• Screenshot_20220605-094935_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20220605-094935_Device care.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 306
  • Screenshot_20220605-100257_GSam Battery Monitor Pro.jpg
    Screenshot_20220605-100257_GSam Battery Monitor Pro.jpg
    383.6 KB · Views: 307

G0bl1n

May 7, 2009
Could you please share what you did for tuning? Is there a list of actions to undertake?

My battery doesn't last for more than 10 hours, consuming roughly 10%/h with around 3-4 h SOT
I have the US version of the phone, with Snapdragon CPU.
Things I did to improve battery life:
Disabled Wi-Fi scanning
Disabled "precise" Google location (location is allowed to use only GPS, no hidden Wi-Fi scanning as it has nothing to do with the "high precision" location Google is trying to sell to everyone)
Power Saving mode is always ON
I have no Facebook/Facebook Messenger apps.
I only have one mesanger app runnning in the background - Slack.
I removed many apps installed by Samsung by default. The file with the removed packages is attached. Use it at own risk! I'm not responsible for any damages you do to your phone by using the attached list. Do a backup before experimenting. Some lines are commented in the file, please be careful.
I use dark theme to reduce display power consumption

Attachments

• packages_to_remove.txt
    5.6 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: biikman and giosal
Could you please share what you did for tuning? Is there a list of actions to undertake?

My battery doesn't last for more than 10 hours, consuming roughly 10%/h with around 3-4 h SOT
How does your phone have 3-4 h of SOT if your consumption is 10%/h?

I mean, if your active power drain is around 10%, you should be getting far higher SOT. Simple math, 10%/H includes SOT, which would theoretically result in 10H of SOT.
Either your consumption is MUCH higher than 10%/h of active drain or you're getting longer SOTs lol

Goku1992

How does your phone have 3-4 h of SOT if your consumption is 10%/h?

I mean, if your active power drain is around 10%, you should be getting far higher SOT. Simple math, 10%/H includes SOT, which would theoretically result in 10H of SOT.
Either your consumption is MUCH higher than 10%/h of active drain or you're getting longer SOTs lol
Mate dont answer... This guy is a troll...

Quite easily, actually, my phone spends 10% per hour on AVERAGE, meaning that when the screen is on, the consumption is higher and when it's off, it's lower.
Here are the average stats for last 7 days from AccuBattery
You can clearly see the average 9 % per hour consumption and average SOT of 3 he 30-40 min per day

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220924_235958.jpg
    Screenshot_20220924_235958.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 73

Batfink33

Since the July update, I don't have more than 4h SOT with all the optimizations... I really hate this phone, the only good thing it's the camera capability, otherwise, it's trash. I would switch to another brand, but all have a lot of minuses...
That's where I am with this phone, mine has started to restart randomly for no reason too (done a wipe and all the usual remedies). It's not a great phone at all and I'm very tempted by the iPhone now.

hand-filer

That's where I am with this phone, mine has started to restart randomly for no reason too (done a wipe and all the usual remedies). It's not a great phone at all and I'm very tempted by the iPhone now.
Do it! Everyone needs to experience the iPhone ecosystem at least once to fully appreciate it's limitations.

borijess

Jul 30, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I had terrible battery life until I went on the One UI Beta 5 program. I used to have terrible battery life on 4.1.1. About 3hrs screen on time with 10 to 12 standby. Now on the beta I get around 23hrs standby and 4 to 5hrs screen on time. Hopefully with the One UI they have firgured out the battery life with the One UI 5 stable version comes out.
Screenshot_20220927_114818_Device care.jpg

Reactions: giosal

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do it! Everyone needs to experience the iPhone ecosystem at least once to fully appreciate it's limitations.
    Most people require 6-8 hours of sleep to function in the real world so 18 hours battery life will satisfy 95% of users.

Fair enough, but why are we making excuses for Samsung. I've had an s7 edge, an S10 plus, and S20 ultra, and S21 Ultra and now this one. All of those versions were exynos which were worse than Snapdragon on battery life, and all gave me over a day of battery life.

Are we seriously giving Samsung a pass because a person doesn't stay up for 18 hours?

As I mentioned mine isn't even that high. After learning patterns, mine said 18 hours. I ended up getting 12 hours on that day. Inexusable. This is a snapdragon variant that I have.
    There are other threads that address this same topic. Battery life is something that with these new devices take a while to get "to the point". Battery and system need about a week to learn your usage pattern and determine how to distribute power (as I have read). I got my device yesterday and it's still to early to issue an honest opinion on the battery life, I don't complaint at this moment as I know it will take a while for this to "calibrate" to my usage and needs.

btw TikTok will always drain more battery as you are basically streaming video on a huge ass screen so it is a power consuming task.
    I find battery life generally poor to awful. I'm on 5th day. No change. No draining apps. Nothing unusual.
    A chipset manufactured using a 4nm process, yet underwhelming @ batterylife.

Miss Andrei Frumusanu from Anandtech.
    Good point, Samsung stated the 4nm chipset improved "efficiency" by 30% which implies battery life would improve significantly. Samsung's touted a number of specs for the S22 which have failed to materialize.