• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Battery Gauge CAB

Search This thread

Lordsmiff

Nov 22, 2005
Glossop
There is a little utility available here that I think is suberb - it's a little battery gauge that runs across the top of the screen (see the screenshot) but noone as far as I could find has ever created a cab for it.

Well, here it is :) It's a brilliant little app - like batti but more colourful ;-)

The cab will install the app in program files and create a shortcut in the startup folder to run it on startup. I've had absolutely no problem with this but as always, make your own backup first !

It is possible to change various things like the colours, size etc and also to hide portions to make it go behind buttons etc. in wisbar skins :)

I must stress that I did not write this app and take no credit for it - that belongs entirely to ins0mniaque for producing a brill little app :)

I just thought everyone else should know about it :)

Smiffy.

Attachments

• pc_capture1.jpg
    pc_capture1.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 11,321

oldominion

Jun 2, 2007
Does this have the same problem of replicating itself every time the application is launched? Seems like that was an issue in the original thread.

Shawner

Sep 1, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Will any of these programs accurately measure the life of the battery?

Shogunmark and Faira were talking about this issue (some time ago) where the battery would only decrease by 10%, not 1% like on the wizards.

Lordsmiff

Nov 22, 2005
Glossop
Does this have the same problem of replicating itself every time the application is launched? Seems like that was an issue in the original thread.

Why would you keep launching the application? Isn't once enough?
I've read the thread and that only occured because someone was messing with the settings.

As for the apps posted by juvs - they seem a bit..."flat" to me - the one i cabbed looks nice and 3d on mine (as much as a 3-pixel-high app can, anyway :) ) and I don't like the memory gauge on the bottom of the taskbar - that's intrusive if you ask me.

Now p*** off and get your own thread :D

Smiffy.

GldRush98

Jun 3, 2006
Taylorville, IL.
www.GldRush98.com
I wish there was a way to change the color of the bar. I don't like that fruity rainbow color. It looks bad IMO.
I've been using the O2 battery meter for now. It matches the color of the theme and doesn't stand out like a rainbow does:

(My battery is at 100% now, but when it goes down the bar reduces in size and leaves gray behind.)

o2batterymeter.jpg

Lordsmiff

Nov 22, 2005
Glossop
If it's yours, you must use it on another board - 4winmobile perhaps? I didn't remember seeing anyone on here with it when I "adopted" it :)

Besides, it's so fitting :)

Smiffy

Mark Crouch

Apr 5, 2006
Bristol
Apology accepted

Yeah, it is fitting - it's a good reminder to n00bs to "engage brain before opening mouth" :D Sadly, that doesn't happen often enough.....

You're right, I do use it elsewhere - MoDaCo, 4WM "and many, many more" ;)

I don't mind you "adopting" it - it's reassuring to see it being used by someone who understands its' meaning!

Cheers,

Mark.