• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Battery drain cellular when idle

Search This thread

Atilla6775

Dec 2, 2021
Im getting around 8 hours sot which is great but i noticed that when it's on stand by, the battery drains with 2%/hour. On my note 10+ it was 0.5%/hour. So I tested a lot of things and I found out that when i turn on airplane mode (wifi on or off doesn't matter) that it drains only 0.4%/hour. It's even better than the note 10+. So it must be caused by the cellular but I don't know how to fix it. I didn't even use mobile data. Does anyone know what to do?

Reactions: decomposed

ShinichiYao

Dec 25, 2014
Try this. And force 4G mode
Screenshot_20211203-084715.png

kevinmcmurtrie

Aug 22, 2015
Welcome to the advertising and spyware driven wasteland of modern tech. I disabled background cellular data for a ton of apps that have no approved business using it, and that cut the drain significantly. Intermittent cellular data also consumes more power in NSA 5G mode.

I still can't block Sony's Game Engine and it's moving hundreds of MB without being turned on.

Atilla6775

Dec 2, 2021
I found the solution. I have don't disturb option and data saving ON. In don't disturb option i exclude some apps and all calls and messages because I need them. So I only get notifications from apps i want to. The data saving app limits apps from using internet in the background. With this i get 0.4% battery drain on hour with cellular and wifi.

Screenshot_20211204-115050.png

alleshi

Account currently disabled
May 7, 2009
REPUBLIC OF KOSOVA
Welcome to the advertising and spyware driven wasteland of modern tech. I disabled background cellular data for a ton of apps that have no approved business using it, and that cut the drain significantly. Intermittent cellular data also consumes more power in NSA 5G mode.

I still can't block Sony's Game Engine and it's moving hundreds of MB without being turned on.
download ADB AppControl
and uninstal or disable whatever u need

akitomartin

Apr 12, 2016
With this latest update the battery drain got worse: 2% per hour. I have tried as they have commented here to use the data saver, now I am in 4G (5G, 120hz refresh off) but the only way to stop this drain is to activate Stamina mode (Which restricts the functions too much). In stamina mode the off screen general consumption is 0.3%. and I don't use games, only messages and occasionally Twitter.
I have also tried Factory reset and Repair from the Xperia companion but the results are the same.
What is the point of having all these functions: 120hz , 5G, if we cannot use them? We can't even leave the phone on standby because it consumes more than it should.
Thank you guys!

Last edited:

JDC2389

Apr 3, 2011
With this latest update the battery drain got worse: 2% per hour. I have tried as they have commented here to use the data saver, now I am in 4G (5G, 120hz refresh off) but the only way to stop this drain is to activate Stamina mode (Which restricts the functions too much). In stamina mode the off screen general consumption is 0.3%. and I don't use games, only messages and occasionally Twitter.
I have also tried Factory reset and Repair from the Xperia companion but the results are the same.
What is the point of having all these functions: 120hz , 5G, if we cannot use them? We can't even leave the phone on standby because it consumes more than it should.
Thank you guys!
Root, debloat, and install Freaks custom kernel, greenify rogue apps that you still need etc. The drain will get better! ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Im getting around 8 hours sot which is great but i noticed that when it's on stand by, the battery drains with 2%/hour. On my note 10+ it was 0.5%/hour. So I tested a lot of things and I found out that when i turn on airplane mode (wifi on or off doesn't matter) that it drains only 0.4%/hour. It's even better than the note 10+. So it must be caused by the cellular but I don't know how to fix it. I didn't even use mobile data. Does anyone know what to do?

I found the solution. I have don't disturb option and data saving ON. In don't disturb option i exclude some apps and all calls and messages because I need them. So I only get notifications from apps i want to. The data saving app limits apps from using internet in the background. With this i get 0.4% battery drain on hour with cellular and wifi.

Screenshot_20211204-115050.png

download ADB AppControl
    and uninstal or disable whatever u need