• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Battery life thread

Search This thread

gnite6

Nov 11, 2021
Those are pretty much the same numbers I'm seeing. I had around 80 hours of screen off time before I started listening to music/podcasts over bluetooth for ~8 hours a day. I think the battery life is great, I'm finishing most days with 50% left.

Screenshot_20211203-212952.png

silverkin

Nov 2, 2012
I am experiencing same battery like @gnite6 but only on wifi, still when on mobile data it eats battery like 3 times faster. Waiting for Monday to obtain an update, hope it's going to fix mobile radio issue.

wahm2021

Nov 1, 2021
Huge update on the way peeps. Next week should fix 100 of issues. Looks like Google is listening and I expect a boost in battery life esp when using mobile data.

WibblyW

May 24, 2011
Google Nexus 4
Moto X Play
I am experiencing same battery like @gnite6 but only on wifi, still when on mobile data it eats battery like 3 times faster. Waiting for Monday to obtain an update, hope it's going to fix mobile radio issue.
It all does depend on the apps you're running etc, but 1.8%/hr with the screen off (assuming you're not streaming music etc) isn't great. I usually wind up at 0.7 - 0.9%/hr or so over night with previous phones with my set up. Seeing over 1 - 1.5%/hr on my P6 currently with the same set up, despite it having a bigger battery than any previous phone I've had. So, today at least, the P6 is clearly consuming much more power when it has 'nothing to do overnight' than my previous phones, which is even more than offsetting its bigger battery.

In fact all my Android phones have, perversely, ultimately reported around 0.7 - 0.9%/hr drain over night regardless of their battery size. All set up with the same apps and all but a few of those apps not allowed to run in background (or force closed in the old days). It's as if all Android phones' design philosophies are that's the target minimum battery consumption and there's no need to optimise below that... i.e. with a bigger battery, there's no need to optimise so much. My 0.7 - 0.9%/hr will be different for other set ups, but I always expected my number to be lower if the phone has a bigger battery. But it's not.... :-(

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    with my normal phone usage I am ending up with about 30-40% at the end of the day. With my Pixel 5a I still got about 60% juice. I cannot complain. I've seen wild differences on youtube from others (both good and terrible).
    My battery life seems to be just fine.
    Mine seems fine, it's been idle more than anything and it'll probably be that way since I try not to use it too much. When I'm at work I can't really use my phone anyway, so I expect battery life to be strong.

I also have a battery app that monitors usage and health of the battery if anyone is interested.
    comparison. Over 8 hours is pretty good.
    Dayum. That's some iphone 13 pro max stats there lol.