General Battery life thread

Search This thread

silverkin

Nov 2, 2012
There is a battery thread in P6 Pro section, but we don't have an equivalent here, so...

How's your battery on regular Pixel 6? Can't post any data from my side, as it's still being dispatched....

Biggenz

Sep 19, 2014
My battery life seems to be just fine.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211031-190435.png
    Screenshot_20211031-190435.png
    172.3 KB · Views: 799
Reactions: silverkin

RetroTech07

Apr 24, 2021
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Mine seems fine, it's been idle more than anything and it'll probably be that way since I try not to use it too much. When I'm at work I can't really use my phone anyway, so I expect battery life to be strong.

I also have a battery app that monitors usage and health of the battery if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211031-132245.png
    Screenshot_20211031-132245.png
    225.6 KB · Views: 617
Reactions: silverkin

silverkin

Nov 2, 2012
Mine seems fine, it's been idle more than anything and it'll probably be that way since I try not to use it too much. When I'm at work I can't really use my phone anyway, so I expect battery life to be strong.

I also have a battery app that monitors usage and health of the battery if anyone is interested.
Are you using Accubattery? If so, could you post your stats?

RetroTech07

Apr 24, 2021
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Are you using Accubattery? If so, could you post your stats?
Yes I am. I only charged it once to 100 even though I know that's not good, but for first time I think it's ok.

I'm not sure i have enough stats to show since I've only used the app once to charge, but happy to share whatever info you need. Just let me know which screen to grab and I'll post.

wahm2021

Nov 1, 2021
Im getting about 9 hours of SOT. Using accubattery and this is while using youtube TV along with bluetooth (not using battery saver at all). The battery life is great on the pixel 6 pro and its a bit better than my s21 ultra.

RetroTech07

Apr 24, 2021
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I'm guessing my stats are good? Idk where it got 4 sessions over the last 4 days from, but I installed the app yesterday and had it charged at 100% around 3PM. From then on I would use it randomly, mainly using chat through IM apps. I haven't done anything super battery heavy yet. I'm at 8% as I sit and write this...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211031-220728.png
    Screenshot_20211031-220728.png
    336.1 KB · Views: 392

android_dan

Feb 17, 2015
It all depends on the connectivity, e.g. @android_dan is using 5G which is battery hungry, and also network reception is really low here.
Even on 5G I have no complaints about battery life. I'm getting up at 4:30 am and going to bed at 10:30 pm with 20-30% battery. We've had some weather delays so I've been on the phone a lot throughout the day. No complaints here.

silverkin

Nov 2, 2012
So I am using my P6 for 3 days and battery life is amazing when screen is on (I can get like 12 hour of sot if I would spend all day looking at my phone), but idle usage is pretty high for me - getting like 3-4% per hour while screen off on LTE, 2g disabled, AoD disabled.

Is anyone experiencing the same? Or maybe I still need to wait for Adaptive Battery's magic?

lilrob1213

Dec 20, 2011
Google Pixel 6
So I am using my P6 for 3 days and battery life is amazing when screen is on (I can get like 12 hour of sot if I would spend all day looking at my phone), but idle usage is pretty high for me - getting like 3-4% per hour while screen off on LTE, 2g disabled, AoD disabled.

Is anyone experiencing the same? Or maybe I still need to wait for Adaptive Battery's magic?
I get 5% drop over night while I'm sleeping and connected to wifi. All apps closed in the background. I don't think that's too bad in my case. Definitely let things "settle" after the first few days of use. I've seen lots of improvement in battery after having the phone for a week.

I tend to get thru a whole day no problem! I turned network preferences to LTE cuz my area doesn't have great 5g and I don't find it slow at all. And I'm on wifi most of the time anyway. At the end of the day I have somewhere between 7-9 hours SOT which is amazing! I watch lots of YouTube videos and listen to music throughout the day. Hope this helps!

jawamdame

Oct 23, 2011
for me, the battery is a tragedy, it drops in my eyes, I was able to get a maximum of 4h sot. On average, I have 2.5 to 3.5 hours of sot. I have a recommended 4G network set. I use 2 sim.
Screenshot_20211114-141932.png

Last edited:

RetroTech07

Apr 24, 2021
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I am afraid that it will not happen, Google has always not paid attention to e-sim activities. Pixel 5 running 1xsim + e-sim lost animations, they never made it better
They're actively looking into the battery drain issue, and some folks have had success with doing a factory reset.

I was able to find out what was causing my phone to be active and never enter a deep sleep, which has improved the battery drain I was having. I'm still not sure why mobile network standby fluctuates on me; sometimes it'll be as low as 3% and others in the 20 when I'm not doing anything different at home.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    with my normal phone usage I am ending up with about 30-40% at the end of the day. With my Pixel 5a I still got about 60% juice. I cannot complain. I've seen wild differences on youtube from others (both good and terrible).
    My battery life seems to be just fine.

comparison. Over 8 hours is pretty good.
    Dayum. That's some iphone 13 pro max stats there lol.