• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Baseband not found after bootloader unlock and clean flash stock ROM.

Search This thread

mateusrm

Oct 19, 2019
Hi, This is my first post on XDA and I'm seeking help to solve a problem with my device.
I Have a brazillian moto g6 (with dual SIM support) that was having the random glitch and lags problem that some G6's had after the OTA update to Pie. A friend of mine bought the same device and was having the same issue after the OTA update, the phone was barely usable. After reading online, I decided to do a clean flash of the stock brazillian ROM because I saw people talking that this would solve the problem. I Have some experience in flashing ROMs, unlocking bootloaders, installing recoveries, kernels, etc (In my pixel phone, and before in a moto g5 plus), so I imagine it would be pretty easy.

I Started trying to flash via RSD Lite but for some reason the program didn't recognize the device. I even intalled Windows 7 to see if it was any compatibility issue. RSD could recognize with no problem my old moto G1, but the G6 not. I was using motorola's original USB cable.

So I resolved to flash via fastboot, using a bunch of commands I saw in a XDA post saying that the commands were essentially the same from the Oreo stock flash post. Before that, I unlocked the bootloader in Motorola's official site to be able to install TWRP in case anything gone wrong.
After flashing the stock rom, everything was fine and the lags stopped, but the phone didn't recognize the SIM Card. So I decided to reflash the stock ROM using a python script to convert the XML to fastboot commands, in case any command was missing. The same problem insisted, the phone does not see the SIM card. I tried a bunch of things like flashing oreo modem, US ROM, etc, but there's no way that the phone recognize the SIM card.

In fastboot the phone exibits "Baseband: not found" so I Believe that somehow in the process I bricked the phone. Anyone has a clue on how to solve that? Is it possible to reconstruct the baseband without a Box?
Anyone know why RSD didn't recognize the phone? Could it be a failure in the first flashing proccess? (All comands were essentially the same, except that some .sparcechunks were missing, but the modem stuff was equal).

Since now, I apologize for some bad english and I would really appreciateif someone could give me help.
Thanks in advance.

MBM Version: MBM-2.1-ali_retail-60d7a9f-dirty-190126
Modem Version: M450_08.14.10.75R
FSG Version: FSG-8953-16.114
Build Fingerprint: motorola/ali/ali:9/PPS29.55-24/a37fd:user/release-keys
CQATest App Version: 6.0.4

VERSION INFO FOUND UNDER 'ABOUT PHONE' SCREEN:
System Version: 29.11.26.ali.retail.en.US
Model Number: moto g(6)
Android Version: 9
Baseband Version: M450_08.14.10.75R
Build Id: PPS29.55-24
SW Display Build ID: PPS29.55-24
Build Date: Sat Jan 26 02:24:55 CST 2019

OTHER MISC VERSION INFO:
Subsidy Lock Config: slcf_rev_d_default_v1.0.nvm
Regulatory Info (eLabel): regulatory_info_default.png
Blur Version: Blur_Version.29.11.26.ali.retail.en.US
Version when read from CPV: ali-user 9 PPS29.55-24 a37fd release-keys

AB Update Enabled: False
Full Treble Enabled: True

Last edited:

WoKoschekk

Feb 25, 2019
Cologne
Moto G9 Plus
Your firmware is neither the latest nor the brazilian one. To get back your baseband try the steps below.

Download and flash the latest firmware for brazilian software channel from here:
https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/moto/ali/official/RETBR/XT1925-3_ALI_RETBR_9.0_PPSS29.55-37-4-3_cid50_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip

Use ONLY these commands to flash the firmware:
(the commands are extracted from the flashfile.xml inside the firmware.zip)

Code:
fastboot oem fb_mode_set
fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash dsp dspso.bin
fastboot flash logo logo.bin
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.6
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.7
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.8
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.9
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img_sparsechunk.0
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img_sparsechunk.1
fastboot flash oem oem.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase DDR
fastboot oem fb_mode_clear
fastboot reboot

mateusrm

Oct 19, 2019
I really appreciate WoKoschekk and Peabody424 for taking their time trying to help me. Looking into the build info from the ROM WoKoschekk provided me, I can see that the modem version is different, so this might solve the problem. Is very possible then that stockrom.net site is putting the incorrect ROM in the RETBR release channel. I honestly know very few about baseband and modem.

