Question Battery Charging problem after recent update

Search This thread

abdulhamid1978

Nov 10, 2011
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
I recently updated my phone to CPH2173_11_C.48 (April 2022 Security).

When the phone is on the fast charging shows but the battery % does not increase, in fact the battery drains when used.

The only way I can get it to charge is by first connecting the charger and then turning off the phone. After it starts charging (and the charging % increases), I can then turn the phone on and it charges properly even whilst using the phone to watch videos.

The only thing I have done recently is to update to the latest firmware.

Any ideas what the issue may be?

abdulhamid1978

Nov 10, 2011
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Noticed something a bit weird, I connected the phone to my PC and it is charging slowly (normal charge, not fast charge). When plugged into an outlet, it shows fast charging but the % does not go up (unless the phone is off).

Could this be a software issue with fast charging? Any way to fix other than to try factory reset?

abdulhamid1978

Nov 10, 2011
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
If you do the above process then unplug and plug straight back in, does the problem replicate?

Does it only happen below or above a certain battery%?
The culprit looks to be fast charge at lower battery %. I can slow charge at lower battery with the phone on and fast charge at higher % ( around70% +). Whilst off, fast charge works at any % battery.

Could this be software or hardware issue. Problem persists even after factory reset.