Battery life emui 10 vs 11

Search This thread

Deanro

Account currently disabled
Feb 24, 2020
Appreciate the clean up.

Continuing on topic, the 20x has faced many complaints from users about its battery life. Over time batteries degrade as we all know as fact. But in the 20x's case, right out the box, the battery has not been a friend. I've owned 2 20x's and can confirm other user's experiences about its poor battery consistency.

protoga

May 5, 2021
Also worth noting is the mate 20 X battery also does this thing when it goes down to the 20th percentile it dwindles down very fast to the point where 3% of battery is wiped out in mere minutes. Someone else mentioned that negative effect on one of the mate 20 X threads some time in the past but I can't find it for the life of me

Last edited:

Deanro

Feb 24, 2020
Also worth noting is the mate 20 X battery also does this thing when it goes down to the 20th percentile it dwindles down very fast to the point where 3% of battery is wiped out in mere minutes. Someone else mentioned that negative effect on one of the mate 20 X threads some time in the past but I can't find it for the life of me

Yes users have complained about this same phenomenon where the battery whittles down very fast as it approaches 20 - 25% which is annoying to watch that gauge go red quickly.

Have to tried other approaches as in buying a battery case or considering the dauntless challenge of replacing the internal battery? Keep in mind if you replace the battery the first step is to find a credible vendor that sells legit batteries.

What do you mostly do on your phone that contributes to your battery drain?

protoga

May 5, 2021
Yes users have complained about this same phenomenon where the battery whittles down very fast as it approaches 20 - 25% which is annoying to watch that gauge go red quickly.

Have to tried other approaches as in buying a battery case or considering the dauntless challenge of replacing the internal battery? Keep in mind if you replace the battery the first step is to find a credible vendor that sells legit batteries.

What do you mostly do on your phone that contributes to your battery drain?

For me I check email like 4x/day, play vid games for 10 minutes, net surf for 15 minutes and make 3 0r 4 calls/day.

benbird7

Aug 24, 2010
East Anglia - UK
Sorted thanks. I'd inadvertantly installed c432 firmware for emui rather than c431, my bad.. I think that was causing the issue updating it, although on a couple of updates had to go to Huawei app gallery and they showed up.

For anyone else installed Huawei P30 PRO VOG-L29 C432 v10.1.0.150 from this post then updated on wi-fi. Now running 11.0.0.74 and have blocked updates using ADB.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone noticed a decline from 10 to 11.
    I cannot speak for the mate 20 x but I was a p30 pro user before and it had a huge impact on my battery, also speaks volumes as its all over the xda forum emui 11 battery drain on 11.0.0.140

They have just got an update to. 147

Reason I ask is since having the phone the battery is 91 percent on accubattery and all I've known is emui 11, I'm only getting sot or 6/7 hours on WiFi, no gaming
    Just YouTube, chrome, fb and reddit
    Did you buy this phone used? It's possible that your phone is used/refurbished without you knowing it!

Many 3rd party resellers have actually been guilty of selling phones of such they repackage as brand new at the expense of the consumer unfortunately. This happened to a friend of mine who bought a "brand new, never opened" (note the quotes) mate 20x from ebay. He was quick to notice that it was anything but brand new. This could probably be you in your case.

But there are very good battery cases that work very well in extending battery life of the 20x. I happen to own one which in addition to the native battery of the 20x, extends battery to 6 - 10 days on medium handling between charges. This is the one I have, check it out if you like it:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/193653945242
    Just to follow upon what you said, i got some questions for you;

- So I downloaded hibernator. Which system apps did you hibernate?

- You said to block apps from using access options that are not necessary. What do you mean by access options?

- How do i switch from 4g to 3g?

- What unnecessary apps did you disable through adb?
    Happy to help.

- Hibernator: Let me get back to you on that, its quite a long list haha. I basically included all apps that dont pop up regularly when using specific system functions. So basically just hibernate once after boot and done.
    edit: attached zip with screenshots of all the hibernated system apps.

- App access options: By that I mean in the system settings under "Apps", check all permissions for all apps and set only the ones u really need and use. Also check App Auto-Launch options as well as Battery Optimization of Apps (can find all of those via the search function). It's a bit tedious to set everything up, but u only need to do it once at the start and afterwards just every time u install and set up a new app.

- 4G to 3G: Settings / Mobile Network / Mobile Data / Preferred network mode / Set "3G/2G auto"

- disable unnecessary apps via adb: that depends on your preferences and usage cases. but as a rough guideline, i followed this thread here: https://xdaforums.com/t/guide-spreadsheet-remove-system-apps-through-adb.3870727/
    Ok so I got it working finally! thank you for that. Just wanted to know what you think about some packages before I uninstall.

I have tmobile. Do you think its wise to uninstall 'com.android.partnerbrowsercustomizations.tmobile'?

I cant find a description for 'com.huawei.hiviewtunnel'. Whats it for?

Will removing 'com.google.android.apps.work.oobconfig' cause issues with google or gmail in any way?

Will removing Huawei Launcher cause issues even if I have nova installed as my launcher?

I dont use themes but I see you dont have it uninstalled on your list. Should I uninstall it?

hm lets see...

- partnerbrowsercustomizations should be alright, sounds to me like some ad / vendor related stuff
    - com.huawei.hiviewtunnel is related to showing additional info on an image after snapping. havent seen any bad impact after disabling it.
    - com.google.android.apps.work.oobconfig not sure, might be related to work profiles in android. havent seen any reports that it has a negative impact after disabling
    - as for the Huawei Launcher, my suggestion: DO NOT remove or disable it in any way. firstly, huawei integrates its launcher very very tightly with the system, so even if u do manage to remove or disable it (highly unlikely already), it might break something in the system. even when u use a third party launcher i recommend keeping the default launcher as a backup, just in case.
    - Themes is up to you. if you dont use it, u can just uninstall it, no harm. tried it before and all is well.

and dude, should be pretty obvious but: after asking and receiving answers for like 20 different questions, it wouldnt hurt to drop a like or two. just saying ;)