Question battery drain

Search This thread

Kamil90

Nov 7, 2021
Google Pixel 6
Hello,
I'm using a pixel 6 with two cards sim.

When I go to sleep the phone is fully charged and internet/wifi is turned off.

When i wake up i have 88% battery (I lose 1,5% per hour).
In battery use i see Ims Service.

I did a test and in airplane mode the battery loses 2% throughout my sleep.

somebody know how to fix problem?

Screenshot_20211107-093115.png

NavySpark

Many functions could be causing this. I have used accubattery in the past to see what is causing my drain. A few things to think about, do you have "hey google" and always on display active? I have seen these are large drains in past Pixel devices. It could also be an app that won't let the phone sleep properly.

abalam

Oct 30, 2011
github.com
OnePlus 10 Pro
Screenshot_20211107-115240.png
I am satisfied with the battery consumption. You can easily use the device for 2 days.I am satisfied with the battery consumption. You can easily use the device for 2 days.

WibblyW

May 24, 2011
Google Nexus 4
Moto X Play
1.5%/hr is in the realms of power consumed when in weak cellular coverage. What's the signal strength for each of your SIM's networks?

Also an app or two may be sucking data or keeping the phone out of deep sleep more than it should. You have Bluetooth devices like a watch connected too?

sic0048

Jun 25, 2010
Google Pixel 7
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Keep the phone plugged in while sleeping......

Years ago keeping a phone plugged in at 100% battery capacity would actually reduce the battery's life expectancy. However today phones have special charging circuits that actually disconnect the battery from the charging power when it reaches 100%. Once the battery reaches 100%, any power that the charger is providing is directly powering the phone's functions - it does not go through the battery to do this. This means having a phone plugged in for extended periods of time does not reduce the battery's life expectancy anymore.

This may help explain it better....

In the old days.....
When the battery is less than 100% power looks like this:
Charger ---> Battery is taking current --> Battery supplies power to phone function (releasing current)
When the batter is at 100%, power still looks like this:
Charger ---> Battery is taking current --> Battery supplies power to phone function (releasing current)

Today's phones look like this.....
When the battery is less than 100% power looks like this:
Charger ---> Battery is taking current and Charger --> supplies power to phone function
When the battery is at 100%, power looks like this:
Charger ---> supplies power to phone function while the battery is idle (not taking or releasing current)

Last edited:

3dd1

Mar 24, 2012
Andover
I don't profess to know about this topic bit have recently installed accubattery where charging the battery to only 80% for example gives less cycles which as a layman I assume would increase the longevity of the battery?

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
I've just noticed something odd that didn't happen on my P5. From 100% down to around 80 the battery is draining relatively quickly. At 80 it hardly budges. The P5 was steady drain throughout the cycle. I'm going to keep an eye on that one. Curious if anyone else sees that.

As for determining draining apps I've used BBS for years. I look at alarms and partial wakelocks. Overnight anywhere between 0.5 and 0.8% / hour. Same apps same everything the P5 was 0.1 - 0.4. I think it will get better but overall not horrible.

RetroTech07

Apr 24, 2021
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I don't profess to know about this topic bit have recently installed accubattery where charging the battery to only 80% for example gives less cycles which as a layman I assume would increase the longevity of the battery?
Yes. The app explains this, saying that the more you charge your battery to 100 the more damage you do to it. Charging to only 80% or whatever amount of power you need is ideal and prolongs the overall health of your battery.

Kag

Sep 10, 2006
I have similar issues just not Ims service.

Just waiting for a day when I have time to factory reset.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211116-181216.png
    Screenshot_20211116-181216.png
    199.9 KB · Views: 108

Kag

Sep 10, 2006
Try using a battery app to see more detailed information about what's causing battery drain.

Have you taken any steps to try and resolve? How old is your sim card, and what kind of cell reception do you get?
I thought it was the SIM card and then i moved to eSIM which made no difference.
I generally done nothing to resolve as i started to suspect the drain was due to the migration causing some setting to mess up. I'm thinking of doing a factory reset setup from scratch would help as there were similar problems with Pixel 5 upgrading to Android 12.
Just that the reset will take a lot of time and effort.

RetroTech07

Apr 24, 2021
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I thought it was the SIM card and then i moved to eSIM which made no difference.
I generally done nothing to resolve as i started to suspect the drain was due to the migration causing some setting to mess up. I'm thinking of doing a factory reset setup from scratch would help as there were similar problems with Pixel 5 upgrading to Android 12.
Just that the reset will take a lot of time and effort.
It's been reported that a factory reset has helped some folks who had large battery drain or issues with mobile network standby after migrating from their old phone to the new 6. I may attempt as well.

jawamdame

Oct 23, 2011
I had a problem with excessive battery consumption, I already know that it was caused by data transfer from my Pixel 5. The factory reset helped.

RetroTech07

Apr 24, 2021
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I had 3.5 to 4 sot, I was losing 15% of battery overnight without using 5g
What numbers are you getting now? I'd like to not lose 1-2% an hour when the phone is asleep and not in use. I'm also annoyed with mobile network standby being in use all the time, despite never having an issue with it on my prior phone and even work phone, both pixels.

Reactions: WibblyW

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had 3.5 to 4 sot, I was losing 15% of battery overnight without using 5g
    What numbers are you getting now? I'd like to not lose 1-2% an hour when the phone is asleep and not in use. I'm also annoyed with mobile network standby being in use all the time, despite never having an issue with it on my prior phone and even work phone, both pixels.
    Today is the second day after a factory reset and the battery drain is occurring again, not even turning off the esim helps. I will wait for the update, if nothing changes, I sell the phone and return to Oneplus. 3.5h SOT is unacceptable
    Do you have any screenshots of usage, and what's causing battery drain?