As soon I have some free time I will test both sugestions from you, but I wanted to thank the replies in advance and not leave the post without response.

In 2 or 3 days I will try to flash the ROM and update with a feedback.

Reactions: WoKoschekk

mateusrm

Oct 19, 2019
Solved

well, I flashed the firmware WoKoschekk provided and the problem was solved. Kinda embarassing to flash the wrong firmware but let IT stay as advice for people who download from Stockrom.net, the might provide some wrong files.

Really thanks for the help.

spidereye10

Mar 6, 2016
Your firmware is neither the latest nor the brazilian one. To get back your baseband try the steps below.

Download and flash the latest firmware for brazilian software channel from here:
https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/moto/ali/official/RETBR/XT1925-3_ALI_RETBR_9.0_PPSS29.55-37-4-3_cid50_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip

Code:
fastboot oem fb_mode_set
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase DDR
fastboot reboot

Does this work with Europian (xt1925-5) variant? I tried to flash multiple stock oreos and followed steps in faster root guide, but somehow I managed to get unknown baseband.

Edit: I was downgrading my system, September Pie build works fine, but no LDAC. I know it is a bit off-topic, but is downgrading possible with another kernel or something else?

Last edited:

WoKoschekk

Feb 25, 2019
Cologne
Moto G9 Plus
Does this work with Europian (xt1925-5) variant? I tried to flash multiple stock oreos and followed steps in faster root guide, but somehow I managed to get unknown baseband.

Edit: I was downgrading my system, September Pie build works fine, but no LDAC. I know it is a bit off-topic, but is downgrading possible with another kernel or something else?

AFAIK downgrading from Pie to Oreo won't work without loosing wifi & mobile network.

Any way to work on locked devices? Since i cant boot, i cant "Allow Oem" and first two commands arent working here =(

Attachments

• MOTOG6.PNG
    MOTOG6.PNG
    22.9 KB · Views: 116

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Moto X4
Any way to work on locked devices? Since i cant boot, i cant "Allow Oem" and first two commands arent working here =(
Use RSD Lite if you can find a PC that it works with
Like XP with Usb 2 ports not usb 3

Sent from my mata using XDA Labs

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 AM ----------

Also make sure you have the correct firmware software channel
See my
Motorola Flashing Guide
https://forum.xda-developers.com/general/rooting-roms/guide-flashing-motorola-firmware-t4042039

Sent from my mata using XDA Labs

Leyto02

May 1, 2021
I have the same problem, my moto e5 play XT1920-18 Pettyl, Retar updated itself and suddenly it showed the mmotorola logo and turned off, I flashed it with the latest version of the rom belonging to my mobile uploaded to the page https: // mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/moto/pettyl/official/
And the mobile continues with the loop that turns on it shows the logo and turns off, oh and in fastboot Mode it shows that the Base Band not found If you could give me a solution I would appreciate it

Community Verified icon

Icono de comunidad verificada

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    fastboot oem fb_mode_set
    fastboot erase modemst1
    fastboot erase modemst2
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot erase userdata
    fastboot erase DDR
    fastboot reboot
    Solved

well, I flashed the firmware WoKoschekk provided and the problem was solved. Kinda embarassing to flash the wrong firmware but let IT stay as advice for people who download from Stockrom.net, the might provide some wrong files.

Really thanks for the help.
    It appears Motorola has recommended to some users of G6 with Pie problems something called the "Lenovo Moto Smart Assistant", which is software they offer to do a "rescue" of any Motorola phone. It runs on Windows 7 and 10, and automatically downloads the correct stock firmware for the phone. It might be worth a try.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds101291
    I really appreciate WoKoschekk and Peabody424 for taking their time trying to help me. Looking into the build info from the ROM WoKoschekk provided me, I can see that the modem version is different, so this might solve the problem. Is very possible then that stockrom.net site is putting the incorrect ROM in the RETBR release channel. I honestly know very few about baseband and modem.

As soon I have some free time I will test both sugestions from you, but I wanted to thank the replies in advance and not leave the post without response.

In 2 or 3 days I will try to flash the ROM and update with a feedback.