• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Baseband/Radio] UGKK7

Search This thread

1wayjonny

Jan 3, 2007
When in fastboot the the radio was sent but the writing failed. Not sure why?

I also received an import from expansys but I had all US parts inside i regards to the charger.

Hmm just wanted to warn a few that this radio was giving trouble flashing for me.

Andrmgic

Jul 19, 2010
When in fastboot the the radio was sent but the writing failed. Not sure why?

I also received an import from expansys but I had all US parts inside i regards to the charger.

Hmm just wanted to warn a few that this radio was giving trouble flashing for me.

I got the same result.

I dumped my own radio using DD and it came out to be the same size as Jake's.. but I couldn't flash my own radio dump either.

there's clearly something different about the image created by DD and the packaged radio.img in the XXKK1 baseband thread..

The dumped radio is 16.8MB and the packaged one is 12.6MB.. packaged one will flash, but the dumped ones will not.

bakedjake

Oct 21, 2009
I'm new to Android, so I'm sorry I can't be of more help.

That said, I'm willing to dump whatever, so if anyone has any ideas I'm all ears.

Luxferro

Nov 19, 2009
Long Island, NY
My guess is the dumps are padded with a bunch of zeros at the end of the file. Deleting them with a hex editor will probably fix the fastboot flashing issues.

This is just my guess based on past experience with other devices. I haves even opened or tried these dumps.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

edit: here's a trimmed version of the dumped radio. I removed all the zeros at the end to it is exact same size of normal fastboot radio. Just unzip it first.
edit2: md5 of radio .img a657d315fb5b8da3d1529e78ae92b1ca

Attachments

• UGKK7_trimmed.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 1,562
Last edited:

aimetti

Nov 23, 2011
anyone try on ATT yet?

also the new expansys shipments came with that weird samsung build. I had issues with a bunch of stuff before flashing it to the standard google rom. Finally got the OTA package as well. Not sure if its the same issue or not.

1wayjonny

Jan 3, 2007
Yup that is what happened there is padding at the end.

**EDIT** Someone posted the radio already trimmed.

Last edited:

Andrmgic

Jul 19, 2010
the trimmed one flashed fine..

Speeds seem about the same..

signal seems to have improved, but I'm in a high signal area right now.. tonight will be the real test..

Luxferro

Nov 19, 2009
Long Island, NY
Yup that is what happened there is padding at the end, if I remove the padding it comes down to 19,290

Not the standard 12,289 I have not flashed it though but its looks like the radio is pulled though.

Some did flash the one from jake though do certain phones have space for 16MB?

I think that fastboot and CWR write the files differently, so it doesn't matter if there are zeros padded at the end when flashing from CWR. there's extra room I guess for possible files that take a little more space, and in the event of blocks being marked as bad in the nand.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

md5 on the trimmed ?

md5 a657d315fb5b8da3d1529e78ae92b1ca

Reactions: aimetti

aimetti

Nov 23, 2011
I think that fastboot and CWR write the files differently, so it doesn't matter if there are zeros padded at the end when flashing from CWR. there's extra room I guess for possible files that take a little more space, and in the event of blocks being marked as bad in the nand.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

md5 a657d315fb5b8da3d1529e78ae92b1ca

Thank you sir

Andrmgic

Jul 19, 2010
I wasn't going to risk CWR, though.. rebooting after a bad radio flash is a scary prospect :)

Appreciate the trimmed image.

1wayjonny

Jan 3, 2007
I know this is a KK7 radio but isnt UG lower than XX? BTW I am using the trimmed version now myself.

Andrmgic

Jul 19, 2010
I think UG is a region designation and not part of the version.

If someone who is more familiar with the subject would like to contribute, that would be great..

aimetti

Nov 23, 2011
You guys notice any better signal strength?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

Andrmgic

Jul 19, 2010
my signal is looking better.. but I've yet to go home, where my signal typically sucks.. will report back if its better when I get home.

1wayjonny

Jan 3, 2007
I have terrible reception in my office in certain areas and when using this radio I got almost no bars where I would get 3-4 with edge.

