• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Battery discussion

Search This thread

thebrohluis

Dec 6, 2014
On 4.4.4 I used to be able to get 5-5:30 ost but since updating it to lollipop and beyond I nearly get 4-4:30 I want to know if anybody els has been getting this issue or how to fix it and yes all the bells and whistles are turned off

samep

Dec 8, 2011
Are you using freeza Beastmode kernel? Are you on the OG5 modem? These have been my most recent bumps in battery capacity; the biggest since KitKat actually.
2136088fe9c137715ae0beb09006d197.jpg
0647190e1db12502920b6d46f8a744f2.jpg
98b4b0a9b2f059dc9f091b9a2466d9df.jpg

Heavy usage today but ready to plugin and charge for tomorrow. The usage for apps shown is a bit higher than usual but the overall stats and SOT are darn good. Running OB7/OB7 bootloader/ customized with Xposed/OG5 modem and Beastmode kernel. Maybe the improved battery comes from the OG5 stuff.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

samep

Dec 8, 2011
How do you do this??? I disabled basic everything and have my screen at half and on WiFi most of the time and nearly get 4 hours
Debloated ROM, freeze or delete apps that waste away at the battery, use auto brightness. Look for apps that wake excessively. Have you tried L Speed Mod? It will make Google Services behave. I use that with default settings, dump third party apps' cache and browser cache (including Google Play and Google Play Services) every 12 hours on a schedule and use an app by chain fire called recently to keep apps from running so much unneeded. Watch for rogue or faulty apps in the Xposed error log. Source close browser and other apps that like to keep running with back to kill app and use an ad blocker.

But really I think it has more to do with being indoors mostly on Wi-Fi and using Wi-Fi calling that gets those results. I have to credit the 5.1.1 kernel and modem too. OB7 wasn't always this good.

Half screen brightness would most likely to bright for me. What's wrong with auto brightness? It may save you some battery.

thebrohluis

Dec 6, 2014
I used to do a lot of that disable things I didn't need like s voice and bloat but for some reaons I didn't reason calls or text and I credit that to all the mods I did with the phone so I haven't really moded in a while but since then I get bad battery life, and no I used to use auto brightness but then afew days ago I realized whats the point of not enjoying your phone how you want to. But dam you sure do a lot, none of that has any negative impacts>?

samep

Dec 8, 2011
Not really. I go with what works. Some users just aren't happy with some things and change this and that until more content with it.

thebrohluis

Dec 6, 2014
i did everything you said , got recently and also l speed rom, put the freza kernel. but my question is how do you put a scheduler? and how do you find out which apps run in the back round? if you uninstall google apps and apps that are form Samsung would that effect in anyway the phone?

samep

Dec 8, 2011

samep

Dec 8, 2011
Frozen
7cd6e9cc3ca1f1a49412260c1bae8c07.jpg

Uninstalled
Accuweather
FlipboardBriefing FlipboardFBAppManager
FBMessenger_stub
FBPagesManager_stub
BInstagram_stub