General Battery life thread

Search This thread

wahm2021

Nov 1, 2021
Yes 5g has been causing a massive drain for some ppl. This can be fixed. Hopefully the next update addresses this

jawamdame

Oct 23, 2011
I had a problem with excessive battery consumption, I already know that it was caused by data transfer from my Pixel 5. The factory reset helped.

Kimbaroth

The first two days or so, the battery was so-so, but after that, IDK what happened, but I suposse everything settle down and now the battery life is AWESOME, I leave home @8 AM, and by the time I get home again (around 7ish PM) I still have 50% of battery available AT LEAST.

I'm so happy with this. =D

AznImport88

Mar 12, 2021
So I think I figured out the cause of battery drain and excessive heating issues.

Like many of you, I've been experiencing horrible battery with around 4.5 hour screen on time per charge and crazy overheating. This was solved by conducting a factory reset and and NOT transfering over/restoring data from a previous phone when your Pixel 6/ 6 Pro prompts you though the initial set up.

I've conducted a factory reset without transfering data and my battery life has doubled. I am also not getting a super hot phone just from light usage anymore - this is exactly what I expected the first time around after owning a Pixel 5, which I thought was a battery beast. Very happy with this phone now!!

Last edited:

Uchman365

Feb 2, 2020
So a factory reset seem to have made a MASSIVE difference to the battery life! I went to bed at midnight at almost 40% which NEVER happened before. Its only two days so far but its looking good

Last edited:

silverkin

Nov 2, 2012
I am having a pretty good battery life on Wi-Fi, still a little bit too big drain on LTE. Still contemplating if I should sideload this newest update.

The stats are based on like 90% time on wifi.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211119-150237.png
    Screenshot_20211119-150237.png
    240.3 KB · Views: 140

Nohik52

Jan 22, 2011
Troyes
Hi all,
Have the phone since the 28, always have between 7 and 8 hours screen ON with a full cicle, LTE/WIFI/GPS always ON, I often increase brightness on evening, no dark mode.
At least on 24h easy, on average for 1 day 1/2, sometimes during 48h, depend on my usage.

I think it's pretty great 🤷🏻‍♂️

The biggest flaw for me, even with the official adapter, is the time to charge from 80 to 100%, upgrade from a 4 years old OnePlus 5 who is faster 🙄

bluegrass55

Sep 29, 2011
London
For me using the exact setup & apps that I use on my old Oneplus 5T ( Android 9 Google free) the battery on this Pixel is terrible.
The daily usage was exactley the same. One day I started off with 77% and after listening to audio on bluetooth for almost 2 hours with email sync in the background it eneded up with 33%. I don't use any social network apps,play games or have a Google account/Play store setup (frozen in Titanium) and yet 40% usage.

The only saving grace for me was the 90hz screen. Impressive stuff conmpared to the 5T.

Returned it.

RetroTech07

Apr 24, 2021
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
For me using the exact setup & apps that I use on my old Oneplus 5T ( Android 9 Google free) the battery on this Pixel is terrible.
The daily usage was exactley the same. One day I started off with 77% and after listening to audio on bluetooth for almost 2 hours with email sync in the background it eneded up with 33%. I don't use any social network apps,play games or have a Google account/Play store setup (frozen in Titanium) and yet 40% usage.

The only saving grace for me was the 90hz screen. Impressive stuff conmpared to the 5T.

Returned it.
Did you try to do anything to resolve your issue or just tossed the phone back at Google?

bluegrass55

Sep 29, 2011
London
Did you try to do anything to resolve your issue or just tossed the phone back at Google?

If a 2021 phone with a new Chipset, latest Android version with a 4616 mAh battery can't keep up with a 2017 phone with Android 9 and 3300mAh battery then not worth the time and money.
I'm literally using the exact apps & setup.
Only upgrade from my point of view is the 90Hz display and USB 3.1.

RetroTech07

Apr 24, 2021
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
If a 2021 phone with a new Chipset, latest Android version with a 4616 mAh battery can't keep up with a 2017 phone with Android 9 and 3300mAh battery then not worth the time and money.
I'm literally using the exact apps & setup.
Only upgrade from my point of view is the 90Hz display and USB 3.1.
That's fine and all, but not the question I asked. If you're noticing extreme battery drain there's a possibility something isn't right on your end. Folks have done a factory reset after transferring data from a prior device which was causing battery drain.

Again, trying to resolve issues is a good start instead of just tossing in the towel, but idk if you even tried this since you dodged the question.

Reactions: jfodra

bluegrass55

Sep 29, 2011
London
That's fine and all, but not the question I asked. If you're noticing extreme battery drain there's a possibility something isn't right on your end. Folks have done a factory reset after transferring data from a prior device which was causing battery drain.

Again, trying to resolve issues is a good start instead of just tossing in the towel, but idk if you even tried this since you dodged the question.
I did answer your question, but if you need more detail, here goes.

I didn't restore apps from one device to another. I re installed the apps individually/set them up exactly as before then used the phone. Very clean install. So if the apps that I've been using for a number of years on a different device without battery issues aren't misbehaving then it must be the new phone or A12.

The Pixel has a bigger battery and as a Google produced device you'd think it would much better setup then one made by One Plus.

Also as I don't use any social network apps that sync in the background ( only FairEmail) there shouldn't be any press on the batt. Just make calls, send text or the occasional email. I have very few apps installed. So why spend any more time on it? My time is precious.

My battery drain is excellent, no issues with the P6 at all. Well besides the not so awesome in display finger print reader that is. I'm not a massive power user at all. I think my biggest SOT was like 5.5 hours in a 24 hour period and I still had plenty of battery left. So far I'm happy with the device but I now realize how awesome a phone the P2XL was. The P6 is an upgrade in most areas but the P2XL is still super awesome.

wahm2021

Nov 1, 2021
So my charging time has improved massively. Adaptive battery noticed my recent heavy usage. It only takes one hour to charge from 10 percent to 85 percent. And the battery capacity has not gone down despite multiple charging cycles. I like it!

I'm getting about 5.5 hours sot with 5g internet usage..standby battery is an issue however as it drains about 3 percent per hour. That's one area Google can improve with an update. Overall good battery but can get better

ne0phyte17

Dec 2, 2021
Google Pixel 6
I was already wondering if I just got lucky or the battery life is really good for my usage patterns (messengers, youtube, reading websites/emails, listening to podcasts). Using mostly dark theme, brightness around 50% (less at night) but keep in mind that I am almost always on WiFi.
AccuBattery reports the capacity as 4792mAh, but I suppose thats due to lack of enough data points?

Note: Ignore the 45 charging sessions, I was testing a Qi charger (without much success beyond ~400mAh...).

Screenshot_20211202-124902.png

Screenshot_20211202-124844.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    with my normal phone usage I am ending up with about 30-40% at the end of the day. With my Pixel 5a I still got about 60% juice. I cannot complain. I've seen wild differences on youtube from others (both good and terrible).
    My battery life seems to be just fine.
    Mine seems fine, it's been idle more than anything and it'll probably be that way since I try not to use it too much. When I'm at work I can't really use my phone anyway, so I expect battery life to be strong.

I also have a battery app that monitors usage and health of the battery if anyone is interested.
    comparison. Over 8 hours is pretty good.
    Dayum. That's some iphone 13 pro max stats there lol.