[BASEBAND PATCHES] for Baseband -36 and -64

Search This thread

iridaki

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 21, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
Hello!

Many users have reported excessive battery drain and/or/due to intermittent loss of signal using the latest basebands.
I have been trying different basebands myself and found that baseband -36 gives the best combination in battery life and signal reception.

However, there are libraries in /system/lib that are related to baseband and, in my trials,
it seems that they made a difference in how the baseband was functioning in a different firmware than .368 (in which it initially shipped).
In other words, I've simply come to the conclusion that each baseband needs its appropriate libraries.

UPDATE for people asking which is the "best" baseband:
@All asking for which baseband fits best:
Please please DON'T start flashing basebands without thinking about now.
Normally ALWAYS use the baseband which comes with the ROM! For example SE always has the corresponding baseband included. This baseband fits the android libs it comes with.
On custom Roms please read what the developer of the customRom telly you. If he/she has developed the Rom for specific baseband libs.
All other things like baseband patches are tested and developed by other developers which know what they are doing. So if you use such a patch ALWAYS read the manual and the requirements. Because it CAN happen that it is NOT possible to use a GB baseband on a ICS rom and vice versa. The is a little more than "just" libs and firmware. Also the java part framework/base/com/java/internal/telephony....
has to fit the baseband (SE is very special here).

So i hope now you all understand. Please please please leave the decision which baseband is best and which is working to the devs who know what they are doing!!!!!! Don't come here and tell "i tried baeband xxxxx now my phone randomly disconnects data/voice/..."

Thanks

And now, here are the patches flashable in CMW recovery:

DOWNLOAD THE PATCH for -36
(It will NOT change your baseband!!!
It will only flash baseband's -36 libraries in your system.)

DOWNLOAD THE PATCH for -64
(It will NOT change your baseband!!!
It will only flash baseband's -64 libraries in your system.)

INSTRUCTIONS: Of course you need to be on STOCK SE ROM, on baseband -36 or -64* and on any other firmware other than .368 and .062.
Place the patch zip in your sdcard, boot into CMW, flash it, reboot and enjoy! :)
Works for Arc and Arc S. Tried it on .042 and .058 ROMs.

Even better instructions, by DooMLoRD:

step 1:
flash baseband FTF via flashtool

step 2:
boot device and go into recovery

step 3:
while in recovery mount USB storage and connect device to PC

step 4:
copy the patch flashable (update.zip) to sdcard

step 5:
unmount sdcard via PC & also via recovery menu

step 6:
flash this patch (update.zip) via recovery

step 7:
reboot and enjoy!!

u can skip step 3 to 5 if u already have the patch update.zip on sdcard

* Here is baseband -36, flashable ftf for FlashTool.
DOWNLOAD baseband -36 (thanks to erwin929)
If this file doesn't work for you, kindly find baseband -36 elsewhere.

* Here is baseband -64, flashable ftf for FlashTool.
DOWNLOAD baseband -64
If this file doesn't work for you, kindly find baseband -64 elsewhere.

NOTE: Test the new libraries for at least 1 day before reporting,
in order to have more thorough proof of the improvement or the lack of it for that matter.
Simply booting after flashing the patch and seeing less signal bars doesn't mean anything by itself.
After running your phone for several hours on battery you can see the battery graph,
in the About Phone section, and check for signal strength, signal loss, etc.

Mirros For Baseband Files:

Cheers!

Attachments

• screenshot_2011-12-23_2341.jpg
    screenshot_2011-12-23_2341.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 8,241
Last edited:

Azev

Dec 31, 2007
Metz
Ftf file doesn't work with flashtool.
I tested to flash the zip file with recovery, i'm still in .58 baseband.

Last edited:

iridaki

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 21, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
When I am going to flash the TFT file, will I lose any data? I am on stock rom.42 and on baseband -56.

Sent from my rooted LT15i using XDA App

No, no data loss whatsoever. :)

Ftf file doesn't work with flashtool.
I tested to flash the zip file with recovery, i'm still in .58 baseband.

Yes, of course you are, because you just flashed the patch.
The ftf file is not an either/or situation, you want to change baseband, you flash it.
And if you are on baseband -36, you need to apply the patch.

Reactions: pvyParts

LiveSquare

Aug 26, 2010
Singapore
Hello!

Many users have reported excessive battery drain and/or/due to intermittent loss of signal using the latest basebands.
I have been trying different basebands myself and found that baseband -36 gives the best combination in battery life and signal reception.

However, there are libraries in /system/lib that are related to baseband and, in my trials,
it seems that they made a difference in how the baseband was functioning in a different firmware than .368 (in which it initially shipped).
In other words, I've simply come to the conclusion that each baseband needs its appropriate libraries.

So, without further ado, here is the patch flashable in CMW recovery:
DOWNLOAD

INSTRUCTIONS: Of course you need to be on baseband -36 *** and on any other firmware other than .368.
Place in your sdcard, boot into CMW, flash it, reboot and enjoy! :)
Works for Arc and Arc S. Tried it on .042 and .058 ROMs but it should work on any stock ROM.

*** Here is baseband -36, flashable ftf for FlashTool.
DOWNLOAD

PS: I am uploading the ftf for the baseband itself too, but it's going to take a while with my speeds here. Stay tuned!

Cheers!
I've been using the baseband -36 on my .42 firmware for at least a month without any issues!! (I just took the .368 firmware and flashed the baseband only using the flashtool which stated to supports that option) So what issues are expected if the libraries are missing?

thatsupnow

Jan 31, 2011
Vernon
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 5
I've been using the baseband -36 on my .42 firmware for at least a month without any issues!! (I just took the .368 firmware and flashed the baseband only using the flashtool which stated to supports that option) So what issues are expected if the libraries are missing?

Yea I been flashing different basebands since last week with flashtool trying out different combos but mostly with .42 build. Right now I'm on doomkernel with -58 baseband and battery is way better than it was with stock .42 -56 baseband and with no issues at all

Sent from my R800a using XDA App

brezzz

Dec 21, 2010
When i select the .ftf in flashtool, it doesn't do anything, doesn't prepare it for flashing or anything???

Anyone else had this problem?

soldiers33

Nov 28, 2009
Im confused by the tutorial. Basically im on 56 baseband with .42 firmware. So how do I flash this? Cause on the instructions it says I need to have 36 baseband already :S

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

I dont think this works. I tried flashing the tft and all it does is says device connected and tft select then it doesnt say if its flashing it or anything. After waiting it just says device disconnected.

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
step 1:
flash baseband FTF via flashtool

step 2:
boot device and go into recovery

step 3:
while in recovery mount USB storage and connect device to PC

step 4:
copy the patch flashable (update.zip) to sdcard

step 5:
unmount sdcard via PC & also via recovery menu

step 6:
flash this patch (update.zip) via recovery

step 7:
reboot and enjoy!!

u can skip step 3 to 5 if u already have the patch update.zip on sdcard

iridaki

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 21, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
Guys, let me make this even more clear to you (I'll at least try):

1. This thread is mainly about the PATCH.
The said patch is a .zip file flashable with CMW recovery.
It will NOT change your baseband.
It will flash baseband's -36 libraries in your system.

2. The ftf I posted is baseband -36.
It will change your baseband to -36 after you flash it with FlashTool.
It works for me.
If it doesn't work for you, find baseband -36 elsewhere.

3. If you feel that running baseband -36 on a different firmware libs gives you stable results, just ignore this thread altogether.

I am only trying to help, but I swear I'm starting to regret it. :(

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone