Battery life fix

Search This thread

tomksoft

Sep 28, 2008
Zabrze
Today I have been away from home with my HD2 for few hours. I have noticed that without intense use(only checking mail few times and listening to a bit of music for few minutes, had HSDPA on and Palringo on), I went down from 100% battery to 40% in about 6 hours. That did not seem to be good. I have checked battery life fixes for other phones and checked which are available for HD2.

Here's what I changed in regs:

HKLM\Comm\AsyncMac1\Params
DisablePowerManagement=0

HKLM\Comm\PPTP1\Params
DisablePowerManagement=0

HKLM\Comm\L2TP1\Params
DisablePowerManagement=0

HKLM\Drivers\SDCARD\ClientDrivers\Class\SDMemory_Class\High_Capacity
DisablePowerManagement=0

HKLM\Drivers\SDCARD\ClientDrivers\Class\MMC_Class\High_Capacity
DisablePowerManagement=0

HKLM\Drivers\SDCARD\ClientDrivers\Class\SDMemory_Class
DisablePowerManagement=0

HKLM\Drivers\SDCARD\ClientDrivers\Class\MMC_Class
DisablePowerManagement=0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\Battery
PollInterval=20000
// probably time between checking battery status, it's 10s by default, changed it to 20s

Tomorrow I will test it out and report if applying these fixes helps or not. You can check them out too if you want. So far I did not notice any problems after these reg changes, but I am not sure if they help.

tomksoft

Sep 28, 2008
Zabrze
I do not know, perhaps. However, not all hacks I have found are available for HD2. I'd not risk playing with advanced config tools that are not compatible with Leo.

br3nt

Jul 23, 2008
will be interesting to see how the test goes - just dont forget to make a softreset ;)

jgal

Apr 3, 2009
Warsaw
Today I have been away from home with my HD2 for few hours. I have noticed that without intense use(only checking mail few times and listening to a bit of music for few minutes, had HSDPA on and Palringo on), I went down from 100% battery to 40% in about 6 hours. That did not seem to be good. I have checked battery life fixes for other phones and checked which are available for HD2.

DisablePowerManagement=0

HKLM\Comm\PPTP1\Params
DisablePowerManagement=0

HKLM\Comm\L2TP1\Params
DisablePowerManagement=0

DisablePowerManagement=0

DisablePowerManagement=0

DisablePowerManagement=0

DisablePowerManagement=0

PollInterval=20000
// probably time between checking battery status, it's 10s by default, changed it to 20s

Tomorrow I will test it out and report if applying these fixes helps or not. You can check them out too if you want. So far I did not notice any problems after these reg changes, but I am not sure if they help.

By the way I must ask You... Where did you bought the HD2 so early in Poland? I'm still waiting for mine...

20mihalko

Aug 7, 2008
Bratislava
hope, it will be better :) take a look, if it doesn`t close (or minimize) programs like opera in sleep mode, and if mail is still synchronizing... it should be good, but one never know...

Last edited:

deaad

Oct 20, 2008
Rotterdam

DisablePowerManagement=0

HKLM\Comm\PPTP1\Params
DisablePowerManagement=0

HKLM\Comm\L2TP1\Params
DisablePowerManagement=0

DisablePowerManagement=0

DisablePowerManagement=0

DisablePowerManagement=0

DisablePowerManagement=0

PollInterval=20000

You can also use "Advanced Configuration Tool v3.3" t do so.

kersh

Oct 28, 2007
My battery have a "problem" and "solution" on drain.

I charge to 100% and then go down to 50% or something really fast. Then from 50% to 5%, last looooooooooooooong,

100-50% = 10 hours
50-5% = 25 hours.

have you trying this? Maybe it is the problem and not a really fast drain.

xmoo

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2006
Eindhoven
www.Mohammad.Moghtader.net
My battery have a "problem" and "solution" on drain.

I charge to 100% and then go down to 50% or something really fast. Then from 50% to 5%, last looooooooooooooong,

100-50% = 10 hours
50-5% = 25 hours.

have you trying this? Maybe it is the problem and not a really fast drain.

