• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Battery Drain problem

Search This thread

Forcelord50

Apr 17, 2011
I've been noticing that I've had severe battery drain issues over the last couple weeks (barely getting 13 hours of use and maybe 3-4 hours of screen time), and I think I've got the solution.

Looks like Tiktok has been draining my phone via push notifications (I get maybe 10-15 a day). Noticed this morning that I've had about 1.5 hours of screen time from Tiktok in the last 24 hours, but somehow had 10.5 hours (34%) of my battery drained.

I'm changing Tiktok's battery usage profile from Optimized to Restricted to help cut back on the drain from the push notifications, and I'll report back in a couple days with updates.

I noticed today I'd used 40% of my battery in the first 4 hours of being awake, but the phone has only drained an additional 8% in the last 2 hours since I changed that battery profile.

Reactions: hyelton

k9r4n16

Mar 29, 2019
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 9
Any updates on this? Just changed the battery profile and notification settings for TikTok, hopefully I'll get more screen on time usage without changing to 60 Hz.

Forcelord50

Apr 17, 2011
Any updates on this? Just changed the battery profile and notification settings for TikTok, hopefully I'll get more screen on time usage without changing to 60 Hz.
It helped some, but wasn't a true fix. Still on the hunt for improvements. I also have one of the phones that runs pretty hot, so I might be doing a factory reset and doing some more testing soon.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've been noticing that I've had severe battery drain issues over the last couple weeks (barely getting 13 hours of use and maybe 3-4 hours of screen time), and I think I've got the solution.

Looks like Tiktok has been draining my phone via push notifications (I get maybe 10-15 a day). Noticed this morning that I've had about 1.5 hours of screen time from Tiktok in the last 24 hours, but somehow had 10.5 hours (34%) of my battery drained.

I'm changing Tiktok's battery usage profile from Optimized to Restricted to help cut back on the drain from the push notifications, and I'll report back in a couple days with updates.

I noticed today I'd used 40% of my battery in the first 4 hours of being awake, but the phone has only drained an additional 8% in the last 2 hours since I changed that battery profile.