thought why not make it myself. I have no real programing knowledge other than basic vbs, basic cmd and basic html coding. This is the plan for my app.
At work we get parts in for our components that need repairing. All the parts have barcode on them so I thought why not speed up my parts checking process by using these barcodes that contain the part numbers to check my parts. The plan is for there to be a computer based program that uses a QR code to link the andriod app and the pc app together over the wifi or Internet. Then on the app you have it using the device camera to scan the barcode in and pass the barcode text to whatever place you have pointed your mouse at in keystrokes much like vbscript sendkeys method. After it scanned there must then be a popup that allows you to enter quantity as some of the items are small with 50 to 100 making scanning that many times just time consuming then after that is complete you can scan again. Also on the scan screen I want the option to manually input the barcode if the barcode has trouble being read. How I see it working is that at he end of the barcode it sends a Tab then after the quantity it sends a Enter. The idea is to use excel and formulas then to calculate parts received from parts outstanding. If someone could be so kind as to assist me or even just help me get starred I will really appreciate the help. Thanks in advance. I do not aim to make money from it just see a flaw that can help me and possibly many other people out there in the world.

Sybregunne

Jan 24, 2011
Currently in Singapore
I'm no expert. Just a hobbyist. But here is what i do if i have a similar need. You can create a local web server. Have your android app send data to the server. And the server will process the data. And send back data to your mobile app. I usually use apache for this but if you use vbs it might be better to use windows server. Hope this helps point you in the right direction.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk