• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Battery health at 92,7% after 6 weeks - is it normal?

Search This thread

crazy_penguin

Sep 29, 2021
I have a POCO F3 that I've purchased about a month and half ago. I've dialed the code *#*#6485#*#* to check my battery health by diving the current battery capacity for the factory battery capacity and then by multiplying that result by 100 and it was at 92.7%. Is it normal after about 6 weeks of use with the phone?

LAST_krypton

I have a POCO F3 that I've purchased about a month and half ago. I've dialed the code *#*#6485#*#* to check my battery health by diving the current battery capacity for the factory battery capacity and then by multiplying that result by 100 and it was at 92.7%. Is it normal after about 6 weeks of use with the phone?
Check what cpuz reports. To me that doesn't look normal, something is with the battery sensors. Have you installed any custom kernel or anything that might play with "Advanced Charge Control Interface" ?

crazy_penguin

Sep 29, 2021
Check what cpuz reports. To me that doesn't look normal, something is with the battery sensors. Have you installed any custom kernel or anything that might play with "Advanced Charge Control Interface" ?
Oh ok. It's an app. I've installed and this is what appears about my battery's info

Attachments

• 1633001711446.jpg
    1633001711446.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 16

jwoegerbauer

Jul 11, 2009
European Union
@crazy_penguin

IMO you can't compute Battery health at your own - at least not the way you did it. And Android OS also can't.

Battery health - also called battery lifespan - simply tells you amount of time your battery can last until it needs to be replaced / fully recharged.

Battery health always is expressed as estimated time - in hours and minutes, not as percent of whatever.

More info here:

Last edited:
Reactions: blackhawk

Mohamedkam000

It's not normal, in that period, it shouldn't decrease a full 2%. Sometimes, a malfunctioning OS may report false calculations.

On my old device, I used two different systems, they showed different calculations of battery health.

One OS showed ~68-67%, the other showed 76.4%. I don't trust calculations anyway.

LAST_krypton

It's not normal, in that period, it shouldn't decrease a full 2%. Sometimes, a malfunctioning OS may report false calculations.

On my old device, I used two different systems, they showed different calculations of battery health.

One OS showed ~68-67%, the other showed 76.4%. I don't trust calculations anyway.
Wipe cahce partiton or even do a factroy reset. If you have TWRP check what battery % it shows there.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
IMO you can't compute Battery health at your own. And Android OS also can't.

Battery health - also called battery lifespan - simply tells you amount of time your battery can last until it needs to be replaced.
Meh, stop worrying.
An Li useful life is about 200 full charge cycles (0-100%).
Partial midrange charging cycles (40-62%) can yield hundreds even thousands more full charge cycles to the battery's lifespan.

Estimate battery health by SOT and by drain reported overnight.
When your SOT dips much below 80% of it's new capacity, the Li is degraded and at the end of its usable lifespan.
Replace before it fails and damages the phone.
Any battery swelling in a failure.

Cell phone Li's hate high cell voltage, temperatures and high discharge rates.
Keep charge cycles between 40-72% to extend life.
Li's love frequent midrange power cycling.
Avoid discharging below 20% or constantly charging to 100%.
Minimum start charge temp is 72F, 82-92F is best. Low temp charging can cause Li plating.
Never attempt to charge a Li below 40F!!!
If battery temp is exceeding 100F use cooling.

Apps like Accubattery's history logging are useful is seeing actual battery discharge and charging times. Useful is spotting excessive battery drain.

Eventually the battery will need replacement. On a heavily used phone that's 1-2 years.
No big deal... just do it!
Always use a new OEM seal if the phone is watertight.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Try discharging until it dies then charge to 100%
Repeat 2 more times to recalibrate the battery % indicator.

Not worth the trouble though...

Sep 24, 2021
I don't think it's typical, what you use it for is dependent? Maybe if intensive video processing and tweaking, playing and watching live?

May Anyone ask how something functions, too? What could I get to learn about the quality and capability of your real battery?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @crazy_penguin

IMO you can't compute Battery health at your own - at least not the way you did it. And Android OS also can't.

Battery health - also called battery lifespan - simply tells you amount of time your battery can last until it needs to be replaced / fully recharged.

Battery health always is expressed as estimated time - in hours and minutes, not as percent of whatever.

More info here: