• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Battery drain and glitchy fingerprint sensor ?

Search This thread

Dotxck

Jul 14, 2018
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a Realme 8 Pro that landed home 2 days ago, my previous phone was a Huwei P30 Pro I bought in 2019 and I have to admit that the power consumption is a bit weird/disappointing.

Despite the 8 Pro having a bigger battery than the P30 Pro, battery seems to drain faster for unknow reason, I've enabled every options available in order to save as much energy as possible but it still very far from what I may have experienced with other phones 🤷‍♂️

I'm even using Pixel Filter in order to save some battery by disabling led tiles but it doesn't seem to help that much :/

Is anyone here sharing the same feeling ? I've heard that this issue was already adressed in a previous update from Realme.

Same goes for the fingerprint sensor, I had my fingerprints correctly set but sometime it will unlock the phone and sometime it won't, very very annoying.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Muthurajaca

oowee

May 7, 2019
i have the same thing with fingerprint sensor. Sometimes it works, sometimes not...

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a Realme 8 Pro that landed home 2 days ago, my previous phone was a Huwei P30 Pro I bought in 2019 and I have to admit that the power consumption is a bit weird/disappointing.

Despite the 8 Pro having a bigger battery than the P30 Pro, battery seems to drain faster for unknow reason, I've enabled every options available in order to save as much energy as possible but it still very far from what I may have experienced with other phones 🤷‍♂️

I'm even using Pixel Filter in order to save some battery by disabling led tiles but it doesn't seem to help that much :/

Is anyone here sharing the same feeling ? I've heard that this issue was already adressed in a previous update from Realme.

Same goes for the fingerprint sensor, I had my fingerprints correctly set but sometime it will unlock the phone and sometime it won't, very very annoying.
Hi,
Am too facing the same problems as you mentioned, probably a custom rom would fix our problem. Soon expecting a custom rom for our device.