• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Battery drain issues

Search This thread
Jan 3, 2012
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Hi guys,

I keep having weird battery behaviour which led me to believe, that the battery is not properly calibrated:
When charged to 100%, the phone usually stays at 100% for a few hours depending on usage. Around 40% however it keeps dropping 1% every 2-3 seconds until after a few minutes it is drained completely and switches off.

Did anyone else notice that kind of behaviour? (Some guys on Reddit are facing the same issues)
And does anyone know a fix except waiting for a custom rom?

Thanks and all the best.
Jay

Reactions: sushuguru

sushuguru

Oct 30, 2016
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Hi guys,

I keep having weird battery behaviour which led me to believe, that the battery is not properly calibrated:
When charged to 100%, the phone usually stays at 100% for a few hours depending on usage. Around 40% however it keeps dropping 1% every 2-3 seconds until after a few minutes it is drained completely and switches off.

Did anyone else notice that kind of behaviour? (Some guys on Reddit are facing the same issues)

Thanks and all the best.
Jay
Same here, I didn't notice the battery after 40% but the phone stays at 100% for a really long time, I played Honkai Impact at max setting and it still manages to stay at 100% for an hour, mb it's software issue, I'm on 12.5.7 Global btw.

austick

Aug 5, 2010
you have to calibrate the battery.

- discharge the battery until the phone turns off
- with a slow charger (10 / 25w) charge the mobile OFF
- once it reaches 100% (1-2 hrs) wait another 2 hours.
- Power up and test.

This method usually solves this problem, it is important to use a slow charger and only use the 120w one when it is really necessary. It seems that some batteries have not been properly calibrated

Jan 3, 2012
Xiaomi 11T Pro

- Power up and test.

This method usually solves this problem, it is important to use a slow charger and only use the 120w one when it is really necessary. It seems that some batteries have not been properly calibrated
Thanks, I'll try to do that with a slow charger.
After it reached 100% still keep the phone on charge for the next two hours or just wait two hours to power up?

sushuguru

Oct 30, 2016
Xiaomi 11T Pro

- Power up and test.

It does fix something, now my phone can stay till 1% without turning at 3% like before, thanks.

Reactions: austick

rafik1976xda

Oct 2, 2015
colchester
I'm on 12.5.13.0 EEA, same problem. Phone stay at 100% for hours, then when power dropped to 35-30% weird thing happened, it keeps dropping 1% every 2-3 seconds until after a few minutes it is drained completely and switches off.
Then it takes 5-10 minutes to start again
I will try to calibrate the battery tonight

nousernamesorry

Feb 15, 2016
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Hi, I was facing a similar issue.

I have used 3 chargers. 120W (stock), 10W (samsung), 65W (Anker). I was worried about my battery life, so decided to ditch the 120W charger which was also not giving me a good enough battery life, considering its a 5000 mah phone.

Im not paid by anker or something, but I saw a major difference between SOT compared with stock and samsung charger as well. I dont know why this is working out so well, but im getting 7+Hrs SOT easily, on heavy usage. AndI have been getting consistent results from the past week since i switched to anker. I genuinely dont know why or how this is working. But if it works, it works.

Im assuming due to the 120W quick charge, the battery calibration gets messed up. But idk how to explain the longer duration of SOT on the anker charger.

Ps. I dont use 5G

Last edited:

austick

Aug 5, 2010
Hi, I was facing a similar issue.

I have used 3 chargers. 120W (stock), 10W (samsung), 65W (Anker). I was worried about my battery life, so decided to ditch the 120W charger which was also not giving me a good enough battery life, considering its a 5000 mah phone.

Im not paid by anker or something, but I saw a major difference between SOT compared with stock and samsung charger as well. I dont know why this is working out so well, but im getting 7+Hrs SOT easily, on heavy usage. AndI have been getting consistent results from the past week since i switched to anker. I genuinely dont know why or how this is working. But if it works, it works.

Im assuming due to the 120W quick charge, the battery calibration gets messed up. But idk how to explain the longer duration of SOT on the anker charger.

Ps. I dont use 5G
yes, I don't think you are very far from the problem. I also think that charging the mobile at 120w spoils the calibration of the battery so I use it only at specific times. I use a standard 15w charger (approx 2hrs)

Vixito

Nov 26, 2021
Xiaomi 11T Pro
I recently purchased this cell phone, and I am experiencing this problem. I have disabled almost everything, and uninstalled blotware. Should I calibrate the battery to improve battery drain?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

Thanks and all the best.
    Jay

- Power up and test.

It does fix something, now my phone can stay till 1% without turning at 3% like before, thanks.