• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Battery drain?

Search This thread

observingi

Mar 19, 2011
Does this device consume too much of battery? I have checked for apps consuming battery when device is sleeping, but could not find any app keeping it awake.
Data 2G and wifi,when on, consumes too much battery, it seems to me.

Thanks

observingi

Mar 19, 2011
I use leandroid to toggle net connectivity. It turns wifi/data on every 10 minutes for 2 minutes. Connectivity stays on if screen unlocked (turns data off when screen locked again)
Even with this managed use and screen time of around 2 hours, battery gets down to almost 50% in around 7-8 hours.
I am coming from an MTK device, MTK was really power efficient.
However, I have read that play store services till ver 5 is buggy and battery hog on Kikkat.
How are we supposed to update Play Store Service to the latest version?

anshumandash

Mar 9, 2011
The device runs fur 16 hours with 3hr SOT for me on 3g. But if I keep it overnite it drains about 20-25%. Play service and Android system consumes maximum.

Nagass

Aug 9, 2011
MEDIATEK was really battery efficient....This device consumes a lot of battery....Use greenify if u r rooted...and hibernate all google apps....

Now I am at 39% with 3.5 hrs of screen on and wifi always on, everything stock...this device has really good battery life, if you want to talk about a device that consumes a lot look at the LG 4X.

mahendru1992

Sep 19, 2012
New Delhi
Just use Greenify and Unbounce. Initially when I had the phone, I too had a battery problem, which was much worse than yours. My phone would reach 20 percent in 7 hours with 2 hours of SOT.
Now after using Greenify + unbounce (xposed module), I have around 4-5 hours of SOT with 20-22 hours of Standby. Battery increased almost 3x. And this is with everything enabled - 3G, Sync, All location services, Google Now and no WiFi. With WiFi on, I probably get around 6 hours of SOT and around 24-26 hours of SOT.
P.S Make sure that you read in detail about unbounce. This is what made a huge increase in my battery.

observingi

Mar 19, 2011
Just use Greenify and Unbounce. Initially when I had the phone, I too had a battery problem, which was much worse than yours. My phone would reach 20 percent in 7 hours with 2 hours of SOT.
Now after using Greenify + unbounce (xposed module), I have around 4-5 hours of SOT with 20-22 hours of Standby. Battery increased almost 3x. And this is with everything enabled - 3G, Sync, All location services, Google Now and no WiFi. With WiFi on, I probably get around 6 hours of SOT and around 24-26 hours of SOT.
P.S Make sure that you read in detail about unbounce. This is what made a huge increase in my battery.

Even I am using Greenify. Installed unbounce recently, it's a bit technical to decide which all entries to unbounce, so I may not be able to tune it to the best.
Any specific entries you think should be unbounced?
Also how to update to latest google play services? Why is the system not updating automatically to latest version? I think ver 4.9x is installed on Moto G.

Thanks

mahendru1992

Sep 19, 2012
New Delhi
Even I am using Greenify. Installed unbounce recently, it's a bit technical to decide which all entries to unbounce, so I may not be able to tune it to the best.
Also how to update to latest google play services? Why is the system not updating automatically to latest version? I think ver 4.9x is installed on Moto G.

Thanks

Hi, I've attached the screenshots. Your usage may vary.
For more help, you can look at the spreadsheet. The link is in the unbounce description
One thing I can tell you is that don't unbounce audiomix. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to play music in the background.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-12-11-35-21.png
    Screenshot_2014-10-12-11-35-21.png
    98.7 KB · Views: 344
  • Screenshot_2014-10-12-11-36-25.png
    Screenshot_2014-10-12-11-36-25.png
    94.5 KB · Views: 305
Reactions: observingi

Gabboplano

Jul 5, 2013
How does Unbounce work? I installed it but I can't understand what it does lol
I tried Greenify (couldn't freeze system apps and too lazy to search/pay to do that) DS Battery something (Xposed module, made my battery worse) and Intelli3G (italian translations are so bad that I can't understand what I'm toggling)
My life saver is LeanDroid atm, one of the few battery saving apps that actually works

mahendru1992

Sep 19, 2012
New Delhi
You have a donation package of unbounce?
Yup bought it

I tried Greenify (couldn't freeze system apps and too lazy to search/pay to do that) DS Battery something (Xposed module, made my battery worse) and Intelli3G (italian translations are so bad that I can't understand what I'm toggling)
My life saver is LeanDroid atm, one of the few battery saving apps that actually works

Personally I really don't like any battery saving apps. They create more problems than actually solve them.

To greenify system apps you need to buy the donation app from the play store. Worth it IMO. Buying the donation package also automatically optimizes some apps (a feature I didn't know until today)

Now for unbounce:-
I'm guessing you know what wakelocks and alarms are right?
Basically unbounce just delays the wakelocks and alarms for a defined period of time, thereby saving tons of battery life. For instance the location wakelock by default is set to 60 seconds. I've defined the time to about 900 seconds. Think how much battery this saves eh.

