• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Battery life with custom rom?

Search This thread

vangry2020

Mar 18, 2020
OnePlus 9 Pro
Upgrading to Android 12 will give you better battery life than any custom rom out there.

Screenshot_2021-10-19-18-17-18-42_0ba066473b79d6e213a1f6f52505e2ee.jpg

Reactions: PeteT and Jomsha
Oct 22, 2021
Upgrading to Android 12 will give you better battery life than any custom rom out there.

View attachment 5438683
Android version makes no difference at all. I get 10 hours sot easily on cherish OS based on Android 11. And you charged half way through the cycle which can be seen in the screenshot of your graph so this is not even an accurate reading of battery time. You're supposed to go through one charge from 100 to 0 WITHOUT charging in-between at all to get a correct reading.....

vangry2020

Mar 18, 2020
OnePlus 9 Pro
Android version makes no difference at all. I get 10 hours sot easily on cherish OS based on Android 11. And you charged half way through the cycle which can be seen in the screenshot of your graph so this is not even an accurate reading of battery time. You're supposed to go through one charge from 100 to 0 WITHOUT charging in-between at all to get a correct reading.....
That's not how it works. The timer resets when you reach 100% and unplug the cable it starts again. The screenshot is an estimate.

Oct 22, 2021
That's not how it works. The timer resets when you reach 100% and unplug the cable it starts again. The screenshot is an estimate.
Haha what? That's exactly how it works. You charged half way through which is why the graph jumps back up at 25 percent. You might fool these kids but not me. I have been doing this for years and I build my own rims so I know exactly how it works.

Reactions: veedubsky

vangry2020

Mar 18, 2020
OnePlus 9 Pro
Haha what? That's exactly how it works. You charged half way through which is why the graph jumps back up at 25 percent. You might fool these kids but not me. I have been doing this for years and I build my own rims so I know exactly how it works.
Read my previous comment I told you the timer resets when you charge to 100% and remove the cable.
I'm not fooling anyone.

Here's proof
Screenshot_2021-10-23-19-33-48-13_0ba066473b79d6e213a1f6f52505e2ee.jpg

Oct 22, 2021
Read my previous comment I told you the timer resets when you charge to 100% and remove the cable.
I'm not fooling anyone.

Here's proof
View attachment 5439659
He's the timer does reset at a full charge... But again here you charged in the middle of the cycle at 50 percent then let it drop from 12 to 4 then you charged to 100 and that's when it reset. The quick rise is an obvious charge..... Learn to read a graph. Try doing it without charging through the whole cycle and solid lines represent time already past and estimates are represented with a dotted line.

vangry2020

Mar 18, 2020
OnePlus 9 Pro
He's the timer does reset at a full charge... But again here you charged in the middle of the cycle at 50 percent then let it drop from 12 to 4 then you charged to 100 and that's when it reset. The quick rise is an obvious charge..... Learn to read a graph. Try doing it without charging through the whole cycle and solid lines represent time already past and estimates are represented with a dotted line.
That's not how it works on Oxygen 12 it's different. But i do agree cherish OS is a beast when it comes to battery life. It lasts up to a week with a custom Kernel.

Oct 22, 2021
That's not how it works on Oxygen 12 it's different. But i do agree cherish OS is a beast when it comes to battery life. It lasts up to a week with a custom Kernel.
You keep saying that but your graph shows that you charged in the middle of the cycle and I've used Android 12 and the graph is still the same. Argue all you want but you're still wrong and there's no way you could one anything about cherish OS for this device because I never released it and no custom kernel supports any custom rims for this device to this day. You're terribly misinformed.

DashDashCZ

Oct 19, 2014
Czech Republic
OnePlus 9 Pro
You keep saying that but your graph shows that you charged in the middle of the cycle and I've used Android 12 and the graph is still the same. Argue all you want but you're still wrong and there's no way you could one anything about cherish OS for this device because I never released it and no custom kernel supports any custom rims for this device to this day. You're terribly misinformed.
Why would he even make this up? :D

I think you are the one who should learn to read a graph. You can clearly see in the numbers that it's been 9:21h since the phone was charged to 100%. Now look at the numbers on the time axis in the graph. As you can see, the battery reached 100% at around 8 am and it was roughly 5 pm when vangry took the screenshot which is the 9 hrs from last full charge. He had a screen on time of 6:34h in these 9 hours. Since 8 am until ~5 pm the battery percentage is either falling or "constant" but it is definitely not rising which means the phone was not on a charger during this time. Hope we don't have to argue over this. End of story.

Oct 22, 2021
Why would he even make this up? :D

I think you are the one who should learn to read a graph. You can clearly see in the numbers that it's been 9:21h since the phone was charged to 100%. Now look at the numbers on the time axis in the graph. As you can see, the battery reached 100% at around 8 am and it was roughly 5 pm when vangry took the screenshot which is the 9 hrs from last full charge. He had a screen on time of 6:34h in these 9 hours. Since 8 am until ~5 pm the battery percentage is either falling or "constant" but it is definitely not rising which means the phone was not on a charger during this time. Hope we don't have to argue over this. End of story.
Haha I can read this just fine. The nine hours is from a twenty five percent start of charging at around 7 am to 4 pm do the math here.... If it were going from the beginning of the graph it would've been close to twenty hours not nine hours since the last full charge from 8 pm to 4 pm the next day. So this the sot is not even from one single charge it's from two which is not one cycle meaning it was less then 6 hours sot from 100 to 25 when the device was charged again. Xda kids these days I swear.

DashDashCZ

Oct 19, 2014
Czech Republic
OnePlus 9 Pro
Haha I can read this just fine. The nine hours is from a twenty five percent start of charging at around 7 am to 4 pm do the math here.... If it were going from the beginning of the graph it would've been close to twenty hours not nine hours since the last full charge from 8 pm to 4 pm the next day. So this the sot is not even from one single charge it's from two which is not one cycle meaning it was less then 6 hours sot from 100 to 25 when the device was charged again. Xda kids these days I swear.
Then why does the label above 9:21 say "used since last full charge" and not "used since start of charging"? 🤔 I never said that something was related to the whole graph lol, I was only talking about the part from ~8 am when it reached 100% till the end. If this SoT is from two charges then you for sure have an answer for why both "used since last full charge" AS WELL AS SoT say 0 min in vangry's second image? Idk what about you but I'd say this means BOTH numbers are reset after the phone reaches 100% battery. Kids these days indeed.

samwhiteUK

Jul 1, 2012
Cambridge
OnePlus 9 Pro
You're being really dumb. The charge is accounted for in the numbers. You're reading the graph wrong.

Reactions: DashDashCZ

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You're being really dumb. The charge is accounted for in the numbers. You're reading the graph wrong.

Screenshot_2021-10-19-18-17-18-42_0ba066473b79d6e213a1f6f52505e2ee.jpg
    Root with Magisk, flash Omega kernel via FMK. Then use NapTime and ICEBox and you should be fine on stockrom. I easily use my phone around 44 hour between charges. (And ofc this is my suggestion and everything is optional.)