Question Battery Life 6 vs 6 ro

Search This thread

MacGuy2006

Sep 15, 2006
This thread and title are confusing and taking over a much more informative thread here on battery life:

Here is the better Battery Life thread (that can be found with a simple search):

freeflyer

Dec 23, 2008
I've retitled the thread :D you can all sleep soundly at night now safe in the knowledge there aren't two battery threads.. which to be honest would be catastrophic.

So, that aside...

I charged both up last night to 100%. Left them for around 18 hours on standby. At the end the non pro P6 was on 92%, the P6Pro was on 91%. There are no sims in these devices so no network drain.

The weird thing is, the non pro P6 is stating 'over 2 days left' battery life in the android battery screen. The p6 pro only says 21 hours. As they seem to be be discharging at roughly the same rate, i can't see how the P6 can possible say that.
Accubattery at 90% for both is saying 4h30 SOT and 21h idle time.

Edit: i'm ignoring battery apps, and just going on real world experiences.

With 18 hours idle, and 2.5 hours youtube playing on each device, with no battery saving features added and refresh set to 60hz only.

Pixel 6: 75%
Pixel 6 Pro : 70%

There is a marginal difference in favour of the P6, but not that would put me off the 6P pro.

Last edited:

lawtq

Oct 12, 2011
Huawei Mate X2
I've retitled the thread :D you can all sleep soundly at night now safe in the knowledge there aren't two battery threads.. which to be honest would be catastrophic.

So, that aside...

I charged both up last night to 100%. Left them for around 18 hours on standby. At the end the non pro P6 was on 92%, the P6Pro was on 91%. There are no sims in these devices so no network drain.

The weird thing is, the non pro P6 is stating 'over 2 days left' battery life in the android battery screen. The p6 pro only says 21 hours. As they seem to be be discharging at roughly the same rate, i can't see how the P6 can possible say that.
Accubattery at 90% for both is saying 4h30 SOT and 21h idle time.

Edit: i'm ignoring battery apps, and just going on real world experiences.

With 18 hours idle, and 2.5 hours youtube playing on each device, with no battery saving features added and refresh set to 60hz only.

There is a marginal difference in favour of the P6, but not that would put me off the 6P pro.
This test is appreciated. Considering no sims in them, this ain't good at all.

The embargo was obviously due to google knowing how terrible their current software for the phone was. I think next update will improve a lot of things. Right now the software Is a mess.

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015

As far as I know, every decent review ever made pointed out that the P6 has the better battery life (smaller pixel density, gets less bright, less refresh rate), so that's not surprising.

4614 (p6) vs 5003 (p6 pro) mAh only means a 7.8% difference ("advantage") in battery size, but the screen

2400 by 1080 pixels (p6) = 2592000 pixels
3,120 by 1,440 pixels (p6 pro) = 4492800 pixels

means a reduction of ~ 42.5 %, that's a s*itload. Add less refresh rate on top of that (not in your scenario, but in real world with other users) and there's a clear winner, by simple mathematics. By about 50%.

The only advantage that the P6 Pro (in theory) has is it's adaptive refresh rate, but since that's broken/not in proper use (10 hz, 24 hz, 30 hz, whatever like the IPhone 13 uses proplerly), that's not helpful - at least as of now. Google will probably finetune this, but that's not the reality right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

freeflyer

Dec 23, 2008
I'm still at a loss as to why the P6 states 2 days+ battery life in its battery report, yet the P6P states less than 24 hours. The reality is that they're both closely matched. One of them is lying !

Either way, the P6P battery isnt bad as such, its just not great. The advantages the P6P has (clearer sharper screen, Zoom, and only a marginally increase in physical size) has left me with the decision that i'm keeping the P6P over the P6, and i'm going to sacrifice a little battery life.

Reactions: galaxys

galaxys

Recognized Contributor
May 9, 2007
Cosmos
OnePlus 9 Pro
Samsung Galaxy Watch
I'm still at a loss as to why the P6 states 2 days+ battery life in its battery report, yet the P6P states less than 24 hours. The reality is that they're both closely matched. One of them is lying !

Either way, the P6P battery isnt bad as such, its just not great. The advantages the P6P has (clearer sharper screen, Zoom, and only a marginally increase in physical size) has left me with the decision that i'm keeping the P6P over the P6, and i'm going to sacrifice a little battery life.
Sounds like a good plan and device lifestyle!📱🙂🕺 cheers 🍻

jimv1983

Feb 28, 2011
Benicia, CA
poster-stop-sign.jpg.jpg

We already have a dedicated battery life thread spanning more than a dozen pages.

Please continue your discussion there.

We don't need a dozen threads about the same topic, the forum is already confusing enough because XDA mods don't like the old subforum style anymore.
It might not be that way if it was easier to find things on the forums. It would be great if XDA went back to the old way it used to categorize things. Especially the "Real Life Review" section. Battery life threads are the #1 threads I come to look at. I had to click through several pages of threads to find this one. The search is basically useless for trying to find anything.