Just read whatever is written in the unbounce description in its thread carefully and also a couple of pages to get a better idea. If you still have any questions, feel free to ask.

Reactions: Gabboplano

prateek.khurana31

Jun 5, 2013
Greater Noida
Hey with your advice I bought the donation package of unbounce...can you please give me a detailed screenshot of all the settings u r using in unbounce?

---------- Post added at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

For more help, you can look at the spreadsheet. The link is in the unbounce description
One thing I can tell you is that don't unbounce audiomix. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to play music in the background.
It may seem a too noobish question...but I had to ask this as I never needed these kind of apps on my last device...moto g2 is giving me a hard time.
CAN U PLEASE SHARE SCREENSHOTS OF ALL YOUR SETTINGS IN GREENIFY(DONATION) and UNBOUNCE PRO??? I understand that our usage will be different but still it will help me save some juice

mahendru1992

Sep 19, 2012
New Delhi
Hey with your advice I bought the donation package of unbounce...can you please give me a detailed screenshot of all the settings u r using in unbounce?

---------- Post added at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

It may seem a too noobish question...but I had to ask this as I never needed these kind of apps on my last device...moto g2 is giving me a hard time.
CAN U PLEASE SHARE SCREENSHOTS OF ALL YOUR SETTINGS IN GREENIFY(DONATION) and UNBOUNCE PRO??? I understand that our usage will be different but still it will help me save some juice
I can't give you screenshots as of right now, but i'll tell you the names of the alarms and wakelocks that I've unbounced
Wakelocks
NlpwakeLock - 900 sec
SyncLoopWakeLock - 900
Nlpcollectorwakelock - 900
locationmanagerservice - 1800
Icing -600
Calendarintentservice - 300 (i'm not sure what this does exactly)
trafficintentservice - 360
wake:com:facebook.katana- 360

Alarms
android.content.syncmanager.SYNC_ALARM - 900
alarm_wakeup_locator - 1800
alarm_wakeup_activity_detection - 1800
com.whatsapp.messaging.messageservice.logout_action - 1200 (as far as i Know, no affect on whatsapp)

When I check the battery chart, wifi shows full blue bar, even for periods when it was off :(
You need to go to settings =>WiFi=>Advanced=>uncheck Scanning always available

Reactions: observingi
G

gauravrai

Guys this is how my moto g 2nd gen battery is draining. It consumed almost 50% battery within less than 2hr. I constantly used 3g network, wifi scanning on, 1hr screen on plus browsing and 30 mins of music play.
It doesn't seems normal to me. Please suggest is it draining too much. If so I will replace it on flipkart.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 1413304144431.jpg
    1413304144431.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 190
  • 1413304160702.jpg
    1413304160702.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 180

mahendru1992

Sep 19, 2012
New Delhi
Guys this is how my moto g 2nd gen battery is draining. It consumed almost 50% battery within less than 2hr. I constantly used 3g network, wifi scanning on, 1hr screen on plus browsing and 30 mins of music play.
It doesn't seems normal to me. Please suggest is it draining too much. If so I will replace it on flipkart.
Thanks in advance.
Tell me your exact screen on time. When I was unrooted, i used to lose around 10% battery per 30 minutes when browsing.

Gabboplano

Jul 5, 2013
Yup bought it

Personally I really don't like any battery saving apps. They create more problems than actually solve them.

To greenify system apps you need to buy the donation app from the play store. Worth it IMO. Buying the donation package also automatically optimizes some apps (a feature I didn't know until today)

Basically unbounce just delays the wakelocks and alarms for a defined period of time, thereby saving tons of battery life. For instance the location wakelock by default is set to 60 seconds. I've defined the time to about 900 seconds. Think how much battery this saves eh.

Just read whatever is written in the unbounce description in its thread carefully and also a couple of pages to get a better idea. If you still have any questions, feel free to ask.
After days and days of tests I can say that Unbounce doesn't affect my battery life in any way lol.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks

You have a donation package of unbounce?
    Yup bought it

I can't give you screenshots as of right now, but i'll tell you the names of the alarms and wakelocks that I've unbounced
    Wakelocks
    NlpwakeLock - 900 sec
    SyncLoopWakeLock - 900
    Nlpcollectorwakelock - 900
    locationmanagerservice - 1800
    Icing -600
    Calendarintentservice - 300 (i'm not sure what this does exactly)
    trafficintentservice - 360
    wake:com:facebook.katana- 360

Alarms
    android.content.syncmanager.SYNC_ALARM - 900
    alarm_wakeup_locator - 1800
    alarm_wakeup_activity_detection - 1800
    com.whatsapp.messaging.messageservice.logout_action - 1200 (as far as i Know, no affect on whatsapp)

When I check the battery chart, wifi shows full blue bar, even for periods when it was off :(
    You need to go to settings =>WiFi=>Advanced=>uncheck Scanning always available