This is a know thing on phones using the Snapdragon chip.

mrturq

Dec 2, 2008
Almere
i dont get it.
i really dont like the battery life of the leo,mine is finished within hours
and im not using it intense.

erdoke

Oct 4, 2008
i dont get it.
i really dont like the battery life of the leo,mine is finished within hours
and im not using it intense.

It is not that bad for me, lasts 10-15 hours depending on usage. And mine is used intensely: 60-80 minutes of call, corporate push email; 4 private mail boxes and weather synchronized every hour, RSS feeds checked 3-4 times a day, etc. I expected something like this from the combination of a 4,3" screen and a 1230 mAh battery.

Aug 30, 2008
Oxford
An idea

Hi All,

Those of you experiencing battery life issues - are you using the Facebook/Twitter/Weather sync tools in Sense? It appears they don't drop the connection once they have done their sync.

So any of (or all) these tools running means your data connection is constantly on... If your using 3G that's a big drain on your battery!

Try turning off this functionality and see if that improves your battery life, if so then you know what the culprit is.

You could always switch 3G off and turn it on when you want to web browse etc... which would also help rather than turning the Facebook/Twitter/Weather functionality off completely.

Unfortunately it looks like bad coding from HTC...

Hopefully either they or 'us' can fix it soon ;)

Xaddict

May 15, 2009
Sydney
Battery life

After a brief honeymoon with HD2, I am back to earth.
Though I love this device, if battery life is due to ordinary use, I'm stuffed.
I'm used to the HD which had really good battery life.
Hopefully it is only settings.

Starfury

Feb 10, 2007
Hi All,

Those of you experiencing battery life issues - are you using the Facebook/Twitter/Weather sync tools in Sense? It appears they don't drop the connection once they have done their sync.

So any of (or all) these tools running means your data connection is constantly on... If your using 3G that's a big drain on your battery!

Try turning off this functionality and see if that improves your battery life, if so then you know what the culprit is.

You could always switch 3G off and turn it on when you want to web browse etc... which would also help rather than turning the Facebook/Twitter/Weather functionality off completely.

Unfortunately it looks like bad coding from HTC...

Hopefully either they or 'us' can fix it soon ;)

Data is only a battery drain if bytes are being sent/received. If the connection is idle it doesn't do anything.

Starfury

Feb 10, 2007
After a brief honeymoon with HD2, I am back to earth.
Though I love this device, if battery life is due to ordinary use, I'm stuffed.
I'm used to the HD which had really good battery life.
Hopefully it is only settings.

Wellthe battery if I remember is only 1230mAh (or was it 1250) compared to the Kaiser which has 1350mAh and as we all know within a few months there are higher capacity ones available. So keep an eye out on places like batterymill.co.uk etc for bigger batteries.

Starfury

Feb 10, 2007
For those complaining about the battery life, did you characterise the battery properly?

Its well documented that you do not need to do this with Li-Ion batteries. All you can try and do is "reset" the circuit which is used to try and "estimate" the amount of battery life remaining based on voltage levels. This is inaccurate at best and just wrong at worst.

Pixel

Jul 19, 2005
Stoke-on-Trent
Why would power management have been disabled in the first place? Any ideas? Have HTC put in their own power management?

My first day with the HD2 today, and I charged it from 40% (as it came) to full overnight. An hour of audible audiobook whilst plugged in, 30 mins of music, browsing, 30 mins of calls and regular email checks on battery, and I'm down to 15% after 10 hours. This seems rather low. I've put these tweaks in, and disabled auto-refresh on twitter and weather (everything else is off), so we'll see what happens tomorrow.

tboy2000

Oct 21, 2006
London
Huawei Mate 20
Huawei Mate 20 X
Despite adding the battery optimization tweaks I have read in this post and ones I have out in my hints and tips thread, I still am so disappointed with battery life. It just runs down too quickly. The autodisconnect data reg tweak seems to work sometimes and othertimes it doesn't

Lets all try our very best to discover, research on other forums the best way to improve our battery life.