How To Guide Basic kernel tweaking and some overclocking

Search This thread

LAST_krypton

DISCLAIMER: I WAS NEVER, HAVE NEVER BEEN, AND WILL NEVER BE RESPONSIBLE OF ANY DAMAGES AGAINST YOUR DEVICES BY YOUR OWN MIS-OPERATIONS

Code:
# knox_bit_warranty:0x1
#
# Your warranty is now void
#
# You have been warned.
#
# I will laught at you if you point the finger at me.

Hello everyone, In this guide I will be showing you how to do some basic kernel tuning and some overclocking. I woun't really be going in advance in this guide because there is just sooo soo many things when it comes to kernel tweaking. I might one day make a follow up guide that will go in to advance but only time tells.

Make sure you have allready followed my guide for unlocking the bootloader and rooting or this guide is pointless.

Lets first argue about kernels.

There aren't many kernels when you talk about this device. There are mainly 2 kernels build and they are only for one model of this phone which isn't really good. If you are not on the A125F you are kindev out of luck with custom kernels for this device, only if you are capabel of building your own kernel which I woun't be expleaning in this guide. I think @physwizz has a guide on how to build a kernel in his telegram, that you will have to go search for. Please don't DM him about that. Anyway continueing on, if you are on the A125F model you can chose between these 2 kernels:
I on my A12 run rainbow kerenel, you don't necessary have to if you think physwizz's is better. Both are better then stock, and recomended.
Flashing is simple:
1. Boot in to TWRP
2. Tap on install
3. Find the kernel you want to flash and flash it
4. reboot

EDIT:
A127F TWRP and KERNEL released

ROMS

Woun't talk about this a lot, because it doesn't impact that much but it is still kindev important. If you are able to run a custom rom, I would recomend to do so. Stock samsung isn't really good, there is junk running in the backround which you can disable but It will take you a lot of time and some stuff will break apart. So if you are able to flash a custom rom, I would recomend flashing Linage Os R MOD (LIR)
Only problem is when you put your phone to sleep screen touch stops working, this is something with deep sleep on GSI roms.
Instructions on installing TWRP and custom rom:

EDIT:
A kernel is made both for A125F and A127F to fix display panel sleep issues.

TWEAKING AND OVERCLOCKING

Once you have setup Linage Os R MOD (LIR) and your kernel of choice you can install either SMART PACK or hKtweaks or anything you really want, it is up to you which one you want to use. hKtweaks and SMART PACK are similar and have almost the same settings. SMART PACK you can get on F-DROID and hKtweaks is on google play (please don't use google play but rather arura store)

Go in to SMART PACK and give it root_privlages and allow it to manage files. Go in to CPU options and set the CPU GOVERNOR for BIG and LITLE cluster on PERFORMANCE. Set the CPU MAXIMUM AND CPU MINIMUM frequency on BIG and LITLE cluster on maximum speeds. Make sure all cores are checked and the option applay on boot is checked.

Go in to GPU options and set GPU Maximum Frequency to the maximum you can set. Make sure applay on boot is checked

In battery options you can turn on adaptive fast charging and set it to applay on boot.

Go in MISC and set SELinux State to Permissive, set Force Doze to disabled, uncheck Auto-sync Data, uncheck leases enable, set every CPU sets on 0-7 cpu cores. and set it to applay on boot

Go in to Virtual Memory and enable Z-RAM. Increase Disksize to maximum in Z-RAM options, set the Z-RAM algorithm to lz4.
In virtual memory tunable's increase swappiness to 170.

EDITING BUILD PROP
In smart pack go in to Build prop Editor. And now prepare for editing and adding build prop keys(or if you know what your doing, it will take you 5 min :)))))) ). Here is a list of Build Prop Keys to edit. If they don't exist create them.

ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=0
ring.delay=0
net.tethering.noprovisioning=true
ro.wifi.channels=11
ro.lcd_min_brightness=40
ro.lcd_brightness=160
ro.config.nocheckin=1
ro.mot.eri.losalert.delay=1000
pm.sleep_mode=1
debug.bt.lowspeed=true
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=240
persist.sys.purgeable_assets=1

These other ones are optional because they are TCP/IP tweaks

net.tcp.buffersize.default=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
net.tcp.buffersize.wifi=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
net.tcp.buffersize.umts=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
net.tcp.buffersize.gprs=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
net.tcp.buffersize.hsdpa=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
net.tcp.buffersize.edge=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960

Credit for thoes build prop keys:

LINKS AND OTHER STUFF

If you really want to go hard like me then these guides, tools and mods might help.

Go figure.

Last edited:

Coolhands#07

Jan 28, 2022
Hello sir, i was able to unlock the bootloader, root with magisk v23 and then successfully install twrp.. and now i am trying to install custom kernel.. i already tried the physwizz v2 and rainbow v4 but both of them causes either bootloop or endless reboot.. can you help me how to install the kernel? Thank you sir..

Screenshot_20220129-010411_Settings.jpg Screenshot_20220129-010357.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts