Question Battery drain by gallery app

Search This thread

RGJ007

Nov 9, 2015
Redmi Note 10 Pro
I recently facing battery drain by Gallery app.i have tried to find the issue but there is no background data usage and even i restricted the app. Anybody if you know the solution then let me know almost half battery is drained by gallery and i need to charge my device twice.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-11-29-08-37-34-924_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-11-29-08-37-34-924_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    311 KB · Views: 174
Reactions: pinkballz

pinkballz

Dec 8, 2022
I recently facing battery drain by Gallery app.i have tried to find the issue but there is no background data usage and even i restricted the app. Anybody if you know the solution then let me know almost half battery is drained by gallery and i need to charge my device twice.
Same problem that Xiaomi Gallery App drains Battery in Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro.

What did I do to fix it? (temporarily)
I just deleted all the data and cache from the gallery app and I also disabled background battery usage, background wifi and data usage and removed all permissions from gallery + i don't open the app anymore. (This is just a temporary solution, you will lose some of the features of the device but you can enable them later when you fix the corrupted file(s).
Until I find the corrupted file(s) I will not use the gallery app anymore because I lost half of my battery every day to the gallery app. You can try the method I used or a fix of the different steps I took and see what is suitable for your needs.

How can you fix it permanently? (maybe)
You can install MP4Fix or DiskDigger from Play Store (or download DiskDIgger official apk) and hope that it finds all the corrupted files. Another way to find the corrupted files is to compare all the files from the File Explorer and the Gallery app and see what is missing but it will take a long time and it may still show the corrupted file in the Gallery. Other more serious ways to fix it is by erasing all data (factory reset) or rooting your phone and using a custom rom but be aware you will lose all your data.

How to see the live battery drain on your device?
Also another app to see if your battery is being discharged very fast is Charge Meter (you can download from Play Store),
my device normally draws ~150-300mAh but when I have the gallery app open it draws ~900-1000mAh

Hope this helps!
(I am not a technician and whatever you do with your device I am not responsible. I am not affiliated with any of the apps that I have listed above you can use your own preference of apps if you want. Feel free to contact me if you want to exchange information or ask more questions.)

pinkballz

Dec 8, 2022
Is there any app or way to find corrupted pictures and video because I have around 20000+pics so it's hard to find.

corince

Dec 19, 2022
I got this issue too in a time from night to morning, and I woke up and saw that my battery was drained by Gallery, I also have the same device, and I tried to find some corrupted images by comparing Gallery app, and file manager, but i dont know if it worked. Im here to ask how do I find corrupted images with DiskDigger what do i do when i scan files with it??

pinkballz

Dec 8, 2022
I got this issue too in a time from night to morning, and I woke up and saw that my battery was drained by Gallery, I also have the same device, and I tried to find some corrupted images by comparing Gallery app, and file manager, but i dont know if it worked. Im here to ask how do I find corrupted images with DiskDigger what do i do when i scan files with it??
DiskDigger is just a tool to help you clean your storage so it doesn't find corrupted files, it cleans traces of files you have previously deleted (in some cases files may have not been deleted right). If you want to find a corrupted video use MP4Fix that worked in my case. For corrupted photos you can search the Play Store for an app or search the internet for apps that you can later download the .apk file. I have not yet found an app for corrupted photos but when I do I will post an edit to my recommended solutions, if you find an app that works please share the information to the forum.

Reactions: corince

corince

Dec 19, 2022
DiskDigger is just a tool to help you clean your storage so it doesn't find corrupted files, it cleans traces of files you have previously deleted (in some cases files may have not been deleted right). If you want to find a corrupted video use MP4Fix that worked in my case. For corrupted photos you can search the Play Store for an app or search the internet for apps that you can later download the .apk file. I have not yet found an app for corrupted photos but when I do I will post an edit to my recommended solutions, if you find an app that works please share the information to the forum.
I deleted some pics and videos from today via pc and I think issue went away, I just rebooted phone after I deleted them and for now theres no more Gallery in battery usage stats :)

pinkballz

Dec 8, 2022
I deleted some pics and videos from today via pc and I think issue went away, I just rebooted phone after I deleted them and for now theres no more Gallery in battery usage stats :)
So happy to hear that, unfortunately in my phone it is still problematic so I just disabled the gallery app again.

May I ask where the pictures were located in your phone (ex. DCIM folder, Viber folder) and how they got there (ex. downloaded from chrome, camera, viber, instagram e.t.c)? And also if the pictures were showing just fine on the gallery and files apps and how many pictures did you delete.

If you like you can private message me to share this information, if you don't want no hard feelings I just want to help others and myself with the same problem. More information we share, we make it more helpful for others! 😁👍

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The gallery was apparently scanning for a random corrupted image, delete it and the drain will go away