• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Battery drain .

Search This thread

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Welcome to XDA🤗 Enjoy.

Try turning off all power management.
Disable all the cloud crapware ie Google Backup Transport and Samsung's junk.
Turn off Google Firebase.
Disable all Google, app, carrier feedback.
Get rid of FB, WhatsApp etc if present... pure malware.
Disable Google Play Services and Playstore when not needed. They are busy bodies that waste your power mining your data.

babyboy3265

Sep 20, 2012
Jupiter
Welcome to XDA🤗 Enjoy.

Disable Google Play Services and Playstore when not needed. They are busy bodies that waste your power mining your data.
Bruh, that's not the solution! The 2 latest updates have a problem with some camera wakelock issue. There are some solutions but for now they are only for rooted phones.

joloxx9joloxx9

Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to XDA🤗 Enjoy.

So basically you are trying to help him by saying to turn off everything in he's very, very expensive smartphone and convert it into "phone with decent camera"? Mate it is not a solution, when you have problem with you car you don't turn up the music to drown out engine weird noises ;|

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
So basically you are trying to help him by saying to turn off everything in he's very, very expensive smartphone and convert it into "phone with decent camera"? Mate it is not a solution, when you have problem with you car you don't turn up the music to drown out engine weird noises ;|
Do what you want. I don't have time for this.
If you think erratic behavior whilst using more battery is a smart phone... it's a lick on you.

Welcome to XDA🤗 Enjoy.

I think this is a little too extreme. It's like removing the brakes, body panels, air conditioning and suspension of a Rolls Royce to make it lighter and and more fuel efficient. Not sure you'd get your money's worth with the handicap that remains after disabling everything in that list.

Not trying to pick a fight here, I have nothing personal against you - I'm sure you meant well. I'm just saying that not everyone can live with a severly handicapped smartphone with most of the social and connectivity features disabled.

Reactions: joloxx9joloxx9
After I Flashed official Firmware my battery has been draing way to fast. Any Ideas as to why?
Which firmware? How did you "flash" it? Are you rooted? Were you on a Custom ROM before? DId you use Smart Switch? How long has it been since you cset up the phone from scratch?

Need some more details.

There's hardly any information contained in your post to try to figure out how to help you...

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
I think this is a little too extreme. It's like removing the brakes, body panels, air conditioning and suspension of a Rolls Royce to make it lighter and and more fuel efficient. Not sure you'd get your money's worth with the handicap that remains after disabling everything in that list.

Not trying to pick a fight here, I have nothing personal against you - I'm sure you meant well. I'm just saying that not everyone can live with a severly handicapped smartphone with most of the social and connectivity features disabled.
Power management... destroyer of worlds.
Ever since it's inception it hasn't worked right causing erratic behavior and even increasing battery usage.
Android manages its self just fine without it.

You need to sort out the trouble making apks because the shotgun power management approach doesn't get it.
Gookill apps are some of the worst offenders as well as data miners. I gain 1-2% more battery life by disabling Google play Services; unless I need to view gmail, use Gmaps or Playstore it stays disabled. Google play Services runs ever worse with power management enabled. If you need Google play Services than keep it enabled and take the battery and data hits.

I get about 7-10%@hour battery usage on a estimate 4100 mAh battery on my Note 10+ with very heavy browser and streaming usage. Unfortunately unless you take the time to learn who/what are the troublemakers are, you will be at their mercy... and machines don't feel empathy.

As for social apps consider the security liabilities and implications. They can and do destroy privacy, careers and lives. All can be hacked in a number of ways and are prime targets.
Maybe you're having too much fun to notice the rapidly approaching tarmac.
No FB or WhatsApp crapware running on this phone... I was born at night but not last night.
An old joke sums it up.
Q: Can you keep a secret?
A: I can too.

Reactions: enigmaamit

joloxx9joloxx9

Jul 6, 2011
Do what you want. I don't have time for this.
If you think erratic behavior whilst using more battery is a smart phone... it's a lick on you.
If you don't have time, we'll not my problem. I just think disabling everything in smartphone is not an fix as mentioned in previous post. But anyway without proper data from OP there is barely anything we can do to help him.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
If you don't have time, we'll not my problem. I just think disabling everything in smartphone is not an fix as mentioned in previous post. But anyway without proper data from OP there is barely anything we can do to help him.
I got time but not for ineptness...it's not a desirable trait or skillset.

The OP needs to ferret it out and optimize the device as they see fit. All I can do is point out know issues and possible workarounds for a stock Android.
There is no quick fix as there are multiple issues.

Disclaimer: what works well for me may puke on you🤣

maleforwork

Jun 11, 2021
maybe this is the latest issue from new updated software version, first try to factory data reset before (backup the important data first with smart switch), then if it's feel same, try to disable the most battery consume one like power management and google play (and play service) just for a day to compare with the default setting before.

joloxx9joloxx9

Jul 6, 2011
maybe this is the latest issue from new updated software version, first try to factory data reset before (backup the important data first with smart switch), then if it's feel same, try to disable the most battery consume one like power management and google play (and play service) just for a day to compare with the default setting before.
You`ve quoted wrong person😉

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After I Flashed official Firmware my battery has been draing way to fast. Any Ideas as to why?
    Welcome to XDA🤗 Enjoy.

Power management... destroyer of worlds.
    Ever since it's inception it hasn't worked right causing erratic behavior and even increasing battery usage.
    Android manages its self just fine without it.

You need to sort out the trouble making apks because the shotgun power management approach doesn't get it.
    Gookill apps are some of the worst offenders as well as data miners. I gain 1-2% more battery life by disabling Google play Services; unless I need to view gmail, use Gmaps or Playstore it stays disabled. Google play Services runs ever worse with power management enabled. If you need Google play Services than keep it enabled and take the battery and data hits.

I get about 7-10%@hour battery usage on a estimate 4100 mAh battery on my Note 10+ with very heavy browser and streaming usage. Unfortunately unless you take the time to learn who/what are the troublemakers are, you will be at their mercy... and machines don't feel empathy.

As for social apps consider the security liabilities and implications. They can and do destroy privacy, careers and lives. All can be hacked in a number of ways and are prime targets.
    No FB or WhatsApp crapware running on this phone... I was born at night but not last night.
    An old joke sums it up.
    Q: Can you keep a secret?
    A: I can too.
    I like how you worded that ;) :D