Reactions: AlkaliV2

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
It might not be that way if it was easier to find things on the forums. It would be great if XDA went back to the old way it used to categorize things. Especially the "Real Life Review" section. Battery life threads are the #1 threads I come to look at. I had to click through several pages of threads to find this one. The search is basically useless for trying to find anything.
I agree. The new forum style is terrible. Back in the days, you had your sub sections and the nanosecond you clicked on those, you had the relevant important stickied posts at top and everyone had a handy way of finding important threads. It was easy to open half a dozen browser windows at once with all the sections you desired.

Now? Pfft. Now you get thrown into a labyrinth of a thousand threads, without any decent way of finding important ones (no, dear mods reading over this, Quick Filters are useless, since there is no attached sticky thread system). XDA downgraded itself from an intuitive, PC-friendly forum to a mobile-alike BS version of itself.

But that reality doesn't surprise me very much. All you have to do is take a look at the still ridiculously broken app version of XDA and that tells you everything you need to know, especially the overthinking of features that has went into this project in the most recent years.

I hate it when people think they need to fix that which is not broken, only to make a functioning and beautiful product go kaput and then LEAVE IT AT THAT. Broken. Goddamnit.

Last edited:

PartheevP

Jun 25, 2018
Was getting around 5 hours max SOT. Then after a few weeks and Dec update, and some tweaks (app optimisation) I am getting around 8 to 10 hours SOT. Finished my day yesterday with 7 hours SOT and 41% left.

I'm a moderate user, at least 2 to 3 hours YouTube, and multiple hours on WhatsApp, Instagram, messaging, chrome.

Zlatko1986

Dec 4, 2018
Was getting around 5 hours max SOT. Then after a few weeks and Dec update, and some tweaks (app optimisation) I am getting around 8 to 10 hours SOT. Finished my day yesterday with 7 hours SOT and 41% left.

I'm a moderate user, at least 2 to 3 hours YouTube, and multiple hours on WhatsApp, Instagram, messaging, chrome.
Care to share your tweaks ?

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I easily get 2 full days between charges with approximately 8 hours total sot. YMMV depending on what you do and how you do it.
I only charge my phone so that it stays between 25% and 75% (and no quick charging), and I can usually go ~24 hours on that 50% total range, so yours is about the same as mine.

How's everyones battery life? I've got a pixel 6 and a pixel 6 pro here. Accubattery on the pixel 6 says 12h screen on time. On the pixel 6 pro it's says 6 hours ish.

i'm sure this is a fault of accubattery, but just thought i'd check to see what people are getting.
Accubattery on my P6P has steadily increased the estimated SOT expectation since I got mine 7 weeks ago. It's been over 12 hours before but right now it says 11 hours, 30 minutes.

selayan

Jun 15, 2011
www.android-edge.com
Honestly the Accubattery pro estimates to me don't mean anything. With everything turned on except wifi and bluetooth scanning, I still get max 4hrs or 4hrs 30 (under 25% battery at this point) screen time by 9pm on my 6 Pro. Mobile data and Wifi, factory reset clean phone for over a week now with very little extra apps installed on December update.

I also have Gsam installed with adb persmissions for battery stats but it does not seem to be picking up the apps I am using or all the potential drainage. I wonder if I should reinstall it or if it is conflicting with Accubattery Pro.

Last edited:

ismailonrails

Mar 13, 2014
I'm using Pixel 6 Pro with GSAM app, Screen on time of Pixel 6 Pro is really great, I'm getting between 6-8.5 hours of SoT, do note, I'm using LTE network and I don't game on my phone, its mostly Twitter, Browsing, YouTube and Netflix.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I did search, and actually a battery life thread was hard to find. Besides which, are you aware that you can have different variants of the same subject? They dont always intertwine and one can go down a completely different path to the other. This particular thread for example is about the difference between the 6 and 6 pro battery life.

I ran an owners group forum with thousands of members for many years. Guess what.. we had different threads covering different aspects of the same subject ! And no one got confused !!
    If you want a dedicated thread to specifically address the battery life difference between the P6 & P6 Pro, you should edit your thread title accordingly, as of this moment it's called "Battery Life" - and we already have a thread dedicated to the "general" topic of battery life (called "Battery life thread", lol).
    Install GSam battery monitor for better battery usage measurements
    poster-stop-sign.jpg.jpg

We already have a dedicated battery life thread spanning more than a dozen pages.

Please continue your discussion there.

We don't need a dozen threads about the same topic, the forum is already confusing enough because XDA mods don't like the old subforum style anymore.
    I easily get 2 full days between charges with approximately 8 hours total sot. YMMV depending on what you do and how you do it.
    This thread and title are confusing and taking over a much more informative thread here on battery life:

Here is the better Battery Life thread (that can be found with a simple search):