• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Battery Drain Diagnosing

Search This thread

Zaxx32

Mar 23, 2019
Morgantown
Moto G5 Plus
Moto G7
Not for general functions...just do the ADB perms., same with Guru. Also...u have to complete a charge/discharge cycle before u see anything on BBS. U should go back a few releases on Guru, I had a glitch reading charge voltage & wakelocks. Went back a couple releases n alls well as per my posts in the XDA Guru thread.

badtlc

Jan 28, 2013
KC
Not for general functions...just do the ADB perms., same with Guru. Also...u have to complete a charge/discharge cycle before u see anything on BBS. U should go back a few releases on Guru, I had a glitch reading charge voltage & wakelocks. Went back a couple releases n alls well as per my posts in the XDA Guru thread.

I used BBS a few years ago. Does that charge/recharge need to be 100% charge? I only charge my phone to about 65% every two days.

Zaxx32

Mar 23, 2019
Morgantown
Moto G5 Plus
Moto G7
That's not an actual hardware limit, but a figure for it to use in it's many calcs I believe.

Are u rooted btw? If not...you must enter the ADB permissions.

If you want precise figures then yeah, enter ur actual #'s and make sure it's showing your correct
battery capacity. If you're telling it you're only charging to 65%, make you catch it and unplug or the
accuracy won't be there.

badtlc

Jan 28, 2013
KC
Just to update this....after much testing, tweaking, etc. The primary drain on my battery in standby looks to be cellular signal. I'm not sure why but when I place my phone in one spot, BBS will tell me I get "great signal" and battery drain is gone. I'll put the phone back down in the exact same spot but the next time will only be "good signal." It seems my signal quality randomly changes for some unknown reason.

Top Liked Posts