East Coast USA - Tmobile

I will test over the weekend and get back as a few hours is too early to tell.

DarkSi08

May 20, 2009
So, I took the plunge and flashed this, because I'm desperate for better signal strength. My battery life has been horrendous, and I'm sure it's because of my signal.

FYI, I pushed the truncated radio posted earlier, using fastboot. The flash worked great.

On my AT&T Galaxy S II, I would consistently have at LEAST 2 bars around the house, usually 3. I could go just about 2 days with that phone.

Since I switched to the GNex, I haven't been able to get more than 10 hours out of it, regardless of how I use it. I also noticed that I average about 15% of the time without a signal, whereas I never had anything over 0% on the GSII.

I work from home, so my usage doesn't change much. Neither does my tower proximity, etc. With the battery life some people are exhibiting on this phone, I have to believe it's because of my signal strength, since I now struggle to get more than 1 bar.

Well, good news - I'm now back to a consistent 2-3 bars at my desk, where I would have 0-1 bar, VERY occasionally 2 bars, with KK1 and KK6. I'm hoping this will improve the battery life, but that's a test for another day.

Obviously, based on the previous phone, this is on AT&T. I'm just on the outskirts of an HSPA+ area, so there are a lot of low-service areas around, but typically not a real issue. Even when I travel around the area on the weekends, I was never above 1-2% time without a signal. We'll see how this improves with the new radio, over the next couple of days. I'll post a follow-up then!

I hope this helps anyone who has been debating pushing this radio over.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

Picked up my phone from a Bell retail store today. I noticed that I have a baseband that doesn't seem to match anything I've seen here so far.

Unfortunately I have to take this one back tomorrow (the top right joint where the molded side pieces come together is splitting apart!), but if it helps I can do a dump tonight before I take it back. Please let me know if anyone is interested - I'm new to Android but would like to start getting involved.

build.prop:

Code:
    # begin build properties
    # autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
    ro.build.id=ITL41D
    ro.build.display.id=ITL41D.I9250UGKK7
    ro.build.version.incremental=I9250UGKK7
    ro.build.version.sdk=14
    ro.build.version.codename=REL
    ro.build.version.release=4.0.1
    ro.build.date=Fri Nov 18 20:54:44 KST 2011
    ro.build.date.utc=1321617284
    ro.build.type=user
    ro.build.user=se.infra
    ro.build.host=SEP-82
    ro.build.tags=release-keys
    ro.product.model=Galaxy Nexus
    ro.product.brand=samsung
    ro.product.name=yakjuux
    ro.product.device=maguro
    ro.product.board=tuna
    ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
    ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
    ro.product.manufacturer=samsung
    ro.product.locale.language=en
    ro.product.locale.region=US
    ro.wifi.channels=
    ro.board.platform=omap4
    # ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
    ro.build.product=maguro
    # Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
    ro.build.description=yakjuux-user 4.0.1 ITL41D I9250UGKK7 release-keys
    ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/yakjuux/maguro:4.0.1/ITL41D/I9250UGKK7:user/release-keys
    ro.build.characteristics=nosdcard

EDIT:

Radio_UGKK7_I9250-CWM.zip (posted by perka)

8227bfdc068ecdd70cd2b6bd87c8b4db
    Can someone post CWM flashable zip (UGKL1 radio) please? can't get to my PC anytime soon. Thanks ;)

Here it is!
    Yeah the link on the original post by perka is dead. And the other file is a download of the image not the radio itself. When I try to install it doesn't work.
    I need a link to the actual zip file that works.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Attached.
    Alright, I've posted it here

http://jake.io/android/UGKK7.img [16 MB]
    Anyone else receive an update recently to UGKL1? Just got the phone yesterday where it had KK7, and today after an OTA update it's KL1.

Yes, there have been confirmations from users on Bell and Virgin Mobile that they got an OTA update to UGKL1.

For those who are waiting for the OTA, you can also choose to manually update:
    http://android.clients.google.com/p...73ab08a37.yakjuux_update_ITL41D_to_ITL41F.zip

To be clear, this file is for yakjuux builds.