Question Battery Draining, MIUI 13 Update vanish, Task manager.

Search This thread

trojan0

Oct 18, 2021
1. I use redmi note 10 pro. But for a few days my battery is getting drained like 14-20% when the phone is idle, during sleep at night.

I looked in the battery and performance section. There was nothing serious.

I think there's something running in the background which is hiding itself from the system.

In the router configuration page, I found my device sent heavy packages. I thought to do a factory reset but I was thinking if theres another way out.

So I was looking for a task manager which will show me the background running programs cause I can't find it in developer options.

I worry much and I really can't stop thinking that something is mining in my device.

2. And I got an update of miui 13 but I didn't download the update and I can't find it now. I restarted my device several times.

3. The last thing. In the first phase, the 64 MP shots used to take like 30-50 MB and now its like 5-12 MB. And normal shots were like 7-12 MB and now its 2-3. Its so disappointing and theres also details loss. Also I can't find 64 mp in gcam. And gcam .jpg size is totally fine.

Any way to fix them all without installing custom rom?

Last edited:

Raito Wolf

May 24, 2021
1. Happens the same to me since I bought it in May. Could not find any solution yet. Sometimes it loses a lot of charge while idle, sometimes it doesn't lose any at all. I tried everything from restricting background usage for all apps that don't have notifications, resetting to factory settings and even flashing MIUI again. Warranty didn't find any problem.

2. Happened to me too for some updates. Got the notification then it disappeared.

3. No idea.

It is so frustrating having this kind of a package only to screw it up with a bad software. Still regret buying this phone.

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
1. I use redmi note 10 pro. But for a few days my battery is getting drained like 14-20% when the phone is idle, during sleep at night.

I looked in the battery and performance section. There was nothing serious.

I think there's something running in the background which is hiding itself from the system.

In the router configuration page, I found my device sent heavy packages. I thought to do a factory reset but I was thinking if theres another way out.

So I was looking for a task manager which will show me the background running programs cause I can't find it in developer options.

I worry much and I really can't stop thinking that something is mining in my device.

2. And I got an update of miui 13 but I didn't download the update and I can't find it now. I restarted my device several times.

3. The last thing. In the first phase, the 64 MP shots used to take like 30-50 MB and now its like 5-12 MB. And normal shots were like 7-12 MB and now its 2-3. Its so disappointing and theres also details loss. Also I can't find 64 mp in gcam. And gcam .jpg size is totally fine.

Any way to fix them all without installing custom rom?

1. Happens the same to me since I bought it in May. Could not find any solution yet. Sometimes it loses a lot of charge while idle, sometimes it doesn't lose any at all. I tried everything from restricting background usage for all apps that don't have notifications, resetting to factory settings and even flashing MIUI again. Warranty didn't find any problem.

2. Happened to me too for some updates. Got the notification then it disappeared.

3. No idea.

It is so frustrating having this kind of a package only to screw it up with a bad software. Still regret buying this phone.
I would suggest to change the ROM
Screenshot_20220125-121358_GSam Battery Monitor Pro.png

JihadJoe

Sep 13, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 10
1. Sorry to say, but the only way i solved it is with flashing a custom kernel. VantomKernel worked the best. From 20% battery drain overnight to 3%. YukiKernel works too, but has an error message every time you reboot the phone.