• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Battery heating (and draining) even with phone turned OFF

Search This thread

wiz.wiz

Oct 29, 2013
Toulouse
www.tournoidesdieux.fr
Hi, I have a Oneplus 7 256GB since les than 1.5 years.
A few weeks/months ago, the phone started having a high battery drain even when Idle (using custom Resurrection Remix with root), I am using 2 SIM cards.
The phone also started losing networks (would not even return to emergency connection).
I then used MSMUnbrickTool to restore the latest OOS 10 with no root, change : at the beginning the phone would connect ok to the SIM networks, but quicly losing NW againn and heating.
Upgraded to the latest OOS 11 : same result.
The 2 SIM Cards work perfectly in other phones. I removed them.
Now the phone is turned OFF (I turned it off more than 1 hour ago) but I feel heat located at the right (slightly top) of the back camera, when looking at the back of the phone. Placing the phone on a charger from time to tome to see the battery charge %age, I see it decreasing maybe around 5% per hour.

Any idea of the possible problems ?
I would think is it HW related because it is happening although the phone is turned off.
Maybe battery related ?
I don' know which components are located at the heating place...

Attachments

• img_thermal_1623324206357.jpg
    img_thermal_1623324206357.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 9

wiz.wiz

Oct 29, 2013
Toulouse
www.tournoidesdieux.fr
for information, I returned the phone to Oneplus repair center : they identified motherboard & battery to change.
Cost is higher than a new phone.
I obviously refused the repair.
my wife & I were Oneplus customers since Oneplus 1, but we'll buy another brand in the future after this bad experience.

• Sad
Reactions: Navaneeth P