Question Battery Life 6 vs 6 ro

Search This thread

freeflyer

Dec 23, 2008
How's everyones battery life? I've got a pixel 6 and a pixel 6 pro here. Accubattery on the pixel 6 says 12h screen on time. On the pixel 6 pro it's says 6 hours ish.

i'm sure this is a fault of accubattery, but just thought i'd check to see what people are getting.

miravision

Oct 5, 2021
It would be appreciated if you can show how much time was spent at which CPU state frequency
Screenshot_20150709-212249.png
UE4yKJgm7A9Hcfvi9sm5ZEYuZFY0REDsCuITNusjJokyR5YqGQtQvEco5wk2YRVsalc=w1281-h2052-rw

Last edited:
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

freeflyer

Dec 23, 2008
Had youtube running for 90 mins so far on each. Identical vieos, identical brightness, same apps on both. The Pixel 6 is on 95%, the pixel 6 pro is on 91%. I know that's not indicative of anything as its too early, but so far its backing up what accubattery says that the 6 will last twice as long as the 6 pro.

Reactions: gie62001

clipdawg05

Nov 20, 2014
Had youtube running for 90 mins so far on each. Identical vieos, identical brightness, same apps on both. The Pixel 6 is on 95%, the pixel 6 pro is on 91%. I know that's not indicative of anything as its too early, but so far its backing up what accubattery says that the 6 will last twice as long as the 6 pro.
It must not be lowering framerate while watching youtube. Can you check on both phones what the framerate is.

MacGuy2006

Sep 15, 2006
After the 14mb update yesterday, my P6P's battery life is bad. In 7 hours since full charge and the phone is at 47%. Maybe 5 photos, no more than an hour of screen time and an hour of youtube streaming with the screen off (listening while exercising).

Keep going back and forth about returning it and getting the iPhone 13 Max.

freeflyer

Dec 23, 2008
Do i need to install an app to do that?
Nothing makes sense with the 6. In the battery estimation in the phones setting (may not be accurate) at 90% the non pro 6 states over 2 days usage. The 6 pro states 19 hours at similar battery level. Using accubattery, the non pro 6 says i'll get 12h SOT (i doubt this) but the 6 pro states 5h.

Battery levels are now levelling off however, the non pro 6 is at 90%, the 6 pro is at 85%.

mysterioustko

Sep 15, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
thesmartphonechamp.com
My battery was solid on my 128gb and the same is true on my 256gb. Today is my first day on it, and it's giving me the same type of battery life. Best of all, it hasn't had time to learn my pattern. Even so, I got over 17 hours of battery with over 6 hours of talk time and over 3.5 hours of screen.
I took the phone off the charger around 6am, used GPS, listened to podcasts for hours, talked on the phone for hours, did some web browsing, played a game a little bit, and did more GPS and never touched a charger today. Fast forward to around 12:30 at night, and I'm just now having to charge it. That's solid!

255830762_328133651987129_7776559105367728795_n.png

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
poster-stop-sign.jpg.jpg

We already have a dedicated battery life thread spanning more than a dozen pages.

Please continue your discussion there.

We don't need a dozen threads about the same topic, the forum is already confusing enough because XDA mods don't like the old subforum style anymore.

Last edited:

freeflyer

Dec 23, 2008
We already have a dedicated battery life thread spanning more than a dozen pages.

We don't need a dozen threads about the same topic, the forum is already confusing enough because XDA mods don't like the old subforum style anymore.
I did search, and actually a battery life thread was hard to find. Besides which, are you aware that you can have different variants of the same subject? They dont always intertwine and one can go down a completely different path to the other. This particular thread for example is about the difference between the 6 and 6 pro battery life.

I ran an owners group forum with thousands of members for many years. Guess what.. we had different threads covering different aspects of the same subject ! And no one got confused !!

Last edited:

freeflyer

Dec 23, 2008
The 6 pro has now levelled out. The 6 is at 68% and the 6 pro is at 58%, with identical usage. I guess with a few tweaks the pro would match the 6 for battery, but the 6 definitely has the better life.

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
I did search, and actually a battery life thread was hard to find. Besides which, are you aware that you can have different variants of the same subject? They dont always intertwine and one can go down a completely different path to the other. This particular thread for example is about the difference between the 6 and 6 pro battery life.

I ran an owners group forum with thousands of members for many years. Guess what.. we had different threads covering different aspects of the same subject ! And no one got confused !!
If you want a dedicated thread to specifically address the battery life difference between the P6 & P6 Pro, you should edit your thread title accordingly, as of this moment it's called "Battery Life" - and we already have a thread dedicated to the "general" topic of battery life (called "Battery life thread", lol).

EeZeEpEe

Aug 13, 2010
Tampa, FL
www.twitter.com
Google Pixel 6 Pro
How's everyones battery life? I've got a pixel 6 and a pixel 6 pro here. Accubattery on the pixel 6 says 12h screen on time. On the pixel 6 pro it's says 6 hours ish.

i'm sure this is a fault of accubattery, but just thought i'd check to see what people are getting.
My first 3 days were terrible. After 7-10 days, then I started to see what my real usage would be.

Screenshot_20211119-103257.png

Remember to keep in mind that AccuBattery gives you maximum estimates for screen on and screen off. So that would be 100% fully screen on or 100% fully screen off. The more important numbers are the combined use estimate (which has been pretty dead accurate to me saying 16-17 hours which I am getting with a full charge) and the average battery usage %/h. I do like how the app only uses your last 7 days to keep the averages and estimates recent. Would be nice if they can have a 5 day or 3 day view though.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If you want a dedicated thread to specifically address the battery life difference between the P6 & P6 Pro, you should edit your thread title accordingly, as of this moment it's called "Battery Life" - and we already have a thread dedicated to the "general" topic of battery life (called "Battery life thread", lol).
    Install GSam battery monitor for better battery usage measurements
    poster-stop-sign.jpg.jpg

I easily get 2 full days between charges with approximately 8 hours total sot. YMMV depending on what you do and how you do it.
    This thread and title are confusing and taking over a much more informative thread here on battery life:

Here is the better Battery Life thread (that can be found with a simple search):