• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Battery laying around for 2 years - still good?

Search This thread

resarfekim

Jan 26, 2011
I picked up a 6p yesterday. Looks and works great, except the battery drains super fast and the phone shut down at 40%ish.
I have an extra battery I bought a couple years ago, which was working fine when I pulled it. (replaced it looking for a little better life).
Not sure if it was charged or drained when I pulled it. Do you think this battery would still be viable?

Thanks,
Mike

resarfekim

Jan 26, 2011
I swapped in the new battery. Works great.

Too bad I broke the camera glass. Fortunately I had ordered an extra glass a few years back, and didn't crack the glass back then, so all set!

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
I swapped in the new battery. Works great.

Too bad I broke the camera glass. Fortunately I had ordered an extra glass a few years back, and didn't crack the glass back then, so all set!

I busted mine a year or two ago and it was annoying as ****. Had to purchase and replace the entire housing unit. Also a pain to remove literally everything to replace it.