Battery Level stuck at 20%?

Search This thread
May 29, 2015
Hello, there has been a problem with my pixel 3 since yesterday where my phone seems to be stuck at 20%. I have tried various methods to fix this which include:
  • Draining till phone shuts off then charged overnight while off
  • Flashed stock rom multiple times by cmd and by google's browser flashing
  • Opened the phone to unplug and plug battery connector
  • Various calibrator apps, rooted and tried resetting sys/power supply/battery/batt-reset-soc (however i dont think this was usable at all)
  • HOWEVER... I can see true battery stats in TWRP. I have no clue what's going on. can anyone help me please? The problem might have initially started when i rooted or unrooted magisk before everything tho i've never experienced this and can't really understand how and why this is happening since twrp shows correct figures. BTW the stats in battery configure apps are always the same, 20% 26.2C temp 3.69V.

marcnetic

Sep 14, 2016
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 5
I am experiencing the same issue. A week ago, after a random reboot the battery level got stuck at 57%. I was on rooted Android 12 since November and flashed the Factory Image released in January a few days before the issue.

Since I was having a bad Android 12 experience anyway (random phone freezing, restarts of Google Maps on my Android Auto car stereo, Spotify being killed in the background when taking photos), I reverted to Android 11 two days ago, but unfortunately the battery issue persists.

For now I am using a Tasker Run Shell command to parse /etc/sys/class/power_supply/battery/capacity, which returns the correct percentage.

May 29, 2015
I am experiencing the same issue. A week ago, after a random reboot the battery level got stuck at 57%. I was on rooted Android 12 since November and flashed the Factory Image released in January a few days before the issue.

Since I was having a bad Android 12 experience anyway (random phone freezing, restarts of Google Maps on my Android Auto car stereo, Spotify being killed in the background when taking photos), I reverted to Android 11 two days ago, but unfortunately the battery issue persists.

For now I am using a Tasker Run Shell command to parse /etc/sys/class/power_supply/battery/capacity, which returns the correct percentage.
I looked up the file in root explorer and it actually does show the correct percentage when opened with text editor. How do I use this command in tasker. I tried but i couldn't make it work with the code. Can you show me some instructions on how to do so?

marcnetic

Sep 14, 2016
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 5
Can you show me some instructions on how to do so?
Sure! I think the info that was missing, is that you need cat to parse the file. The actual command of the Run Shell action would then be cat /etc/sys/class/power_supply/battery/capacity and you can store its result in a variable.

Anyway, here is the TaskerNet link to my project. It reads the battery capacity and (what I believe is the correct) temperature every two minutes and updates a notification that shows the approximate battery level as its icon. The original (wrong) battery icon in the status bar is hidden. Also, a thin line visualizes the battery percentage just below the status bar.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arslan.KitKat_bro
May 29, 2015
Sure! I think the info that was missing, is that you need cat to parse the file. The actual command of the Run Shell action would then be cat /etc/sys/class/power_supply/battery/capacity and you can store its result in a variable.

Anyway, here is the TaskerNet link to my project. It reads the battery capacity and (what I believe is the correct) temperature every two minutes and updates a notification that shows the approximate battery level as its icon. The original (wrong) battery icon in the status bar is hidden. Also, a thin line visualizes the battery percentage just below the status bar.
Thank You so much. I can't believe I found a workaround for this. I really liked pixels but seeing this happening in their os will really impact how much I would recommend pixels to others. I really can't thank you enough!

marcnetic

Sep 14, 2016
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 5
I really can't thank you enough!
No problem, glad to be able to help!

I really liked pixels but seeing this happening in their os will really impact how much I would recommend pixels to others.
I haven't been able to figure out yet, if this issue is really OS-related. A few days ago, my USB connection got unstable, too. This happened multiple times before, but cleaning out the USB port always helped. Unfortunately not this time, although I even used contact spray. In comparison to earlier issues, where the USB connection worked or just didn't work, now it just randomly toggles its connection state. I'm not sure yet, if I should swap the USB port (and the battery) or just accept, that my hardware keeps failing and look for a new device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can you show me some instructions on how to do so?