Question [Battery Drain ISSUE] S21 Ultra 512Gb/16Gb Exynos, Pics with 3 Different Scenarios in Post , BATTERYEXPERTS HELP!

Search This thread

karandevilocs

Dec 6, 2010
Try Gallaxy Labs Battery Tracker, that's all I use most times.
I never use the fingerprint scanner.
AOD was never an issue but Goggle Backup Transport, Framework and Google Play Services are.
Those can cause excessive usage when on AOD on my setup. AOD battery usage should be around .6-1% @ hr max.

galaxy labs modules doesn't work on android 11,

also there is no Goggle Backup Transport, Framework in apps, maybe you're on older android/device so the methods are different for different devices and OS versions :)

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

• Jun 23, 2020
    galaxy labs modules doesn't work on android 11,

also there is no Goggle Backup Transport, Framework in apps, maybe you're on older android/device so the methods are different for different devices and OS versions :)

Interesting. Was afraid Battery Tracker be rendered useless by 10/11.
    I haven't played wit 10 or 11 and hope I don't have to.
    So what apk does Google use to do its backup on 11?

Sep 12, 2008
    Zurich
    Exynos version herer

I have the phone since Monday and before the January 1st update the phone was NOT DEPLETING the battery over night.
    Last night I went to bed around midnight and the battery was at 28%, this morning I woke up around 8 and the phone was dead, it's ****ing horrible. I am tired of looking up stuff on the internet on how to stop the drain, a phone that costs 1300 euro should be ****ING flawless.

lywyn

Jul 19, 2010
    UK Exynos version. Pretty standard config with adaptive refresh andWQHD+ plus on. Light usage of around 1 - 1.5 hours SOT and getting 3 days before almost dead. I do not have 5G in my area which I believe is the biggest battery drain issue.

If you are on 5G available it will drain fast as it has to keep a 4G/3G connection running as well to do calls/texts as 5G is data only.

Reactions: blinkin

mankvl

Apr 2, 2011
    Kaunas
    Exynos version herer

I have the phone since Monday and before the January 1st update the phone was NOT DEPLETING the battery over night.
    Last night I went to bed around midnight and the battery was at 28%, this morning I woke up around 8 and the phone was dead, it's ****ing horrible. I am tired of looking up stuff on the internet on how to stop the drain, a phone that costs 1300 euro should be ****ING flawless.
    Not a phone problem, some app was running in the background check your logs.

• Angry
    Reactions: blinkin

amirage

• Sep 1, 2010
    Dubai
    OnePlus Nord N100
    My battery on my S21 Ultra, 512GB, Exynos model has been outstanding.

When WiFi is on, I turn mobile data off
    GPS is off
    FHD+ display with 120hz
    Adaptive brightness
    Mail sync off
    I don't play games on my phone, so no games installed.

I'm at 30% battery with nearly 7hrs SOT.
    Boss, I'm sorry to say this but exactly is the point of having an S21Ultra 512GB with almost everything scaled back to the specs of a 200$ phone? No GPS, no data, no sync, no games! Please don't take this in the wrong way but I don't see the point of paying $1200+ when the apps you have used on it are mostly Chrome, YouTube....

speedyjay

Oct 22, 2011
    Farnborough
    Boss, I'm sorry to say this but exactly is the point of having an S21Ultra 512GB with almost everything scaled back to the specs of a 200$ phone? No GPS, no data, no sync, no games! Please don't take this in the wrong way but I don't see the point of paying $1200+ when the apps you have used on it are mostly Chrome, YouTube....

No GPS because I don't like the idea of being tracked by whoever and whatever.

No data enabled because I'm connected to WiFi 99% of the time. So it's pointless keeping data on.

No games installed because that's what I have my 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" for. 12.9" of gaming at 120fps...

No auto sync because I manually backup my phone once every 3 days anyway, in case something gets missed.

Did I miss anything?

I don't use my phone for anything intensive. I'm a tech whore, I have to have the latest and greatest. That's just the way I am. Most people would say I have more money than sense, but that's why the UK has great contract offers on Vodafone UK :)

Reactions: zenaldo

amirage

• Sep 1, 2010
    Dubai
    OnePlus Nord N100

No data enabled because I'm connected to WiFi 99% of the time. So it's pointless keeping data on.

No games installed because that's what I have my 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" for. 12.9" of gaming at 120fps...

No auto sync because I manually backup my phone once every 3 days anyway, in case something gets missed.

Did I miss anything?

I don't use my phone for anything intensive. I'm a tech whore, I have to have the latest and greatest. That's just the way I am. Most people would say I have more money than sense, but that's why the UK has great contract offers on Vodafone UK :)
    Well, case well made! The only point I don't agree with is not having GPS on since your phone will be tracked as long as it's connected to the internet. But with GPS on, you get some nice location services whilst you can disable the GPS for apps that don't want...

adamlee2012

Jun 11, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
    Yesterday my battery drained quick and phone was hot. After checking CPU load it was stuck on 100%. Rebooted and it's stopped now but could be something acting up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210209-190714_Cpu Monitor.jpg
      Screenshot_20210209-190714_Cpu Monitor.jpg
      891 KB · Views: 116

zenaldo

Mar 19, 2011
    São Paulo

Did I miss anything?

"I'm a tech whore."

I had never found before a better definition for what I'm. 😂

Apr 19, 2009
    Well I can tell you I was only getting 4hr of sot with regular usage and about 20% battery loss when phone was sleeping over night off the charger. I almost sent it back. I installed the u1 firmware and now I'm able to hit 8hr sot and 22hr battery life. First day after firmware install I have a Verizon phone and 256gig model the firmware I installed doesn't include all the crap Verizon ships the phone with so I'm not sure if it was all that junk or maybe an update that was applied to the phone after shipping it out. The build date I'm running now is January 2021 either way I am finally happy with this phone hope you guys figure it out as I did it was not fun. Oh and I have also removed all the unwanted apps via adb commands

matty100147

Aug 7, 2016
    Belfast
    the first week i had the s21 ultra i was on the verge of sending it back due to the battery drain, my 3 year old mate 10pro which battery was seriously degrading was even better than the s21 ultra even on aeroplane it was losing 3% an hour but since the February update everything is fixed, i now only lose 1% overnight and on light to medium usage i have around 75% left after the first day and thats with around 2hr30-3HR SOT, so maybe the update will fix all the battery issues you guys are having to? cos for me now the s21 ultra battery is a beast

Quazza

Oct 22, 2013
    the first week i had the s21 ultra i was on the verge of sending it back due to the battery drain, my 3 year old mate 10pro which battery was seriously degrading was even better than the s21 ultra even on aeroplane it was losing 3% an hour but since the February update everything is fixed, i now only lose 1% overnight and on light to medium usage i have around 75% left after the first day and thats with around 2hr30-3HR SOT, so maybe the update will fix all the battery issues you guys are having to? cos for me now the s21 ultra battery is a beast

So it sounds like the Feb update sorted a lot of the issues for you ?

I need that update ....

matty100147

Aug 7, 2016
    Belfast
    So it sounds like the Feb update sorted a lot of the issues for you ?

I need that update ....
    well i received 2 updates in 3 days (from UK) the first update ended with AUB3 and it helped the battery a wee bit, but the second update which ended in AUB6 really sorted the battery drain issue for me, im now impressed with the battery on this phone so keep an eye for the AUB6 update with the Feb security patch

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Well guys I’m sad to say I though I had over come my battery issues on the s21 ultra but I had not I was only getting 4hr of SOT so I was forced to trade it in and I got the iPhone 12 Pro Max and I have to say I don’t enjoy the iOS software but the battery life on this phone is insane. I had 7:30 hr SOT yesterday with 60% battery left. That’s what I was expecting with the s21 but the store rep told me that they where having a lot of issues with battery life and heating problems on the s21 that it was a hit or miss kinda thing so I sent it back. No regrets. Hope you guys figure it out.
      Install a 3rd party launcher and get rid of One UI Home. Thats a massive resource hogger!

That's not necessary at all. I haven't changed my launcher at all and I have no issues at all with resources or battery life. I easily can go a full day without a charge, and have gone over 24 hours on a charge many times now.

GPS is off
      FHD+ display with 120hz
      Adaptive brightness
      Mail sync off

GPS is off
      FHD+ display with 120hz
      Adaptive brightness
      Mail sync off

I've found
      HEY GUYS, i included everyone to get the last feedback from you all:

So i think it's getting better this is from 90% to 2% yesterday to today, with 6.15hrs of SOT and ~19hrs of Batterylife, BTW i ran 3dmark (slingshot) and androbench and tried new games too so it was fairly more than normal usage ;

I disabled AOD and fingerprint always on, deleted Smartthings and cleared Play Services cache also i did put 265apps to regular sleep.

Things that i didn't change were: The wifi was alwasy on, bluetooth was on for the majority of the time too, sync on, WQHD+ 120hz, NFC on, and since there is no reception here i put the phone on Airplane mode i still have my goodlock mods and secure folder stuff there too.

And about the SMART SWITCH, I just want to show you guys that i only moved my media and contacts/messages to the new phone and not the settings.

Check them out:

View attachment 5206509View attachment 5206511View attachment 5206513View attachment 5206515View attachment 5206517

Good or Bad?

So I always used tap for AOD (with option for fingerprint sensor to show when AOD turns on) as well as a routine for AOD always on when charging, best of both worlds and its an unnecessary drain in my eyes anyway.

I was worried at the battery life I was getting (had the phone from the 28th) but does seem to be gradually improving. I also removed GSAM and Accubattery so I wasn't constantly checking (and they run quite heavy in the background, like 500mb between them).

The other thing to remember is when people are showing battery of over a day, there's like 7-8 hours where it just idles loses 3/4/5%, so the battery life isn't really much better, so 24 hours of usage with 6 hours SOT really isn't that different to 18 hours with 6 hours SOT:)

Hopefully the improvements keep coming, honestly I'd delete the battery tracking apps and just use the in built one seeing as there isn't a clear drain from anything, you'll stop worrying and checking it all the time, thus saving more battery lol